Lumberton vs. PN-G Predictions?

Not being bias in this one. If the same physical Lumberton team shows up Friday like they did last year, it will be a blow out. PNG has been pushed around the field all year long, and I'm talking badly. Our O-Line has been blown off the ball, and our D-Line hasn't penetrated a backfield yet.  Lumberton 35  PNG 14           I hope I'm wrong, but unless the players dig deep and play for pride this could get ugly quick. PS I hope I'm wrong and PNG wins

Hey Scalp, do you hope you're wrong on this one?  ;D ??? ;D ???

Heck yea I hope I'm wrong, but gut feeling tells me otherwise. I'm a diehard NDN fan, but I don't wear the purple shaded glasses ;)

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not being bias in this one. If the same physical Lumberton team shows up Friday like they did last year, it will be a blow out. PNG has been pushed around the field all year long, and I'm talking badly. Our O-Line has been blown off the ball, and our D-Line hasn't penetrated a backfield yet.  Lumberton 35  PNG 14           I hope I'm wrong, but unless the players dig deep and play for pride this could get ugly quick. PS I hope I'm wrong and PNG wins

Heck yea I hope I'm wrong, but gut feeling tells me otherwise. I'm a diehard NDN fan, but I don't wear the purple shaded glasses ;)

When Scalm em' starts predicting blow-outs... I get a little nervous.  If I recall right, He also predicted PNG to beat Nederland 35-14 and we all know how that one turned out! ;)  I for one do not have a good feeling about this one.  PNG has nothing to lose and can be a very dangerous team to play at any given time.  Lumberton has never beat PNG and maybe thats why I am not as quick to say that L-Train will roll this one.  As crazy as the district has been this year, anything can happen.  I hope Lumberton is not bringing a knife to a gun fight, because PNG is going to be ready for war Friday night. 

When Scalm em' starts predicting blow-outs... I get a little nervous.  If I recall right, He also predicted PNG to beat Nederland 35-14 and we all know how that one turned out! ;)  I for one do not have a good feeling about this one.  PNG has nothing to lose and can be a very dangerous team to play at any given time.  Lumberton has never beat PNG and maybe thats why I am not as quick to say that L-Train will roll this one.  As crazy as the district has been this year, anything can happen.  I hope Lumberton is not bringing a knife to a gun fight, because PNG is going to be ready for war Friday night. 

good post Big Blue, that is how it should be approached. PNG will be ready, I just hope we are.

good post Big Blue, that is how it should be approached. PNG will be ready, I just hope we are.

No one should ever take any team in this district for granted, on either side of the field.  That said, I'm hoping the Raiders will spank the Indians :D

The only chance PN-G will have is to step up defensively, stop the run, and force Lumberton to throw. But since defense has been a question for them all year, I don't see it happening...

Ya know That is funny ..because the defense has not give up as many points as our offense ,,,,the offense has had 12 turnovers in 2 games 5 for touchdowns ......let our defense get some rest and they will be able to be a little tougher through the whole game.........

The only chance PN-G will have is to step up defensively, stop the run, and force Lumberton to throw. But since defense has been a question for them all year, I don't see it happening...

Ya know That is funny ..because the defense has not give up as many points as our offense ,,,,the offense has had 12 turnovers in 2 games 5 for touchdowns ......let our defense get some rest and they will be able to be a little tougher through the whole game.........

The defense was considered questionable from the beginning of the season. That is why I said that.

Oh, by the way, just tell your punt returner that if it rolls inside the 10 yard line DON'T PICK IT UP!!!!  :o

I know that you guys must have been cringing on that play.

The defense was considered questionable from the beginning of the season. That is why I said that.

Oh, by the way, just tell your punt returner that if it rolls inside the 10 yard line DON'T PICK IT UP!!!!  :o

I always enjoy PNG/Lumberton games. I remember a couple of years ago when a Nederland fan was posting how obnoxious the Raider fans were.  I don't find that at all....the Indian fans and the Raider fans are basically standing up all night yelling when these two teams play each other.  I'm not going to make a prediction, (of course I hope PNG wins), but who knows....its going to be a GREAT game!  BTW, the "NEW" Reservation is a sight to behold.....it's simply amazing...however, get there early, because the parking is horrendous with all the construction that is going on.  Best of luck to BOTH teams, praying for no injuries!

yes I agree that is a rule they teach in pop warner ..that is about the 3rd time that has happened by 3 different players.....mistakes will take you out of a game every time...........

Guest gladiator2

I see a Friday night blowout and I do not see them winning a game until next year. I don't know how hard is his to make easy play calls on offense. Whenever you supposedly run a power offense and you don't even throw the ball using play-action to bring the LBS/DBS up you are in trouble. Last week we threw the ball out of the shotgun. So how hard is that for a defense? They don't use the TE'S at all. I am confused right along with the coaching staff. Last week on offense and defense you could actually hear the coaches talking and changing the plays over and over, so no wonder the kid's come off of the field confused. What about on defense using a gap technique and using the LB'S to help fill some holes. Honestly this is the biggest joke and it goes all the way down the system. Hey but all of the coaches friends and family are happy because little Johnny is playing. The NDN'S are loaded with talent and this is what you get with poor leadership. The most undisciplined group I have ever seen in my years of watching PNG football. If anyone would have told me that we would not be 1 of the 4 teams going to the playoffs, I would have bet my house on that one and I would definately be living out of a tent. I will still be there rooting for them, at least until the coaches and team do not seem interested anymore.

Lumberton wins by alot  going to be a long nite for PNG

Shouldn't you be preparing for hibernation Grizzly?  This will not be a blow out, and if it was, PN-G would be handing out the TNT.  Lumberton better hope they are prepared enough.  All the game film they have viewed from PN-G previous games will be useless.  I believe we will FINALLY see the team we thought we had at the beginning of the season and make the playoffs. ;D

Shouldn't you be preparing for hibernation Grizzly?  This will not be a blow out, and if it was, PN-G would be handing out the TNT.  Lumberton better hope they are prepared enough.  All the game film they have viewed from PN-G previous games will be useless.  I believe we will FINALLY see the team we thought we had at the beginning of the season and make the playoffs. ;D

put down the pipe

that would shake things up for sure.

put down the pipe

We will see. 

put down the pipe

I am glad to see the cockiness from the raiders. After all these years of getting there ***** handed to them year after year. And finally having 1 winning season, I applaud them. I can see why they talk alot of smack. THEY HAVE 1 WINNING SEASON.

I am glad to see the cockiness from the raiders. After all these years of getting there ***** handed to them year after year. And finally having 1 winning season, I applaud them. I can see why they talk alot of smack. THEY HAVE 1 WINNING SEASON.

Everybody has to start somewhere!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami