who will 20-4a face in first round of playoffs

dme1111

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lumberton will play Dayton in the first round.  Think we may hear about that 8-7 game a few times?

I hope Dayton has everyone healthy, we don't want to hear about who didn't play in this game and the outcome would be different! (Just a little stir, couldn't help myself)

losing five starters during the summer and four more during the season does not seem to have had a letdown.......tick tock.......tick tock.............

Guest BIG HOUSE

Lumberton better beat Nederland or it'll get Uuuuuuuugly when they play Dayton.....

Would not even match up with Dayton....I am a Raider fan but this would be bad for us.....

Scenario 1

Lumberton beats Nederland

Then....

Lumberton plays Crosby

Livingston plays Dayton

Central plays North Forest

Nederland plays CE King

Scenario 2

Nederland beats Lumberton AND...  Livingston beats Vidor

Livingston plays Crosby

Lumberton plays Dayton

Central plays North Forest

Nederland plays CE King

Of the 19-4A teams....

Crosby - PN-G beat this team, whoever gets paired with Crosby wins by at least two touchdowns.

North Forest - Runs the veer, and very well.  Has size and speed at the playmaker position.  Couldn't throw the ball against Dayton, but did have a good defensive scheme which held the Broncos in check for three quarters.  I believe they gave Dayton the best competition of any 19-4A team, and for three quarters had Dayton on the ropes.  Central will have their hands full.  If Central can't stop the dive off the veer, it will be a long night for the Jaguars.

CE King - Played Dayton at the wrong time.  CE King runs a version of the veer also, but couldn't get the dive working.  They did get a couple of plays outside for 5 or more yards and had one long run on a reverse.  Defense wasn't that impressive, but they were playing the Broncos who were firing on all cylinders.  The CE King - Nederland game will be a toss up.  Nederland's defense may not be able to slow down King's running game, but give credit for the Dogs for stopping the Pirates in the 4th quarter.

Dayton - Tick Tock Tick Tock   Dayton is playing their best ball of the year now.  I wouldn't want to be the team paired against Dayton, will be an unpleasant bus trip home.  Their opponent might want to bring some basketballs so they can get an early practice in during the 4th quarter while they are playing the reserves due to being down by six or more touchdowns.

Lumberton will play Dayton in the first round.  Think we may hear about that 8-7 game a few times?

I hope Dayton has everyone healthy, we don't want to hear about who didn't play in this game and the outcome would be different! (Just a little stir, couldn't help myself)

I have a tree in the forest type question, in defeat, which is bigger, 1000 or 1 points?  ;)

20-4A fans will not like me for saying this but I predict a 3/4 sweep for 19-4A regardless of how things pan out in the final week of the regular season. I think whoever gets Crosby will pull out a win in the first round. Beyond that, I believe 19-4A will take it to the other three teams in 20-4A. I'm a Raider fan but I do not see Lumberton or any other local team hanging with Dayton nor do I want to see a first round matchup with the Broncos. Assuming Lumberton doesn't end up in Daytons' bracket, I hope the Broncos take it all the way to State!

Dayton is the last team I want to see have sucess.  My Soph year, they caused a bench clearing brawl at raider stadium that included their coaching staff hitting players. We finally got them out of sight out of mind, I dont care to ever see them again, not b/c of fear, but b/c of disgust. But whatever, were not backin down from anyone and we have the scores to prove it. It all started with dayton ironically being the raiders first district win last year to kick off a historic season. Embarassed Nederland 33-7. upset the 5 time state champion LaMarque team. Welcomed the new kids (livingston) to raider stadium and treated them to a 37-16 loss. But despite our sucess thus far this season, most everyone thiniks were just buyin our time, w/ the exception of a few true fans here with class. I wish luck to Central, b/c they have felt the pain of a losing season as have we, and their fans have supported us all year.

My Soph year, they caused a bench clearing brawl at raider stadium that included their coaching staff hitting players. We finally got them out of sight out of mind, I dont care to ever see them again, not b/c of fear, but b/c of disgust. But whatever, were not backin down from anyone and we have the scores to prove it. It all started with dayton ironically being the raiders first district win last year to kick off a historic season. Embarassed Nederland 33-7. upset the 5 time state champion LaMarque team. Welcomed the new kids (livingston) to raider stadium and treated them to a 37-16 loss. But despite our sucess thus far this season, most everyone thiniks were just buyin our time, w/ the exception of a few true fans here with class. I wish luck to Central, b/c they have felt the pain of a losing season as have we, and their fans have supported us all year.

Sounds like you need a date with Dr. Phil.

Holding a lot of grudges are we???

Do not come on here and spout your lies to the good people of SE Texas and think they will believe it.  Dayton actually had an offensive tackle that year that would not attend McNeese on a scholarship because they recruited a kid from Lumberton and he would not attend any school that would recruit people of that low of integrity.  Thanks for proving his point once again.

You seem to have left out why that all started.  Lumberton was late hitting the Dayton back all night and they high-lowed a Dayton defensive end on a punt no less and completely tore his knee up.  It took the kid 2 years to rehab from having every ligament in his knee tore from the illegal play.  So before you go spouting crap at least tell everyone the whole story.  I know from reading the other posts about Beard the people from Lumberton know what it is like to have a kid taken out by illegal blocks. 

One other question.  How did it feel to take those butt kickings those years from Dayton?  Still have issues don't you.  Get help.

Dayton is the last team I want to see have sucess. Dayton is trash and not many of you know it b/c you see things from the stands. My Soph year, they caused a bench clearing brawl at raider stadium that included their coaching staff hitting players. We finally got them out of sight out of mind, I dont care to ever see them again, not b/c of fear, but b/c of disgust. But whatever, were not backin down from anyone and we have the scores to prove it. It all started with dayton ironically being the raiders first district win last year to kick off a historic season. Embarassed Nederland 33-7. upset the 5 time state champion LaMarque team. Welcomed the new kids (livingston) to raider stadium and treated them to a 37-16 loss. But despite our sucess thus far this season, most everyone thiniks were just buyin our time, w/ the exception of a few true fans here with class. I wish luck to Central, b/c they have felt the pain of a losing season as have we, and their fans have supported us all year.

Told you some people wouldn't like it...My Karma went to -4 after this post...So, somebody out there was offended by my "predictions"...It's funny but it seems like any time I say anything that doesn't show a "bias" on my part, some die-hard decides to punish me...Twice this season I have seen neg karma after making a post that was pro-Dayton...I'm not a Dayton fan folks, just an observer of HS football...I've played it, I've watched it and I've covered it as a sportswriter. And, despite my support of Lumberton, my opinions sometimes clash with that support...I want Lumberton to win it all but I just don't see them or any other team in this area beating Dayton..That's an observation, not a wish.

As for the comments about Dayton being "classless". I can't really comment on that but I can tell you that fans from every school do something stupid every now and then. It's not just Dayton, etc. In fact, I recall covering a HS basketball game between Lumberton and LC-M a few years back (at Lumberton) where a group of Lumberton fans heckled a kid from LC-M so much and so hard that he finally turned around and told them to "bring it on." Granted, he probably shouldn't have done it but the taunts became personal and I, for one, didn't blame him a bit. I was sitting 10 feet away and heard every comment made. A brawl quickly broke out between players on both teams and a few fans on both until the officials removed all of the fans, except the media (of which I was one) and the game continued...Although I blame the Raider fans for this incident, it doesn't make Lumberton or its fans "classless". Some people have no class...You can't let the actions of a few form your opinion towards an entire community or an entire team.

Dayton is the last team I want to see have sucess.  My Soph year, they caused a bench clearing brawl at raider stadium that included their coaching staff hitting players. We finally got them out of sight out of mind, I dont care to ever see them again, not b/c of fear, but b/c of disgust. But whatever, were not backin down from anyone and we have the scores to prove it. It all started with dayton ironically being the raiders first district win last year to kick off a historic season. Embarassed Nederland 33-7. upset the 5 time state champion LaMarque team. Welcomed the new kids (livingston) to raider stadium and treated them to a 37-16 loss. But despite our sucess thus far this season, most everyone thiniks were just buyin our time, w/ the exception of a few true fans here with class. I wish luck to Central, b/c they have felt the pain of a losing season as have we, and their fans have supported us all year.

bo jangles you are a dang lier and start praying that you dont play dayton in the 1st round, coaching staff hitting players you are an IDIOT, you are right about one thing you do not want to ever see them again, I didnt see the waller score on your post, and yes you are buyin your time.  Go nederland

Dear Santa,

All I want for Christmas is for Big Ned to stomp Lumberton.  Because, I would love to see the shellacking the Broncs are going to give them.  Too much talk for the past year, I bet they regret it now.....Tick Tock....Tick Tock....Tick........Tock.... 

20-4A fans will not like me for saying this but I predict a 3/4 sweep for 19-4A regardless of how things pan out in the final week of the regular season. I think whoever gets Crosby will pull out a win in the first round. Beyond that, I believe 19-4A will take it to the other three teams in 20-4A. I'm a Raider fan but I do not see Lumberton or any other local team hanging with Dayton nor do I want to see a first round matchup with the Broncos. Assuming Lumberton doesn't end up in Daytons' bracket, I hope the Broncos take it all the way to State!

I can't buy into that.  Nederland will beat CE King, I guarantee you that. 

This week should be a rest week{playoff tuneup} for Dayton against Kingwood Park who has no dist.wins and has been blown out by everybody else in dist.The Broncos resv.players should get extra play time and coaches will be seeing Dayton's next opponent this coming week.Livingston had a pretty good team last year and you know the story there.The 19 4A {weak}district some say will win alot of postseason games as too much speed as you will soon find out.Four good teams,3 just could not contain Dayton.This team may be their best ever in 14 straight playoff years under coach Stewart incl.9 dist.championships.Cody Green's stats @ QB over 1,800 pass-20 Tds-3 int.---rushed for 750+ w/20 tds.=over 2,500 + yards and 40 tds.Now there's A.J.Dugat and he has put up impressive numbers again this year.Remember Dayton last year without Cody the last 11 games counting playoffs.The Broncos will surpass all offense records at Dayton as they have 3,445 total yds.with 1-7 Kingwood Park coming to Dayton this Fri.night.As for DEFENSE last 4 games gives up less than 2 touchdowns per outing,while allowing King's 999 yd.top RB to 23 carries=57 yds this past fri.night.And as early as 8 games ago some loyal Bronco fans worried the Defense would be hurt by the Coaches dismissing 5 returning defensive players from last years team for a school related altercation.Go Broncos,congradulations again for your 14th straight playoff berth's you've earned and not given a free pass.

Are you serious, we have an explosive offense, overall absolutely I wouldn't put us up there with Dayton, but offensively I wouldn't hesitate... not one second.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kinghoyn
    Newest Member
    kinghoyn