Top teams in 20-4A!!

Guest gladiator2

Guest gladiator2

I see Livingston as the best team that PNG has played. I know that early in the year they were turning the ball over alot and since they have got that problem fixed they have looked pretty good. They have a lot speed and are very big. So at this point I would say they are the #1 team in this district (no disrepect to Central but have not seen them play). The #2 team is Nederland who should win their next 2 games and finish in 2nd place. The 3rd best is a tie between Vidor and Lumberton (who I think is a mirror image of each, good defense and good running game with no passing game at all, which will eventually hurt both teams). As for as Central goes I do not know anything about them except their record and what I have been told. They should finish in the top 4 even if they lose next week because then they will finish against PNG, which should be a win because PNG does not stop the run. That is how I see it. Vidor may have the toughest remaining schedule and will finish 5th.

My predictions

1. Livingston (6-1) 2. Central (5-2) 2. Nederland (5-2) 2. Lumberton (5-2)  Tiebreakers will be involved

It could end up with a 4-way tie at 5-2 but I don't see it that way. With this being said PNG had a chance to beat 3 of the 4 teams and that will not bold well for our area in the playoffs. I hope I am wrong because I love playoff football and will be going to watch whoever is the last standing. Good luck to all!!

Guest Its_All_About_Tha_U

Hey, I don't know if U know, but what I do know is that your #1 team in district was destroyed by Lumberton. Their offense scored O td's against the Raiders starting D. They scored off of 1 kickoff return and 1 td on Raiders 2nd team D. They had 2 first downs going into 4th quarter and like 40 something yards of total offense against Lumberton's first team defense and negative passing yards. So no, I don't think their #1 in district. Now if Lumberton ends up losing to Nederland and Livingston wins the rest of their games, then I'll crown them #1 team in district, but not yet. Lumberton controls their own destiny as they hold the tie breaker. If U were at the Livingston vs Lumberton game then U would have seen total domination by the Raiders. But hey, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, right

Guest gladiator2

As I stated just based on the teams that PNG has played, and I'm sure Central has a case but other schools would look and say that Vidor beat ya'll. I am just stating my opinion based on what I have seen and everyone will not agree with me. I don't wish anyone any bad luck. I don't know how bad Livingston was against ya'll. To me, they definately have the best team with the most athletes. If I am correct the kid that played qb against us, it was his 1st game at QB and he was the best cover guy that we have faced. No big deal just seeing what everyone else's opinion is, this is not a shot at L-TOWN.

Well, no matter how Livingston looked against us, obviously they regrouped and made adjustments.

Any team can have a bad night and not play well.

That being said, having only seen Livingston when they played us, I am surprised they have done as well as they have. Wasn't expecting that.

But they are certainly getting the job done.

Well, no matter how Livingston looked against us, obviously they regrouped and made adjustments.

Any team can have a bad night and not play well.

That being said, having only seen Livingston when they played us, I am surprised they have done as well as they have. Wasn't expecting that.

But they are certainly getting the job done.

I would much rather lose big in week 1 and start the winning ways late.

Look at Dayton last year...

After getting beat by Lumberton, they stampeded the competition until the semi finals.

1. Livingston

2. Central

3. Lumberton

4. Vidor

In that order....sorry to say it, but I don't think a Mid County team will be in the playoffs this year.  Nederland plays Vidor Friday night.  It's Vidor's homecoming and Halloween....go figure! The Pirates will be fired up as they always are at homecoming, and it seems like Nederland ALWAYS has problems playing Vidor in Vidor.  Would love to see this game!

I see Livingston as the best team that PNG has played. I know that early in the year they were turning the ball over alot and since they have got that problem fixed they have looked pretty good. They have a lot speed and are very big. So at this point I would say they are the #1 team in this district (no disrepect to Central but have not seen them play). The #2 team is Nederland who should win their next 2 games and finish in 2nd place. The 3rd best is a tie between Vidor and Lumberton (who I think is a mirror image of each, good defense and good running game with no passing game at all, which will eventually hurt both teams). As for as Central goes I do not know anything about them except their record and what I have been told. They should finish in the top 4 even if they lose next week because then they will finish against PNG, which should be a win because PNG does not stop the run. That is how I see it. Vidor may have the toughest remaining schedule and will finish 5th.

My predictions

1. Livingston (6-1) 2. Central (5-2) 2. Nederland (5-2) 2. Lumberton (5-2)  Tiebreakers will be involved

It could end up with a 4-way tie at 5-2 but I don't see it that way. With this being said PNG had a chance to beat 3 of the 4 teams and that will not bold well for our area in the playoffs. I hope I am wrong because I love playoff football and will be going to watch whoever is the last standing. Good luck to all!!

I was not impressed at all with Livingston when they played PNG(PNG is a bad team ). Judging what I saw off all teams playing against PNG, Nederland looked best. Thats why I was surprised at Livingston even in a close game much less a victory against Ned. I sure thought Nederland was better than this,wow.

I expected more out of Lumberton also. I thought they were good in every aspect except passing.In my mind the district champion should beat A VERY WEAK PNG TEAM a little easier than Lumberton did.

Looks like the district title is still a wide open shootout.

After the smoke clears, it will be Lumberton and Central.  Jags will not lose another game.  Our defense is in top form as of late.  Held Nederland to 10 points and Last night's game, Held Ozen's offense to 89 yards. 

Here it goes.

1. Lumberton (due to the tiebreaker)

2. Central

3. Livingston

4. Vidor ( Nederland is breathing down your neck!)

1. Livingston

2. Central

3. Lumberton

4. Vidor

In that order....sorry to say it, but I don't think a Mid County team will be in the playoffs this year.  Nederland plays Vidor Friday night.  It's Vidor's homecoming and Halloween....go figure! The Pirates will be fired up as they always are at homecoming, and it seems like Nederland ALWAYS has problems playing Vidor in Vidor.  Would love to see this game!

i agree here on the teams, but not the order

i see lumberton winnin district and central and livingston tied for 2nd (not sure who holds that tiebreaker, have they played yet?)

also

vidor

homecoming

halloween

:-)

Second year in a row of this crap about Lumberton beating their only competition in the district the first game and then that team turning it on later in the season. I realize theres a big difference in Livingston and Dayton but thought that was worth mentioning.

Seems to be a pattern here, maybe Lumberton should take bids on which team it plays first in district so they can get a guarantee to the post season, how about it Vidor, want to lose to us first so you can win out the rest of the season........lol  ;)

After the smoke clears, it will be Lumberton and Central.  Jags will not lose another game.  Our defense is in top form as of late.  Held Nederland to 10 points and Last night's game, Held Ozen's offense to 89 yards. 

Here it goes.

1. Lumberton (due to the tiebreaker)

2. Central

3. Livingston

4. Vidor ( Nederland is breathing down your neck!)

I like this order, but 'm afraid that if the coach can't manage to rest Beard and Hannah this coming week and get the rest of the team to step up and take care of LCM, then Nederland may actually bring us down a notch. Beard is only going to be able to shake off those injuries for so long.

With rest, as Soulja calls it, without rest:

1. Central

2. Livingston

3. Vidor (due to the tiebreaker)

4. Lumberton (due to tie breaker between us and Nederland)

Lumberton

Livingston

Central

Nederland

This is Lumberton's district to win. We can't start second guessing now about how weak Livingston was when Lumberton beat them (although they have come on strong of late) or how Central was a sure thing until they got beat by Lumberton or how Vidor was suddenly the King of the hill after beating Lumberton...

Forgive me for saying it but for a team that many of you don't seem to give a hoot about, Lumberton sure seems to be the deciding factor in just about every argument I hear on this board. Vidor was suspect until they beat Lumberton but when the Lions fell to the Raiders, it just meant the Lions sucked...Central was all that but after they lost to Lumberton, everyone started second guessing the Jags...(am I right?)

Just admit it. I have. I expected Lumberton to have a down year but they haven't. Like 'em or not, they've found a way to win every Friday night but one and they now sit in the driver's seat in 20-4A. You don't sit atop the district with two games to go without a little bit of talent...Wish everyone well. I predict Lumberton spanks LC-M (sorry Bears) and gets by Nederland to win District outright for the first time in school history...After that, it gets scary...Just my two cents.

This is a stupid conversation. Every prediction I have seen is just silly. U cant put Lumberton behind 3 teams they have already beaten. Doesnt make any sense. But its ok, nobody from Lumberton expects to receive respect from anybody, but it may do ya some good. as long as we are disrespected b/c of a losing past, we will continue to roll. 

This is a stupid conversation. Every prediction I have seen is just silly. U cant put Lumberton behind 3 teams they have already beaten. Doesnt make any sense. But its ok, nobody from Lumberton expects to receive respect from anybody, but it may do ya some good. as long as we are disrespected b/c of a losing past, we will continue to roll. 

Dude, what are you talking about?  Did you actually read the thread in it's entireity?  I put Lumberton as #1. 

Might want to get more posts under your belt before you start calling conversations stupid...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124