All-District 20-4A Volleyball Team

KFDM COOP

Van Wade

The Orange Leader

Here is the All-District 20-4A Volleyball Team as selected by the 20-4A head coaches:

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER: Christine Sicktich, LC-M

OFFENSIVE MVP: Jayme Bazile, Ozen

DEFENSIVE MVP: Alexis Smithy, PN-G

TOP SETTER: Courtney Howell, Lumberton

TOP NEWCOMER: Alese Pinner, Nederland

FIRST TEAM

Chelsea Horn, PN-G

Somalia Randle, Ozen

Shayna Sheppard, LC-M

Alyssa Valastro, Lumberton

Savannah Desmarais, Nederland

Brittaniey Moore, Ozen

Maci Wilcox, LC-M

Brandi Guidry, PN-G

Macy Murphy, Livingston

Nakeisha Washington, Central

SECOND TEAM

Carly Gauthier, LC-M

Stephanie Bowman, PN-G

Alicia Allen, Lumberton

Kaylina George, Ozen

Marybeth O’Neal, Nederland

Shametriss, Mose, Central

Jessica Meyer, Vidor

Shelby Hebert, PN-G

Kaitlyn Glass, Vidor

Alexus Brannon, Ozen

HONORABLE MENTION

Paige Blunt, PN-G; Alexa Humble, LC-M, Ashton LaVergne, LC-M, Jaleasha Blunt, Central; Caroline Armstrong, LC-M; Stacey Ayers, Livingston; Morgan Lantrip, Livingston; Shelby Snyder, Livingston; Tiffany Blalock, Livingston

IF THE COACHES PICK, THEN THEY MUST HAVE BEEN DRINKING SOMETHING OTHER THAN GATORADE, BECAUSE #1 FOR OZEN IS CLEARLY A FIRST TEAM PLAYER.  WE NEED TO ELIMINATE THE COACHES AND LET THE PLAYERS CHOOSE FROM EACH TEAM.  THE COACHES ARE PLAYING FAVORITISM.  ADULTS, ESPECIALLY COACHES, SHOULD BE HONEST!!!!! THIS GIRL BARELY MADE SECOND TEAM, FROM THE LOOKS OF IT!!!!! SOOOOO SAD!!!!!!!!!!!

IF THE COACHES PICK, THEN THEY MUST HAVE BEEN DRINKING SOMETHING OTHER THAN GATORADE, BECAUSE #1 FOR OZEN IS CLEARLY A FIRST TEAM PLAYER.  WE NEED TO ELIMINATE THE COACHES AND LET THE PLAYERS CHOOSE FROM EACH TEAM.  THE COACHES ARE PLAYING FAVORITISM.  ADULTS, ESPECIALLY COACHES, SHOULD BE HONEST!!!!! THIS GIRL BARELY MADE SECOND TEAM, FROM THE LOOKS OF IT!!!!! SOOOOO SAD!!!!!!!!!!!

First off, please undo the all caps button.  It's not polite to yell.  Thank you.

Secondly, are you serious?  I agree the system can be flawed at time, but to let the players choose?  Why don't we just make it a popularity contest and issue crowns and pink spandex to all the girls lucky enough to be voted in?   ::)

By the way, the coaches can't even vote for their own players.  They can put girls up, but they cannot vote for them.  So, are you telling me all the coaches in district 20-4A are favoring other girls over this one girl from Ozen?  Please.

i have been around the picking of all district in the past. the 4a district is as consistent as they come. the 3a group give out too many awards.... they now have the "fighting heart" coaches award, or something like that. so many of them get awards that it waters down the award. but in 4a even if you make second team that means you were a very good player. these coaches aren't as petty as we might assume they are. they do care about the players and understand that all district picks are to honor the best players.

If you have such a problem with it, then go talk to your coach and find out what happened.  These awards mean nothing more than a name in the paper.  Second team is nothing to be ashamed of.

Coming on here solely to promote your kid using two different screen names isn't necessary.  Let her play do the talking....she's obviously very talented. 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jackbquick

Van Wade

The Orange Leader

Here is the All-District 20-4A Volleyball Team as selected by the 20-4A head coaches:

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER: Christine Sicktich, LC-M

OFFENSIVE MVP: Jayme Bazile, Ozen

DEFENSIVE MVP: Alexis Smithy, PN-G

TOP SETTER: Courtney Howell, Lumberton

TOP NEWCOMER: Alese Pinner, Nederland

FIRST TEAM

Chelsea Horn, PN-G

Somalia Randle, Ozen

Shayna Sheppard, LC-M

Alyssa Valastro, Lumberton

Savannah Desmarais, Nederland

Brittaniey Moore, Ozen

Maci Wilcox, LC-M

Brandi Guidry, PN-G

Macy Murphy, Livingston

Nakeisha Washington, Central

SECOND TEAM

Carly Gauthier, LC-M

Stephanie Bowman, PN-G

Alicia Allen, Lumberton

Kaylina George, Ozen

Marybeth O’Neal, Nederland

Shametriss, Mose, Central

Jessica Meyer, Vidor

Shelby Hebert, PN-G

Kaitlyn Glass, Vidor

Alexus Brannon, Ozen

HONORABLE MENTION

Paige Blunt, PN-G; Alexa Humble, LC-M, Ashton LaVergne, LC-M, Jaleasha Blunt, Central; Caroline Armstrong, LC-M; Stacey Ayers, Livingston; Morgan Lantrip, Livingston; Shelby Snyder, Livingston; Tiffany Blalock, Livingston

How does the setter for the district champion lady bears, who had the most assists for the season in the district, not get 1st or 2nd team? The district MVP who led the district in kills was getting beautiful sets all year from this young lady. I know how these things work out, LC-M had the MVP of the district so they could not get any of the other top awards such as top setter, but for this young lady who was the starting setter for 2 years and led the district in assists to not even get 1st or 2nd team is not right in my opinion.

Guest jackbquick

Coaches vote!

Thanks Coop, I understand that the coaches vote, I was just trying to put some info out there, not trying to stir anything. This young lady I know very well and has never complained about any of this but I know how All District works and I know this player has made Academic All District the last couple of years but was not eligible for Academic All State because she did not make 1st or 2nd team All District, is this true about how this works. Thanks for your time. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami