Question for WOS fans regarding HJ-Silsbee

I am the first to say it is always about the match ups and not about who played who. But for conversation purposes, seeing that the Stangs have played both the Hawks and the Tigers, who do you guys consider the better team out of HJ and Silsbee? Why?

I ask this because of some of the comments I have read on other threads regarding these two teams.

Thanks in advance for all your input. :)

I think both defenses are quick to the ball and play pretty well against the run. I expect both offenses to struggle a bit rushing the ball. I think the difference is going to be at QB. The HJ QB is no Johnson. I think he will be the "X" factor. If he throws the ball like he did against WOS and does what he always does with his legs when things break down, I think he will be the difference. I look for silsbee to win this one something like 28-0 or 28-7.

I think Silsbee will probably have around 175 yards rushing and I bet Johnson will have around 125 of that along with around 150 yards passing.

If HJ's defense held WOS to something like 90 rushing yards, i dont see Silsbee putting up 175... also Silsbees defense is no Chain Gang and i think HJ's Offense will have everything back togethor this week and it will be a close game, decided by 10 or less either way...

I'll repost this for my rebuttle:

The question is not if Silsbee could run on WOS, it's can Silsbee run on HJ. Nobody has ran well against WOS, including the BIG BAD HJ run game . What, ya'll got maybe 25 yards rushing against the Stangs? Total offense of what, 40 yards? The Tigers had 210 yards of offense against WOS, 170 passing, 40 rushing. Yes, we only scored 7 points but if my math is correct, that is 7 more than what HJ scored. Also Silsbee had 170 more yards of offense than HJ. The Tigers will be able to run and pass on HJ, you can count on it.

Defensively, the Tigers faired much better than HJ did or any other team has against WOS all year. We limited the Stangs to their lowest point and yardage total for the season and that was an overtime game to boot. WOS didn't get on the scoreboard until the 4th quarter. What, it was 20 to nothing at the half of ya'lls game. Silsbee may not shut HJ down like WOS did, but the Tiger defense is the next best thing.

Yes, but Silsbee had WOS when it was their first game after Hurricane Ike. The kids were still devastated. Did WOS even have all their kids back for that game? Silsbee would not do it again if they played this year.

According to the WOS coaches that I talked to before the game, all of their players were there. Besides, that was not the first game back. That was the third game after the storm.

You are reaching, TheRef.

Man, you started this forum, then get mighty defensive.  They are just responding to your opening question.

Only to the HJ responses. The question was for WOS fans. They would be the only ones with an unbiased opinion. I will not question any of their responses, good or bad.

well you have a bias opinion and we have the right to ours so calm down a little

Man, you started this forum, then get mighty defensive.  They are just responding to your opening question.

Only to the HJ responses. The question was for WOS fans. They would be the only ones with an unbiased opinion. I will not question any of their responses, good or bad.

If HJ's defense held WOS to something like 90 rushing yards, i dont see Silsbee putting up 175... also Silsbees defense is no Chain Gang and i think HJ's Offense will have everything back togethor this week and it will be a close game, decided by 10 or less either way...

I'll repost this for my rebuttle:

The question is not if Silsbee could run on WOS, it's can Silsbee run on HJ. Nobody has ran well against WOS, including the BIG BAD HJ run game . What, ya'll got maybe 25 yards rushing against the Stangs? Total offense of what, 40 yards? The Tigers had 210 yards of offense against WOS, 170 passing, 40 rushing. Yes, we only scored 7 points but if my math is correct, that is 7 more than what HJ scored. Also Silsbee had 170 more yards of offense than HJ. The Tigers will be able to run and pass on HJ, you can count on it.

Defensively, the Tigers faired much better than HJ did or any other team has against WOS all year. We limited the Stangs to their lowest point and yardage total for the season and that was an overtime game to boot. WOS didn't get on the scoreboard until the 4th quarter. What, it was 20 to nothing at the half of ya'lls game. Silsbee may not shut HJ down like WOS did, but the Tiger defense is the next best thing.

he was not trying to say anything about how many yards yall put up against WOS compared to us he was simply stating that if WOS only had 90 rushing yards against he doesnt see Silsbee getting 175

You just looked at the numbers and ignored everything in between... Silsbee will throw more times then WOS. Johnson will look up field and if there isn't anything open, he will tuck it and run. He is going to get some big gains that way. Notice I stated that the rest of the Silsbee running game will struggle, but Johnson will get his. And, since we're on the subject, no, HJ isn't half the team that the Silsbee team that played WOS was. If that team shows up Friday, HJ will get smoked... like it or not.

Guest Silsbee88

Yes, but Silsbee had WOS when it was their first game after Hurricane Ike. The kids were still devastated. Did WOS even have all their kids back for that game? Silsbee would not do it again if they played this year.

Just for your information REFS, this whole area was shut down following Ike, and WOS started practicing a couple days before Silsbee.  Both teams had the same prep time for the games.  HJ had more games into the season to prepare for WOS and the best they could do was 40-0 loss.  I think your the one that needs a wake-up call.

Well it's good to know Silsbee is going to "SMOKE"   the big bad HJ , I'm just not sure why we should even play the game listening to yall. We will gladly take the feild against Silsbee

You should play the game because it is scheduled and we are just fans talking on a message board. That is my opinion which was requested by a Silsbee fan. All that being said, HJ will still get smoked Friday. I don't mean to offend, but that's how it will go down.

Guest Silsbee88

Well it's good to know Silsbee is going to "SMOKE"   the big bad HJ , I'm just not sure why we should even play the game listening to yall. We will gladly take the feild against Silsbee

See ya on friday night.......

Guest Silsbee88

You should play the game because it is scheduled and we are just fans talking on a message board. That is my opinion which was requested by a Silsbee fan. All that being said, HJ will still get smoked Friday. I don't mean to offend, but that's how it will go down.

This tread was started to ask WOS fans and players who they thought was better, not HJ to give their opinions ( they will not know until after friday).  Thank you for your input.

Guest Silsbee88

then why are silsbee people making comments yall are just trying to start stuff this is very mature!! ::)

The only comments that Silsbee have left are direct replies to you HJ fans.....  Look in the mirror before you talk about maturity!!!!

just give credit where it is due.  Ok==WOS beat HJ. FIne, it happened and it is over.  DONE---

I am just happy to see ---that the 17 and 18 year old boys that you guys are so rough on -- have high spirits for making play-offs!  Who cares about who did what against whom during district.  It's time to look beyond that and go into bi-district with confidence.  I know that nobody wants our teams to lose the first round......or you shouldn't want them to anyway.

H-J is going to play-offs. 

WOS is going to play-offs

Silsbee is going to play-offs.

Let's wish these teams good luck and hope that they all represent our area with dignity and respect.  THe match up against Silsbee and H-J doesn't even matter.  They will go into the play-offs in the same positions.

then why are silsbee people making comments yall are just trying to start stuff this is very mature!! ::)

The only comments that Silsbee have left are direct replies to you HJ fans.....  Look in the mirror before you talk about maturity!!!!

See flamers like this is this reason why silsbee is poo and why hj will contend friday i mean why is everyone such a moron from over there  :-\

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami