West Brook vs Channelview/WB WINS!!!

OK. Lemme start out by stating the obvious. Our defensive secondary SUCKS! STILL!! I thought this problem had been fixed. Judging by our two previous wins, it looked like it had. Our defense stops the run pretty well. The Falcons would take posession and run the ball on the first two downs and get nothing. On third down, they would throw like a 40-50 yard bomb for a completion. This kept them in the game for most of the first half in a game where Channelview shouldn't have scored at all. Period. Granted, we hadn't played in 5 weeks, but gosh we looked bad in the first half.

In the second half, we looked like the Bruins from a couple of weeks ago. The coaches made a few halftime adjustments and we were able to keep them out of the endzone. The offense looked good in spurts. C-Mike made some great runs for a couple of TD's. We more than likely lost Jordan Garrett #4, for two to three weeks due to a high ankle sprain. C-Lou played OK, IMO. Ryan Grant, on the other hand , made some spectacular receptions and scored a few times as well. Overall, we didn't play as well as the score indicated. Yes, we scored 61 points, but against a fairly weak team. It was all WB in the second.

If we dont start coming out strong from the beginning of the game, there is no way we're gonna be able to play with NS. They will kill us. Anyway, I give tonight's performance a B-. Maybe next week's game will improve a little bit.

OK. Lemme start out by stating the obvious. Our defensive secondary SUCKS! STILL!! I thought this problem had been fixed. Judging by our two previous wins, it looked like it had. Our defense stops the run pretty well. The Falcons would take posession and run the ball on the first two downs and get nothing. On third down, they would throw like a 40-50 yard bomb for a completion. This kept them in the game for most of the first half in a game where Channelview shouldn't have scored at all. Period. Granted, we hadn't played in 5 weeks, but gosh we looked bad in the first half.

In the second half, we looked like the Bruins from a couple of weeks ago. The coaches made a few halftime adjustments and we were able to keep them out of the endzone. The offense looked good in spurts. C-Mike made some great runs for a couple of TD's. We more than likely lost Jordan Garrett #4, for two to three weeks due to a high ankle sprain. C-Lou played OK, IMO. Ryan Grant, on the other hand , made some spectacular receptions and scored a few times as well. Overall, we didn't play as well as the score indicated. Yes, we scored 61 points, but against a fairly weak team. It was all WB in the second.

If we dont start coming out strong from the beginning of the game, there is no way we're gonna be able to play with NS. They will kill us. Anyway, I give tonight's performance a B-. Maybe next week's game will improve a little bit.

first off how can you not mention donte lopez...spectacular job tonight and took over at safety for garret when he got hurt

second off our secondary...i dont blame the players for this i blame the coaching...they werent expecting pass and so when it occured everyone was wide eyed and once they went in and switched to more zone the passing game for channelview stopped...

and give the kids a break its been 34 days since they played a game of course they will come out flat if thats happening two weeks from now then we will need to worry...but we are a second half team and thats what usually helps you in the playoffs

we will be fine...thats why we were lucky to be playing channelview its getting us tuned up

first off how can you not mention donte lopez...spectacular job tonight and took over at safety for garret when he got hurt

second off our secondary...i dont blame the players for this i blame the coaching...they werent expecting pass and so when it occured everyone was wide eyed and once they went in and switched to more zone the passing game for channelview stopped...

and give the kids a break its been 34 days since they played a game of course they will come out flat if thats happening two weeks from now then we will need to worry...but we are a second half team and thats what usually helps you in the playoffs

we will be fine...thats why we were lucky to be playing channelview its getting us tuned up

Ok you're right. I'll give credit where credit's due. Lopez did play a good game and made a great contribution in the second hald on defense. However, being a second half team against a team like NS is gonna be too little, too late. We need to come out firing on all cylinders, cause if we dont NS's defense will eat us alive. Again, I gave them credit for making the necessary adjustments at the half to keep CV out of the endzone. All I'm saying is that we need to come out of the gate swinging and not let the opposition even in the game. The game against NS will not be an easy one for us to win. But at this point, we've got three more tune-up games before that game is here. So, we need to get Jordan back and healthy....and keep everyone else healthy, and I believe we can give the Mustangs a good game.

when you got c-mike you will always have a chance to win not just hang...

Name               Att.       Yds.         Yds./Att.     TDs

Christine Michael     13         237           18.23          3

is this one heck of a back or what?

Couple of unbelievable runs by CMike!  How many times did he come out of piles for 5 or 10 more yards, not to mention the long TD run where he broke a couple and then outran everyone.  CV is weak, but they had no chance stopping the offense.  54 points after the third when the starters came out.

On the other hand, 82 is right.  Our DB's need to learn to look for the ball in the air.  Either they take bad angles or they just maul the receivers before the ball arrives.  Losing Garrett might have been part of it, but if we want a long playoff run, we better think about getting Grant and Dante in there more.  At least they know how to track and go after a ball.

Thank you, westend1. THat's exactly what I was trying to say. I think Bruin4Life misinterpreted my comments as being a knock on our boys. All I was trying to say is that we need to work on passing defense and slow down the oppositions passing lanes. Heck, Sterling is having a pretty good year up to this point.....and they dont run the ball much, THEY PASS IT......ALOT! We're definitely gonna have to get better in the secondary, or we might be suspect to have a repeat performance of the Clements game. :-[

I know it's a little early to start talking playoffs, but there is a chance we might be going Div II, instead of Div I. Initially, I thought we might go in the larger one, but Sterling is winning. And they're the second largest school in the district, WB is the third largest. They beat Lee last night 21-20. So, if they win another two district games, they'll be going Div I and we'll be going Div II. Just something to think about. If that happens, we might get our chance at Katy afterall.

Thank you, westend1. THat's exactly what I was trying to say. I think Bruin4Life misinterpreted my comments as being a knock on our boys. All I was trying to say is that we need to work on passing defense and slow down the oppositions passing lanes. Heck, Sterling is having a pretty good year up to this point.....and they dont run the ball much, THEY PASS IT......ALOT! We're definitely gonna have to get better in the secondary, or we might be suspect to have a repeat performance of the Clements game. :-[

nah i wasnt misinterpretting like that...im just saying once our db's switched to a zone coverage they did alot better and were able to react to the ball instead of the player...idk why we dont let our safetys play more zone any ways they have trouble man coverage

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont