Underrated/Overrated teams

Wow, now this is going to be a can of worms, but I like worms so here goes:

Most Over-Rated Team

It would be too easy to say WOS, so I won't. I am not sure there are any other teams that are rated high enough to worry about.

Most Under-Rated Team

I am going to have to say Bridge City and Dayton. Both teams have quality talent, but people tend to judge them on their past results. Both teams have improved over the past 2 years and I expect both teams will be involved in some major upsets this year.

Vidor is my third pick. Vidor is a dark horse and might just pull an upset or two.

Alot of people will disagree with this.. But I posted the topic so i will answer it.

Overrated=Central

Answer-last year was a short season and the only real quality team they beat was Ozen.They lost to WOS,WB, and they won one game in the playoffs to Crosby.

They really didn't play anyone in district.There opponents were LCM,Vidor,and Lumberton.

The year before they won one game to lumberton and barely won that...

2.Underrated= Barbers Hill.They are a very good team and they will win some games this year.I seen them play the last couple years and they are well coached and have some athletes over there.They are a rising school and they will be around for awhile upsetting people

Our ship has came in!! Finally' date=' Finally,Finally..

woohooo..look out everyone here we come ..!!

Yall are in trouble now!! :lol:[/quote']

I am assuming here that Piratefan stands for Vidor Pirates. Having watch BH play Vidor the last few years, I have to say Vidor is a good team. I know the BH vs. Vidor scores did not reflect how hard the Pirates played, but they got my respect.

I got them possibly making the playoffs this year. With Dayton coming in, it's just going to be that much harder for Vidor, but I think at the end of the season Nederland, PNG, Ozen, and Central might be in for a Dayton and Vidor suprise.

Since Vidor has played BH, you need to feed those WOS folks some facts......their in another world..... :D

Most Overrated= Dayton some people think that Dayton will jump right into the District 22-4A play-off race. But don't think they will effect the play-off picture to much this year. They are entering into a way tougher district. I mean they have a nice play-off appearence streak going but for some reason I see it ending this year.

Most Underrated= Nederland after lose ing Butler and Mohica and most of secondary some people think they will have a tough time scoring and stopping other teams from scoring

Guest Uncle Rico

Overrated= East Chambers, great teams in the past, but could find it hard this year to win District with Anahuac and Deweyville in the mix.

Underrated= Deweyville, solid group of kids and could win the district.

OR

Central-would have barely made playoffs if they had played a whole schedule lastyear.

UR

Vidor-wont make the playoffs but they play hard and usually play at a level above their talent level. I can remember years where WOS would dominate all their games but would barely beat Vidor. However they usually played vidor early in the season and WOS usually doesnt get their chain gang defense going till atleast halfway.

Underestimated

WOS defense. Chaing Gang should be back along with size which has been missing for a while.

Nederlands Offense. Mosely is a heck of a player. He didnt play when WOS beat Ned. IM a WOS fan so i still say WOS would have won but it definately would have been a different game.

I excluded BH because I havent seen them in person but they look good on paper but that doesnt mean anything on fridays. Too many people are trying to judge WOS and BH from what they read and from what they hear on forums. Alot of which comes from people who obviously dont know as much about high school football as they think

I would say Central is overrated just like someone else said they played a fairly easy district schedule last year and won one game the year before against lumberton in OT!

Underrated Dayton I think they will make some noise this year.

Also I'm not just saying this because I'm a Lumberton fan because I know people from Lumberton have gone to far with the trash talking but I honestly think they will upset a few teams! Am I saying they will make the playoffs as of right now NO! but they may upset a few teams.

One team I'm not trying to hate on is PN-G I know they have great tradition but I just don't see them doing much this year at all. My top teams are 1. Ozen 2.Nederland 3.Dayton 4.Central 5.Lumberton 6.PN-G 7.Vidor 8.LC-M

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    fasedo9317
    Newest Member
    fasedo9317