*Nederland vs. LC-M Updates/DOGS WIN!!!

Bulldogs ambush Bears, 49-0

Dan Perrine

The Orange Leader

LITTLE CYPRESS — First place played last place, and the result was predictable. The Nederland Bulldogs remained undefeated in district with a 49-0 drubbing of the winless Little Cypress-Mauriceville Bears Friday night at Bear Stadium.

Last week Mid-Jefferson county football programs participated in charity and giving to those hurt by Hurricane Ike in Orange County. Friday night was pay back in Orange County.

Nederland (3-1, 3-0) ran up a 49-0 halftime score. Seven possessions resulted in seven touchdowns, 16 first downs, 205 yards rushing, and 190 yards passing by the Bulldogs. The only statistic Little Cypress-Mauriceville (0-4, 0-3) led in the first half was plays run, 32 to 26.

The Bulldogs’ Wareall Grogan set the tone for the first half scoring on Nederland’s second play from scrimmage. Grogan broke a tackle and then sprinted 65 yards for the first of his four first half scores. Taylor Trahan added the first of his seven point-after touchdowns to make the score 7-0 with less than two minutes played.

Next possession Nederland took only one play to find the end zone. Kirby Bellow faked to Grogan and threw deep to Asa Cardenas who raced a Bear defender to the goal line. Cardenas dove and hit the pylon for a 41-yard touchdown.

Bellow would team up with Ryan Brady for the next two Bulldog touchdowns. The first scoring pass was 26 yards and the second covered 53 yards with 4 seconds to play in the first quarter.

On the night Bellow pitched a perfect game of sorts. He was 8 of 8 passing for 190 yards and 3 touchdowns.

Between the two Brady scores, Little Cypress-Mauriceville mounted its only drive of the game. Blake Perry busted an off-tackle run on third-and-one for 44 yards to the Nederland 14. It was the first of two first downs for the Bears in the first half. Perry gained 67 yards rushing, all in the first half.

A chop block penalty on the next play pushed the Bears back to the 29. Two plays later Cardenas picked-off Hunter Gonzales’ pass and returned it 49 yards to the LCM 47.

The second quarter was more of the same and more of Grogan. All the scoring came on Grogan runs of 7 yards, 39 yards, and 8 yards. He finished the half with 184 yards rushing on 16 carries.

Grogan’s 39-yard touchdown was a bit of trickery as he took a direct snap while lined up in the spread formation next to Bellow. His final carry of the half, and as it turned out for the night, was on fourth-and-one from the LCM 8 and Grogan dragged two Bear tacklers with him into the end zone for the touchdown.

Nederland’s Coach Larry Neumann called off the dogs in the second half playing strictly the second team offense the entire half. Joseph Banner did gain 69 yards on 13 rushes. The half played fast as the clock was allowed to run continously the last two quarters.

Next week Nederland takes its undefeated district record to Beaumont against the Central Jaguars. Little Cypress-Mauriceville travels to Livingston to play the Lions.

Nederland 49

LC-M 0

Ned 28 21 0 0 — 49

LC-M 0 0 0 0 — 0

Scoring summary

N-Wareall Grogan 65 run. Taylor Trahan kick.

N-Asa Cardenas 41 pass from Kirby Bellow. Trahan kick.

N-Ryan Brady 26 pass from Bellow. Trahan kick.

N-Brady 53 pass from Bellow. Trahan kick.

N-Grogan 7 run. Trahan kick.

N-Grogan 39 run. Trahan kick.

N-Grogan 8 run. Trahan kick.

———

LC-M Ned

First downs 3 20

Rushes-yards 28-124 38-288

Passing 9 190

Comp-Att-Int 1-10-2 9-9-0

Fumbles-Lost 2-2 0-0

Penalties-Yards 3-30 7-60

———

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

RUSHING—LC-M, Blake Perry 9-67, Hunter Gonzales 8-27, Howard Griffith 4-16, Tevvin Jones 6-14, Chad Humphrey 1-0; Nederland, Wareall Grogan 16-184, Joseph Banner 13-69, Brent Salenga 1-17, Adam Atterberry 6-12, Kirby Bellow 1-4, Charles Jackson 1-2.

PASSING— LC-M, Hunter Gonzales 1-10-2-9. Nederland, Kirby Bellow 8-8-0 190, Adam Atterberry 1-1-0 0.

RECEIVING—LC-M, Samuel Burton 1-9; Nederland, Brent Salenga 3-38, Ryan Brady 2-79, Asa Cardenas 2-60, Jude Vidrine 1-13, Charles Jackson 1-0.

print this story  email this story  comment on this story 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This game was over early in the first quarter. Sorry LCM, just the facts.

As for the lopsided score, these kids work their butts off all week long and they have to go out there and execute. We were subbing in the second quarter, and if the subs can score, then it's just not the opponent's night. You can't teach these kids how to block and tackle all week and expect to pull the reins after 28 or 35 points, especially on kids who are finally getting their chance to take the field. Some teams can come back from that.

I think Bellows threw a TD pass to each receiver, did he not? Plus Grogan had a couple.

Just a couple of things.  Thank you Bulldog's for not running the score up worst than what it was.  I honestly can't see how people can say that  the purpose of the game is to run the score up make the other team feel worst than they do.  To me intentionally running the score up is poor sportsmanship.  NO I'm not say the bulldog's did that by any means.  The purpose of the game is to win.  When it is 28-0 at the end of the first quarter I think you can say that the opposing team is going to have a hard time climbing out of that hole that they are end.  If memory serves me there is not a team in the district that had a season or two where there teams struggled.  LCM is going through a very rough time and hopefully things will change in the near future for our school.  Once again I will say I am proud to support the Bears regardless of the score.  I will be there in the good times as well as the bad.  Thank you Bulldog's for a well played game.  Good luck with your remainder games should be a interesting finish to a great district.

im a huge Bridge City fan but i like to keep "updated" on the other schools as well, and when people say a team should NOT keep scoring as much and as fast as they can throughout the game it really ticks me off....

i dont care if the score is 28-0 at half or not, matter of fact, Bridge City vs Kountze comes to mind this season when you said that...

BC was down 28-7 at half, they went into the locker rooms to adjust, and then in the 2nd half they came out fired up more than ever, and they ended up SHUTTING Kountze out in the 2nd half, bringing a final of 28-26...

so DONT say a team shouldn't score as much as they can, because until a WHOLE 48 minutes have passed, its either teams ball game.

i dont care if it's 100-0 at half, you still try to score and make your team better....

theirs ALWAYS room for improvement, so dont stop, even if you do put your 2nd or 3rd string in...

i dont care if it's 100-0 at half, you still try to score and make your team better....

theirs ALWAYS room for improvement, so dont stop, even if you do put your 2nd or 3rd string in...

That is exactly what Nederland did. They made their team better by letting other players get experience in a varsity game. There is no point putting up points once you know you are going to win and up by 7 touchdowns.

Let's see now it was 7 possessions and 7 scores the only way it would have changed is if Grogan and the receivers just got so tired that they quite running. This is not a put down on LCM, they were out manned totally. They had already thrown their best at the offense and had not even gotten close to a 3 and out.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kakiri550
    Newest Member
    kakiri550

• No chance in hell that this pos is found guilty. 
    • After his silly conviction, President Trump has raised over 200 Million dollars!  The people are seeing through it!  Excellent!  
    • Let’s see if joe biden’s words about no one is above the law, made after the rigged trial of President Trump, rings true with his po💩son.  Hopefully, but I’m not going to hold my breath, they put the sorry sob in prison.
    • I liked his no bull crap attitude. He was a man of very few words. Extremely strong and freaky athletic!!! As close as possible to being the best offensive lineman to ever play the game. I hope his family finds peace without him!!! RIP #73
    • Chester, a small town in NE Tyler County.  A town that is seeing growth with the addition of a national chain store and a new school being built.  If you travel 287 toward Dallas from the Golden Triangle you have probably passed through Chester.  Things tend to stay pretty consistent and it is your typical small town.   A trip to state is the buzz around town, and the talk before church services begin on Sunday.  This year’s graduating class will number 11.  We don’t have a radio station that covers the Yellowjackets.  We are never a lead story on any of the news stations that broadcast to our community. With all that said, there is a closeness and sense of pride in our community.  Every community rallies behind their kids as they progress into the playoffs.  We are proud of our boys as they have represented our community well and with class. We invite you to follow our boys as they go to state.  We welcome the greater SETX communities as honorary Yellowjackets.  Tune in, watch live or come to Round Rock personally and join us in supporting the Chester Yellowjackets.  Go ‘Jackets!!! ⚾️💜💛⚾️🟣🟡⚾️💜💛⚾️
  • Topics