Vidor vs. Livingston Predictions?

Fair warning to Livingston fans. Nobody has beaten the Pirates all season, just ask their fans. After y'all beat them they will have either beaten themselves with their own miscues like fumbles, interceptions, or penalties or the refs screwed them.  ::)

With that being said,

Livingston by 14 or more

Jake you are talking about a few Vidor fans not all of us. Go back and look at my post on the Ned-Vid thread. We lost because we could not defend the pass. We are as good as anyone in the district with our running game and run defence, but bring in a good passer and receiver combo and you know the outcome! >:(

Predictions?

I think Vidor COULD do a great job against Livingston. I personally think that they should play Reynolds more. He is a harder runner than Pitman, although Pitman has the speed, Reynolds has the size to get through and get some good yards, he just runs players over, doesn't let anything get in his way. The coaches are holding him back by starting Pitman in front of him.

I could have sworn we rotated between Pitman, Reynolds and Peevey. Reynolds is big and bad, yes, but once we have that defensive front softened up by the middle of the third quarter, then you run Reynolds up their throat for four to five a carry.

I like Pitman as the halfback because he is faster. Reynolds is a better fullback for the sure yardage. But that is just how I see it.

And, as someone has said already, if we can contain Harris, Livingston's do it all player, we win. Their defense is porous and should play to our advantage if we come out strong early. We waited too long to get started against Nederland.

pitman is the fullback, as is reynolds. they rotate all game. peevey is the halfback that gets 90% of the playing time. quirante and travis get the rest. as for taiback that is tate, dart, and pitman on occasion.

Predictions?

I think Vidor COULD do a great job against Livingston. I personally think that they should play Reynolds more. He is a harder runner than Pitman, although Pitman has the speed, Reynolds has the size to get through and get some good yards, he just runs players over, doesn't let anything get in his way. The coaches are holding him back by starting Pitman in front of him.

I could have sworn we rotated between Pitman, Reynolds and Peevey. Reynolds is big and bad, yes, but once we have that defensive front softened up by the middle of the third quarter, then you run Reynolds up their throat for four to five a carry.

I like Pitman as the halfback because he is faster. Reynolds is a better fullback for the sure yardage. But that is just how I see it.

And, as someone has said already, if we can contain Harris, Livingston's do it all player, we win. Their defense is porous and should play to our advantage if we come out strong early. We waited too long to get started against Nederland.

pitman is the fullback, as is reynolds. they rotate all game. peevey is the halfback that gets 90% of the playing time. quirante and travis get the rest. as for taiback that is tate, dart, and pitman on occasion.

Thanks for clearing that up.  :)

Fair warning to Livingston fans. Nobody has beaten the Pirates all season, just ask their fans. After y'all beat them they will have either beaten themselves with their own miscues like fumbles, interceptions, or penalties or the refs screwed them.  ::)

With that being said,

Livingston by 14 or more

Jake you are talking about a few Vidor fans not all of us. Go back and look at my post on the Ned-Vid thread. We lost because we could not defend the pass. We are as good as anyone in the district with our running game and run defence, but bring in a good passer and receiver combo and you know the outcome! >:(

You are correct. I should not have grouped your whole fan base together based on the comments of a few. I agree that if Vidor had a better QB/WR combo that the game might have been different, but just think how good Nederland would be if we had some semblance of a defense! So, I guess it goes both ways!

With that being said,

Livingston by 14 or more

You are correct. I should not have grouped your whole fan base together based on the comments of a few. I agree that if Vidor had a better QB/WR combo that the game might have been different, but just think how good Nederland would be if we had some semblance of a defense! So, I guess it goes both ways!

Actually, your defense looked a heck of a lot better than it did against Livingston. Not dominant, but they were at least effective. Of course Livingston has more speed than anyone in this district I believe.

I just hope we find a way to slow Harris down this week, or this could get ugly. Our defensive line had better step it up and get in the backfield on Friday night.

With that being said,

Livingston by 14 or more

Actually, your defense looked a heck of a lot better than it did against Livingston. Not dominant, but they were at least effective. Of course Livingston has more speed than anyone in this district I believe.

I just hope we find a way to slow Harris down this week, or this could get ugly. Our defensive line had better step it up and get in the backfield on Friday night.

Haven't seen him this year but Livingston's QB turned the ball over 4 or 5 times against Dayton in the playoffs last year.  He made a number of ill-advised throws into triple and quadruple coverage when he was pressured.  I assume they have the same QB this year.

I think they had a different QB.  The  QB  Harris super elusive.

That's the reason I assumed he was the same QB.  He was elusive and turned a number of sacks into positive yardage including one big gain that I remember.  I think he had 3 interceptions and 2 fumbles but I'm not 100% on that.

Im alittle suprised by Livingston sucess thus far this season. Lumberton handled them 37-16 in week one of district. They must have improved, but Go Pirates! Help the cause

It just goes to show that in any given week a team can look really good or really bad. Lumberton beats Livingston 37-16 one week and then gets beat 29-12 against Vidor who then loses to winless Ozen, and so on and so forth. Nederland looked like the team to beat for a while, then lost 2 straight. Now they look back on track again, but who knows. Lots of things get answered each week.

With that being said,

Livingston by 14 or more

I agree!

I think they had a different QB.  The  QB  Harris super elusive.

That's the reason I assumed he was the same QB.  He was elusive and turned a number of sacks into positive yardage including one big gain that I remember.  I think he had 3 interceptions and 2 fumbles but I'm not 100% on that.

same QB as last year. He was elusive last year and I'm sure is only better this year. Dayton fortunately was able to force him to throw last year.

Guest Pirate V Ball

“This is going to sound like a typical coach,†said Mathews. “We were one play away from beating Central. We were one play away from beating Ozen. Against Nederland we had a first-and-10 at their 16 with four minutes left and down just 28-23. It makes you sit back sometimes and wonder what could’ve been. But I don’t want to sit here and make excuses, we’re where we’re at. I think we’ve had a darn good season, one worthy of the playoffs. We can certainly build off the successes of this team and come back even stronger next season.â€

The BIG IF... IF we could of only made an extra point against Central... IF we could of covered Jefferson from Ozen and IF we could of got that pass interference call against Nederland... IF,IF,IF..bottom line is we got beat IF Vidor plays like they did against Lumberton they win if not they lose by 2 TD....

Predictions?

Reynolds problem is that he puts the ball on the ground. He played alot in livingston though and on one play just straight up ran #1 over for a good 12 yards

Predictions?

they play 2 different positions......

No they moved pit to fullback after some injuries in the rotation

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami