Austin wont be the same

no-look

Learned today that Phil Ransopher, the state tourney announcer passed away. I loved to hear his voice. He was a legend and an icon for many years at the state tourney. It just wont be the same and he will be greatly missed.

I have been going to the state tourney since 1972, I haven't missed a year since. Working on 38 straight years. The one person that I will always attach my memories of the tourney other than my dad who himself has made 50 straight tourneys, is Phil. He was what we always called him, "the man at the mic". The last few years he hasn't been doing as many games as he had been. His introductions of each team at the beginning of the games were priceless.

You are so right, he will be terribly missed.

Learned today that Phil Ransopher, the state tourney announcer passed away. I loved to hear his voice. He was a legend and an icon for many years at the state tourney. It just wont be the same and he will be greatly missed.

I have been going to the state tourney since 1972, I haven't missed a year since. Working on 38 straight years. The one person that I will always attach my memories of the tourney is Phil. He was what we always called him, "the man at the mic". The last few years he hasn't been doing as many games as he had been. His introductions of each team at the beginning of the games were priceless.

You are so right, he will be terribly missed.

Aggies, were you there when Phil burped over the mike? that was priceless!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder