Update on Injuried Rebel

Ten days ago Evadale junior, Bud Tanton was severely injured in a four wheller accident near Silsbee. Bud has been in the hospital in Houston since he was lifeflighted there that same day.

I would like to report that Bud is improving and that things look good albeit what looks to be a long recovery.

He had surgery yesterday, that they had been putting off due to a fever he developed. The surgery went well in fact he could be moved from ICU to a regular room by the first of the week. He could also be released to come back to the hospital in Beaumont from Houston towards the end of next week.

He could be in the hospital (regular and rehab) for up to six months. He is out of the halo and is now in a neck brace another good sign.

The Rebel football teams are all sporting a #64 on the back of their helmets as a tribute to their teammate. Bud played center for the JV team and had been impressive in the early games.

Please continue to pray for Bud and his family, I am sure that this has been a huge drain on the family in so many ways. Thank you SETX Sports community for all your thoughts and prayers.

Prayers out to the kid from our family also.  Last spring there was a young athlete from Warren hurt in a similiar accident (last name Foxworth), does anyone from that area have any updates on that young man?

His name is Harley Foxworth and he was the one wearing jersey #70 that delivered the game ball in the helicopter to our Homecoming. I don't know any details but he is in school and looks to be very well!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder