LC-M FOOTBALL PROGRAM

skipper

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey snipper and big snitch. Before ya'll get your panties in a wad, let me clarify myself. I by no means am trying to degrade the kids on LCMs football team. They are  being asked to make chicken salad out of you know what. It is a shame that the biggest and best lessons they will learn from their highschool football experiences will not be from a good coach or adult leadership, but rather from how to face adversity and malcontent. Now as far as for all those playoffs and district championships they have pushed for, i must have missed those years. I am not talking about the kids, i am merely stating a fact that LCM football has been a losing program for most of the last 30 plus yrs.

True, no name yet though. But i would like to see Mike Long or Mike Stewart. They better NOT hire away from the area again!

You can still be the "right" guy and not be from this area.  IMO being from the area is a plus...not a necessity. We need a strong football coach, but he's still the AD and needs to be supportive of all sports. (Male & Female)

On a side note of what is "supposed to happen" or "what you'd like to see" in a program.  I went to the Little Cypress Jr High VS Vidor Jr High game in Vidor last night.  The one constant through out the night was the presents of the Vidor High school head coach Jeff Mathews.  Coach Mathews roamed the Jr high sideline slapping kids on the helmet and congratulating them like it was the Super Bowl.  He didn't take over the coaching, but listened to what the JR high coaches were calling with nods of approval.  It's no wonder that Vidor's program has improved. 

Reading all the finger pointing makes me sad for the group of seniors who are having to hear all of this.  Yes, LCM needs a new leader, not just head football coach.  I know many of the coaches who have left since Moody came into town, and it seems that other things like appearance are more important than building a winning program.  I don't know if that is what the school board had in mind when they hired him, but if it isn't that's all they got.  I will agree with those who say that Coach Williams was a great athletic director.  He had a few years of real football success and always kept LCM football competitive.  However, the most important thing he had was respect.  Respect from his athletes, both male and female,people in the community and most importantly the coaches who worked for him.  I hope that for the sake of the future "bears", something will be done.  This is not just a change that the football program needs, but the whole athletic program, because from what I hear all sports are suffering.  Good luck bears in the rest of your season.

This is not just a change that the football program needs, but the whole athletic program, because from what I hear all sports are suffering.

really???  I guess we better call the LCM volleyball team who is sitting alone at the top of the district in 1st place and let them know.

oh yeah, when we are done we better call Griff and warn him too.

This is not just a change that the football program needs, but the whole athletic program, because from what I hear all sports are suffering.

really???  I guess we better call the LCM volleyball team who is sitting alone at the top of the district in 1st place and let them know.

jesusfreak,

No need to warn Griff...he already knows.  Remember...it's all his fault anyway.  ::) ;D

From the outside looking in it only seems to be football. It starts with varsity football but I think the whole program needs a work over. Again, I'm an outsider looking in.

Its unfortunate jesusfreak that you don't know the whole story, but some coaches who have been coaching in the LCM athletic program, just don't get messed with.  However, you still don't see Moody wearing and LCM girls volleyball t-shirt and sitting in the stands or and Battlin' Bear Baseball shirt and sitting in the dug-out.  Just because some of the sports are successful doesn't mean a change doesn't need to happen, but everyone has the right to their own opinion.

Its unfortunate jesusfreak that you don't know the whole story, but some coaches who have been coaching in the LCM athletic program, just don't get messed with.  However, you still don't see Moody wearing and LCM girls volleyball t-shirt and sitting in the stands or and Battlin' Bear Baseball shirt and sitting in the dug-out.  Just because some of the sports are successful doesn't mean a change doesn't need to happen, but everyone has the right to their own opinion.

Never said change doesn't need to happen...  just making light of the fact that someone would say the entire athletic department is in trouble. 

As for me not knowing the "whole story"... i'm sure I don't, but I bet I know far more than you give me credit for knowing.

Howard Griffith and Greg Gravitt are players.  Gonzales is a fine athlete.  Blake Perry can play.

Other athletes not playing football who would be starter caliber are the Arteaga twins, Seth and Colt, Vance Foster, and T.C Scalfano.  All excellent soccer players.

Greg is no player, he quit because he was no longer starting....talked to him bout that in lunch.....howard is ok, too small for his head. hunter has an arm and an attitude, he changes plays; awesome.      soccer players are WEAK ya we lose our games but we work in the off season and maybe you cant tell but we give it our all.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83