Biggest hit you ever saw in HS football ?

KFDM COOP

Probably a few years back at the Westfield/Westbrook game.  A Brook  a kick or punt returner decided to jump over the pile.  Why did he do that.  The defender and him met in midair.  Brook player fumbled the ball and was found laying in that same spot 6 minutes after the play was over.  I was like  Ouch!

Probally Robert Melich? sp in 2000 for BC.....it was a playoff game against Cleveland....Melich was a linebacker for BC, blitzed and Cleveland was running an ISO......Melich was un-touched and speared the back 4 yards deep in the backfield......i got it on tape and it still hurts everytime i watch it... To quote Gary Stelly "Ooooooh Melich"

Corey Broussard from Hull-Daisetta had probably the biggest hit I've ever seen (at least live). CB was a basketball player that we finally talked into playing football his senior year. He was an athlete, but never really even hit anyone in practice, so he was NOT known as a big hitter at all. Playing Splendora they run a weak side veer option and the give goes to the fullback. Out of nowhere CB crushes this guy and the first thing that hits the ground is the back of the guy's helmet about 4 yards from impact. The crowd goes nuts and amazingly the guy gets up relitvely quick. He takes three steps towards his sidelines and goes back down. Looks like he's just woozy, but it was much worse. Ambulance comes out, then we find out Life Flight is on the way. Game is postponed for what seemed like forever until he's loaded on the ambulance and then onto the Life Flight Chopper which landed next to Bobcat Stadium on our practice field. They said the impact of the hit made his heart skip a beat and get out of rythym. He wasn't breathing correctly and they were afraid he may have had head trauma as well. It was not a pretty site. Kid ended up being ok after they got him to Houston, but Corey took it pretty rough and it really rattled him psychologically. He didnt' hit anyone the rest of the season. Almost to unbelievable to explain as it looked like the guy was running full speed, then was hit by a truck and immediately went flying the other way.  :o :o :o

Chris Gohlke (PNG) plowed right through a Lamarque WR trying to go across the middle on one of the first plays from scrimage for Lamarque in the 1999 playoffs at the dome. Looked like the guy never saw it coming. Chris got a personal foul called for standing over him after the hit (Chris stayed on his feet), but that set the tone for the rest of the day. LM wideouts got nothing else over the middle all day as PNG stomped 'em.

I also saw A. Griggie hit a number of weary defenders when running the ball for SFA back in the 80's.

I would have to say Buna vs Kountze 1997 Buna's middle linebacker (Rusty Fry) hit the Kountze RB and it looked like the rb was laying on a table about four feet in the air.  One of the local news stations got it on tape and ended up sending it to ESPN and it made one of their highlight segments

OK, like most of you other guys on here, I have seen hundreds of "big" hits.  One that sticks out in my mind (some of you EC fans can probably back me up here) is a playoff game between East Chambers and Mart in 2000 over Bryan's stadium.  Cody Thibedeaux was the ball carrier and I watched him lower his shoulder and accelerate right into Quan Cosby (yes, THAT Quan Cosby at UT) just as Cosby was lowering his shoulder and accelerating into Thibedeaux.  It was like two trucks colliding head on.  Both got up and headed back to their respective huddles afterward.  I was standing on the sideline and I swear I felt an earthquake! 

In 95 East Chambers vs Sheperd..LB from EC, Waylon Strain, almost killed the RB from Sheperd.  It was a draw and Waylon read it instantly and hit the kid so hard a shoe and his helmet flew off.  

Last year playing HD receiver runs a deep post and the safety from High Island, Tiner George, knocks the WR  out like a light.  The kid was out before he hit the ground.

Probally Robert Melich? sp in 2000 for BC.....it was a playoff game against Cleveland....Melich was a linebacker for BC, blitzed and Cleveland was running an ISO......Melich was un-touched and speared the back 4 yards deep in the backfield......i got it on tape and it still hurts everytime i watch it... To quote Gary Stelly "Ooooooh Melich"

Ditto  8)

Chris Gohlke (PNG) plowed right through a Lamarque WR trying to go across the middle on one of the first plays from scrimage for Lamarque in the 1999 playoffs at the dome. Looked like the guy never saw it coming. Chris got a personal foul called for standing over him after the hit (Chris stayed on his feet), but that set the tone for the rest of the day. LM wideouts got nothing else over the middle all day as PNG stomped 'em.

I also saw A. Griggie hit a number of weary defenders when running the ball for SFA back in the 80's.

This Gohlke hit was probably one of the hardest Ive seen

I cant remember the kids firs name. I think it was Chris Pelitere. Anyway, he played for Nederland as a free safety. One night we were playing Dayton in Dayton and the kid put 2 wide receivers out of the game in the second quarter. When I say he put em out. The game was stopped on both hits and they were both carted to the ambulance and hauled off.

That kid could hit and he had speed to burn.

I gotta say the semifinal game between WO-S and Kerville Tivy on December 12, 1987.  Quinton Tezeno stood the RB up the goal line for a goal line stand.  Awesome, simply awesome!!  The 'Stangs went on the win state that year against Rockwall 17-7 and finished the year undefeated 15-0.

And we haven't had that type of hitter or intimadator since then.

And we haven't had that type of hitter or intimadator since then.

Gohlke was a beast. He could lay a lick!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83