PN-G VS LC-M Tue. Sept 30th.. who wins/AT LC-M!

indian28

Man, I HATE playing at LCM for 2 reasons... 1) they make the visitors walk all the way around the whole  stadium and go in through the home side to get to the visitors side (wonder why they don't open those other gates)  and 2) that awesomely obnoxious, biased announcer.  At least this year, there won't be too many "BEARS 1ST DOWNS!!!"

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoever said that the home stadium anouncer couldn't be biased and enthusiastic about his team???

Go to an LU basketball game and listen to them say "3 POINT BASKET BY DEEEEEEEEEEE-HOP" when LU makes a basket then just "ryan bright" in a soft voice when the visiting team scores. That's called home field advantage. Just because they don't do it like our guy Tip does it, doesn't mean it's wrong. Let's not be the stuck up brats that everyone thinks we are.

I hate playing at LC-M because the home stands are tiny and we usually drop a stinker at their place. But not this year.

PNG 38

LCM 7

Whoever said that the home stadium anouncer couldn't be biased and enthusiastic about his team???

Go to an LU basketball game and listen to them say "3 POINT BASKET BY DEEEEEEEEEEE-HOP" when LU makes a basket then just "ryan bright" in a soft voice when the visiting team scores. That's called home field advantage. Just because they don't do it like our guy Tip does it, doesn't mean it's wrong. Let's not be the stuck up brats that everyone thinks we are.

I hate playing at LC-M because the home stands are tiny and we usually drop a stinker at their place. But not this year.

PNG 38

LCM 7

UIL says the announcer is supposed to be non-biased

This is the hidden content, please

TO: School Administrators

SUBJECT: Techniques and Materials for High School Sports Announcers

School administrators should fully utilize school public address systems and exercise care in the selection of school

announcers. Good announcers provide a friendly and cordial relationship between competing schools and the general public

and assist with crowd control. An announcer should be mature, have good judgment, and be emotionally stable. Many

situations arise that require quick judgment and a cool head. A good voice is important; nothing is more annoying than a lot

of jumbled words spoken too quickly to be understood. Too much verbalizing also hinders crowd enjoyment of the contest.

Guidelines For School Sports Announcers

The primary function of a school public address system is to convey pertinent information about the game. Announcers are

not part of the cheering section. They should never incite the emotions of the spectators. Information should be given with

the same tone concerning both the home team and the visiting team whether they have made a touchdown or scored the

winning basket. The announcer should remember at all times that the sole justification for his function is conveying simple,

straightforward, unemotional information. When there is nothing significant to announce, silence is golden.

All announcements should be authorized by a designated school administrator. There should be no political announcements

or advertising of liquor or tobacco. It is advisable to use a cutoff microphone so that nothing will go into the PA system other

than what is intended. Many embarrassing situations can be avoided with cutoff mikes.

Pertinent Information For All Sports

Prior to announcing the starting lineup, announcers may wish to use some of the enclosed pre-game announcements to

encourage good sportsmanship and proper treatment of game officials. (Spot Announcements and Public Service

Announcements may be used prior, during and following games.)

Announce the records of the two competing teams in previous contests and their records of wins and losses during the current

season. Announce the starting players and their numbers for both teams, as well as substitutes, their names and numbers, and

the names and numbers of the players they replace. Announce the officials and their positions (when pertinent).

This is the hidden content, please

TO: School Administrators

SUBJECT: Techniques and Materials for High School Sports Announcers

School administrators should fully utilize school public address systems and exercise care in the selection of school

announcers. Good announcers provide a friendly and cordial relationship between competing schools and the general public

and assist with crowd control. An announcer should be mature, have good judgment, and be emotionally stable. Many

situations arise that require quick judgment and a cool head. A good voice is important; nothing is more annoying than a lot

of jumbled words spoken too quickly to be understood. Too much verbalizing also hinders crowd enjoyment of the contest.

Guidelines For School Sports Announcers

The primary function of a school public address system is to convey pertinent information about the game. Announcers are

not part of the cheering section. They should never incite the emotions of the spectators. Information should be given with

the same tone concerning both the home team and the visiting team whether they have made a touchdown or scored the

winning basket. The announcer should remember at all times that the sole justification for his function is conveying simple,

straightforward, unemotional information. When there is nothing significant to announce, silence is golden.

All announcements should be authorized by a designated school administrator. There should be no political announcements

or advertising of liquor or tobacco. It is advisable to use a cutoff microphone so that nothing will go into the PA system other

than what is intended. Many embarrassing situations can be avoided with cutoff mikes.

Pertinent Information For All Sports

Prior to announcing the starting lineup, announcers may wish to use some of the enclosed pre-game announcements to

encourage good sportsmanship and proper treatment of game officials. (Spot Announcements and Public Service

Announcements may be used prior, during and following games.)

