**Big Board Meeting At PN-G Tuesday Night**

KFDM COOP

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just heard from a reliable source that Burnett will be reassigned. This source is usually right on the money.

I have said it before and I will say it again. I would not take a reassignment If I was him.

But..... I am not him. So it doesn't really matter what I think.

I think the real question here is who will PNG hire as the next Big Cheese. Gonna get some good bites on this job offer.

I would go after Alvarez (Kirbyville). He is about to get a deliver a state championship to a little town south of Jasper. The guy knows how to score and he knows how to win.  ;D

I think Credeur would be crazy to leave Lumberton, especially to go rebuild a program

Geez, guys, it took all of 5 posts before one of you brought up Creduers' name. I love my Raiders but not everyone is going to come looking for our coach, not after just 2 successful seasons. Plus, since he is from here it could be that he may actually WANT to be here. The PNG school board meeting will be about MB's future and nothing more. They would not start tossing out names until a decision is made and not before, and those names would likely come from a list of applicants only.

difference in PNG and Lumberton is total commitment to athletics. Will the higher ups at Lumberton prove they are wanting to move forward is the question. And money is a issue here too but Creadur from day one has wanted an improvement to all facilitys from football to soccer and he wants his asst coaches to get paid more. PNG pays alot more and has 10 times the facilitys and thats not even counting the stadium. Creadur has really strong ties to PNG too and is friends with the majority of the asst coaches there. It depends on the direction that PNG wants to go is a quesiton. Coaches down bellow all have different styles so its gonna be very interesting

Other guys who will get a shot are Mike Long(kelly), Alveraz(kirbyville) and Haynes (Hardin). There will be other names but I am certain these coaches will be approached.

Allright im looking forward to getting a coach whos willing to change and work with what hes got like Nueman does, but when he comes in he needs to improve the MS also we got alot of good kid that are starting to come into the system and if we dont fix it from the bottom up were gonna still have problems

I have expected Monty to get some looks from some of the smaller schools in the area for several years now and it hasn't happened or maybe it has and he just doesn't want to leave Nederland for a smaller school.

I doubt PNG is going to give the reigns over to someone without HC experience and a proven track record as a HC as well.

Still not sold on MB not being the HC next year at PNG. The meeting is to create the position of Athletic Complex Coordinator and fill the position at the same time. This could be a way to subsidise an OC that is currently a HC at a smaller school. Could be to pay an OC more in line with what he may be making as a HC somewhere else??

Whatever happens at the board meeting, I hope everything has been  well thought out and nothing is done as a "knee-jerk" reaction.  PNG has quality athletes right down through the MS level and I for one would hate to see these kids not get the best possible coaching staff that they can to develop them as players and responsible young adults.  I hope and pray all the best for PNG football program and look forward to seeing the Indians in the 09 playoffs.  Regardless of what has happened this past year and what will develop from now thru next season, I would hope that all PNG fans would give the kids and the coaching staff and the program as a whole your complete support.

YD - from across the tracks.

Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving to all.

I have expected Monty to get some looks from some of the smaller schools in the area for several years now and it hasn't happened or maybe it has and he just doesn't want to leave Nederland for a smaller school.

I doubt PNG is going to give the reigns over to someone without HC experience and a proven track record as a HC as well.

Still not sold on MB not being the HC next year at PNG. The meeting is to create the position of Athletic Complex Coordinator and fill the position at the same time. This could be a way to subsidise an OC that is currently a HC at a smaller school. Could be to pay an OC more in line with what he may be making as a HC somewhere else??

This is not meant to be a rhetorical question because I don't know the answer but how much HC experience did MB have when he took over the reigns?

I have been keeping my ear to the ground. I have heard so many rumors who can tell. There is one rumor I have heard thats already on this post that keeps coming up the most. Im not posting anymore rumors about this situation. Good Luck to INDIAN football this week

I think Credeur would be crazy to leave Lumberton, especially to go rebuild a program

Geez, guys, it took all of 5 posts before one of you brought up Creduers' name. I love my Raiders but not everyone is going to come looking for our coach, not after just 2 successful seasons. Plus, since he is from here it could be that he may actually WANT to be here. The PNG school board meeting will be about MB's future and nothing more. They would not start tossing out names until a decision is made and not before, and those names would likely come from a list of applicants only.

I disagree...Creduer's name is going to come up a lot throughout the state and that's a huge sign of respect for the kids and staff at Lumberton....Just look at what he's done, taking a school with no playoff history at all and turning them into a team you have to go through instead of team just on your schedule.....

I will be glad when it is over, and we get to see who applies. Some of these people need to look a little farther than a few miles up the road. I didn't know we had to hire from within the Golden Triangle. We can do better than what will be AVAILABLE locally. Lumberton is a growing town with a lot of good athletes. And it will compund thanks to Hurricane Ike, the Bridge City growth will slow down and Lumberton will increase.That is why Creuder should not and in my opinion will not go.

The best man for PNG is not coaching locally. Time will tell.

Very good post and point. To answer your question , Matts first HC job was at PNG and he was and is no more qualified than Monty. Although I don't think you have to worry about Monty going anywhere, he is and should be in line for Neumanns job when he decides to retire.

This is not meant to be a rhetorical question because I don't know the answer but how much HC experience did MB have when he took over the reigns?

I will be glad when it is over, and we get to see who applies. Some of these people need to look a little farther than a few miles up the road. I didn't know we had to hire from within the Golden Triangle. We can do better than what will be AVAILABLE locally. Lumberton is a growing town with a lot of good athletes. And it will compund thanks to Hurricane Ike, the Bridge City growth will slow down and Lumberton will increase.That is why Creuder should not and in my opinion will not go.

The best man for PNG is not coaching locally. Time will tell.

Did I miss something on the news about Coach Burnett leaving?

Hey I got a name to throw in the hat for you guys, and he's a good coach too and from Lumberton. Terry Poole, he started in Lumberton as defensive coach, worked up to DC. After that he left (when they hired Fuller), went to Hardin and took them into the post season his first year as HC and now I believe he is in Nederland as DC.

I'm pretty sure that Delbert Spell is the DC at Nederland or am I mistaken?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83