Underrated/Overrated teams

Most over rated team...Memorial.... Everyone kept saying they have a class act program even before the first series from scrimmage. Not a program yet. Maybe Thompson will change this.

Most Underated...BC never gets any credit coming into FB season. Other sports at BC get state credit...not FB even though they have produced in the last few years in the playoffs.

Over - I say this not knowing exactly what they have coming back this year and base this more on history, but Dayton. I know that in the past we have played them in the first round of the playoffs and historically, we had much stronger teams than them sitting at home out of the playoffs. I know they have Dugat and he is a player, but if they have the same type of talent they usually have, they will be a 4th or 5th place team in 22-4A.

Under - As much as I hate to say it, I don't think PNG is getting enough of a chance. They will have a huge OL coming back and 2 good RB's. The Hemmings kid that played FB towards the end of last year reminded me of Josh Cook. He is a strong runner. If they answer some QB questions and make the adjustments they talk about on D, they can make a run.

2.Underrated= Barbers Hill.They are a very good team and they will win some games this year.I seen them play the last couple years and they are well coached and have some athletes over there.They are a rising school and they will be around for awhile upsetting people

I disagree, BH should be a great team but are certainly not under rated, they are predicted to win the district their first year in 4 A.

Even though they aren't "rated," I'd stick BH in the overrated column. They had almost nothing against WO-S tonight on offense and the Mustang offense moved the ball at will - until the last five minutes, when the JV kids got in. They might make the playoffs in a very, very weak district, but there's nothing there to make me think they'll win a single playoff game.

The defensive line is EXTREMELY susceptible to the run, and the secondary simply cannot defend the deep pass. I expect big play after big play on the Eagle defense.

On offense, nobody wants the ball. It's all over the field. The running game is practically non-existent (save for one big QB run) and the passing game is nothing to write home about.

I wasn't really expecting a shootout in this scrimmage, but I was certainly expecting more of a game than we got. I would equate it to our games against Orangefield (no offense, Cats) or Hamshire-Fannett.

Either I'm right about this, or the Mustangs will be unstoppable this year.

Guest Kelly Football

BH did look pretty bad. Kinda surprised they had a bunch of kids back from last year but then again WOS keeps getting better which is scary for the teams in their district.

If the new D plays all games like they did at Jasper ie... living in the other teams backfield and getting the ints like they did we got a good shot now only to solve the QB question but if they can do the short passes and turn them into big runs like they did that will be ok too PN-G is underated this year IMO ned is overated

Even though they aren't "rated' date='" I'd stick BH in the overrated column. They had almost nothing against WO-S tonight on offense and the Mustang offense moved the ball at will - until the last five minutes, when the JV kids got in. They might make the playoffs in a very, very weak district, but there's nothing there to make me think they'll win a single playoff game.

The defensive line is EXTREMELY susceptible to the run, and the secondary simply cannot defend the deep pass. I expect big play after big play on the Eagle defense.

On offense, nobody wants the ball. It's all over the field. The running game is practically non-existent (save for one big QB run) and the passing game is nothing to write home about.

I wasn't really expecting a shootout in this scrimmage, but I was certainly expecting more of a game than we got. I would equate it to our games against Orangefield (no offense, Cats) or Hamshire-Fannett.

Either I'm right about this, or the Mustangs will be unstoppable this year.[/quote']

BH showed nothing at all in my opinion. I am not sure what in the world Price and his fellow flunkies are attempting too do, but they have taken a normally VERY STRONG defense and dismantled it completely. Every single quality secondary player we have has been taken off of defense and it showed. What an idiot!

As far as the offense, it appeared to me they were trying to get some reps in for Blake. Not to mention the kicker. Why would you not QB sneak the ball when your on the goal line at 1st down. Also, why would you try a 40 yard field goal with the score 33 to 7 in the 3rd quarter. Unless Price is the idiot of the century, they must be tryig to get some game-time practice. Not to mention they put the 2nd string in the 2nd quarter, assuming to give the 1st string some rest.

In addition, BH is very small this year. I am quite suprised at the loss of size we have from last year. I hope they put somthing to getther between now and Wharton, because Wharton is going to be tough.

All this doe snot matter, as you saw what kind of sophmore and freshman class we have. It's going to be ugly for at least 5-6 years.

Orangefield?? They always have my respect. They dont come on here bragging and talking. Those kids play their heart out every down.

I see O'field being a problem for many teams this year. Good luck to yall.

Thanks Kicker. Our problem is depth. If any of our key players go down, then it could be a long season for us. Right now though we are looking good. We could be a spoiler. Don't overlook us, although I'm hoping some teams do.

I was looking at the 3a district..

Out of those schools I believe Silsbee is overrated.

They were in a fairly weak district the past two years.

This new district.I dont think they are in the BIG 3 of that district..

Underrated -Orangefield and BC..I think alot of people look them over..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    fasedo9317
    Newest Member
    fasedo9317