4th Annual Fred Williams Classic (game times set)

Ok.  I have a question for anyone.  Say Kountze wins Tuesday against H-J and then they turnaround and beat Silsbee on Friday....would you say they should be the #1 team in 2A or at least the #1 small school team in Southeast Texas?  Would be a big confidence boost to beat the #1 3A team and the #7 (Silsbee is #7, right) 3A team in the state!!!  To give you my opinion, I would not bet against Kountze.....they have nothing to lose and they are a team on a rampage to get back to state after getting beat by 1 in the regional quarterfinals.

Ok.  I have a question for anyone.  Say Kountze wins Tuesday against H-J and then they turnaround and beat Silsbee on Friday....would you say they should be the #1 team in 2A or at least the #1 small school team in Southeast Texas?  Would be a big confidence boost to beat the #1 3A team and the #7 (Silsbee is #7, right) 3A team in the state!!!  To give you my opinion, I would not bet against Kountze.....they have nothing to lose and they are a team on a rampage to get back to state after getting beat by 1 in the regional quarterfinals.

I am predicting Kountze to lose both games. Silsbee will remain the top Small School team in Southeast Texas.

Kountze is gonna have a pretty solid club this year but I don't think they are anywhere near ready to start talking about a trip to Austin.This team is still young and has alot of growing up to do.Newton and New Waverly will be early round playoff test for the Lions before they get to the regional tourney.I got a chance to watch Silsbee some this summer and they are gonna be the real deal.I think Silsbee and HJ probably should both beat the Lions but thats not a bad pair to lose to.

When the Fred Williams Classic start this weekend we will see a real good test between Silsbee and Kountze and know who's the real deal. HJ has their hand full with Central but I think they can match up to them. After Ktz and HJ play tomorrow we will see who's really the real deal between them too.

When the Fred Williams Classic start this weekend we will see a real good test between Silsbee and Kountze and know who's the real deal. HJ has their hand full with Central but I think they can match up to them. After Ktz and HJ play tomorrow we will see who's really the real deal between them too.

Have your questions been answered? ;D ;D ;D

Have your questions been answered? ;D ;D ;D

Yes, they have. But now I'm starting to question my answer because I hear that 4 of Kountze starters fouled out and one fouled out in 3rd qt. And two player from Kountze didn't play due to injury. And most of all they said the ref were horrible too. So the only way I can get a straight answer is by those two teams playing on neutral court with random officials

Guest stevenash

Have  your questions been answered?

Yes, they have. But now I'm starting to question my answer because I hear that 4 of Kountze starters fouled out and one fouled out in 3rd qt. And two player from Kountze didn't play due to injury. And most of all they said the ref were horrible too. So the only way I can get a straight answer is by those two teams playing on neutral court with random officials

How do you get "random officials"?

Have  your questions been answered?

How do you get "random officials"?

Meaning you get officials that not from either Kountze or HJ. The officials have to be from somewhere nowhere around here, because they only favoring their favorite team. Mostly like a hometown ref.

Should we double blind the fans and players to further randomization?  C'mon, all refs are horrible -- let's just get that out of the way.  I was a fairly unbiased observer and I saw some bad calls go both ways, but that will happen when both teams press the whole game.  HJ was better than what Kountze put on the floor.  Kountze had to foul, because they could not stop HJ's penetration.

I was an unbiased observer in this game guys and I hate to tell ya but the officiating was pretty darn good overall.Having officated some in the past I watch the games sometimes from a little different perspective and these guys did a good job overall.There will always be a few missed calls along the way but this crew was not from Sour Lake and called a fair game.Kountze fouled players out because they play a very physical press and trap defense,that's not the officials fault.The one call I saw that was questionable was a 3 second call against HJ right before the 1st half was over .Other than that it was a solid effort by one of the Beaumont Chapters best crews.

I was an unbiased observer in this game guys and I hate to tell ya but the officiating was pretty darn good overall.Having officated some in the past I watch the games sometimes from a little different perspective and these guys did a good job overall.There will always be a few missed calls along the way but this crew was not from Sour Lake and called a fair game.Kountze fouled players out because they play a very physical press and trap defense,that's not the officials fault.The one call I saw that was questionable was a 3 second call against HJ right before the 1st half was over .Other than that it was a solid effort by one of the Beaumont Chapters best crews.

Very nice output whsalum about the ref. Now like u all know I didn't go to the game so that why I said what I did. But since I really know the ref aren't from HJ I can say my question finally been answered.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124