Announce the records of the two competing teams in previous contests and their records of wins and losses during the current

season. Announce the starting players and their numbers for both teams, as well as substitutes, their names and numbers, and

the names and numbers of the players they replace. Announce the officials and their positions (when pertinent).

I believe it's cool to show a little biasism as a home announcer.  For example.  You can raise your tone a little when the home team scores a TD vs just saying it regular when the away team scores. Other than that, I agree with everything above.

I remember several years back, when a team came to our stadium (it was a district team that I forgot), their announcer called the game.  They refered to our players as 'that Central ballcarrier' and 'that Central defender'.  When the other team did anything, they said the players number, name, position, and here his mom and dad works.  (I might be exaggerating at the end there... ;D ;D ).  This made a lot of our fans including myself irritated.

Guest JoesBros

having watched both teams closely this year.... i say lcm might pull off an upset... PNG has an overrated qb but a very decent runningback #7 harmon i believe... should be closer than everyone thinks!

How is Tatum overrated?

Get over it PNG Proud

Remember 2 years ago when the Indians got hammered by the bears.   You just never know.

I hope there will be a lot of bear 1st downs.

Godd luck to both teams and I hope everyone is recovering from Hurricane IKE.

PNG got hammered a lot that year.....wouldnt brag about that.  All in All though.....PNG has done most of the hammering.

having watched both teams closely this year.... i say lcm might pull off an upset... PNG has an overrated qb but a very decent runningback #7 harmon i believe... should be closer than everyone thinks!

As much as I hate to side with a mid county team. This could be a scalping. Indians take this one big!

How is Tatum overrated?

he isnt as good as everyone makes him out to be.... but he is decent... he isnt better than any other quarterback coming out of png in recent years

Guest JoesBros

How is Tatum overrated?

he isnt as good as everyone makes him out to be.... but he is decent... he isnt better than any other quarterback coming out of png in recent years

I will garuntee you that he is the best QB to come out of there since DL back in 99'. Go back and watch the video of the Crosby game from a couple of weeks ago and you will change your opinion.

How is Tatum overrated?

I will garuntee you that he is the best QB to come out of there since DL back in 99'. Go back and watch the video of the Crosby game from a couple of weeks ago and you will change your opinion.

NOT a chance... not only have i played against him. but i keep track of PNG and he is a good qb but not that good

actually we have 2 RBs that are good(we breed RBs over here) and Tatum is good got a cannon for a arm but no WR to throw too, and well smoke Lcm this year in their house

How is Tatum overrated?

Before this year, I wouldnt argue with you.  But, he has made strides this year.  Precision and decision have improved dramatically.  He is at 50% completion rate, but has had at least 7 or 8 passes dropped right in the chest or helmet, which would put him around 70%.  I understand your comment though if you have not seen him play this year.........looks like a totally different qb.

1. The UIL says no prayer at football games also, but we all think that is ridiculous. I think what LCM's anouncer does is fine. he doesn't single out any opposing players or jab at the opposition. the only think he really says is "That's good for another Bear" then the crowd "FIRST DOWN". Folks this shouldn't be much of an issue. I mean don't we play Cherokee when we get a first down. He wasn't a problem for PNG fans until a couple of years ago when Marvelous and President ripped us a new one.

2. I have to agree I was sort of down on Tatum before this year, but he has looked really good in the pocket as a Senior (when given the chance). If not for a miriad of drops the numbers would be way up. He has learned to put touch on the long ball. The OC just needs to mix it up earlier in games so Tatum can be more effective. They also need way more play action. ran it once against Crosby???? Watch the Cowboys who have a punishing running attack, they run play action 90% of the time. Just about every time Romo drops back to pass he is faking a hand off. Coach Long used it 50+% of the time as well with great success, especially the play action boot leg.

1. The UIL says no prayer at football games also, but we all think that is ridiculous. I think what LCM's anouncer does is fine. he doesn't single out any opposing players or jab at the opposition. the only think he really says is "That's good for another Bear" then the crowd "FIRST DOWN". Folks this shouldn't be much of an issue. I mean don't we play Cherokee when we get a first down. He wasn't a problem for PNG fans until a couple of years ago when Marvelous and President ripped us a new one.

2. I have to agree I was sort of down on Tatum before this year, but he has looked really good in the pocket as a Senior (when given the chance). If not for a miriad of drops the numbers would be way up. He has learned to put touch on the long ball. The OC just needs to mix it up earlier in games so Tatum can be more effective. They also need way more play action. ran it once against Crosby???? Watch the Cowboys who have a punishing running attack, they run play action 90% of the time. Just about every time Romo drops back to pass he is faking a hand off. Coach Long used it 50+% of the time as well with great success, especially the play action boot leg.

I do not know what UIL says about praying but the SCOTUS says you can't do it---a law however has been passed to allow a student to say whatever they wish to before the game--so we will see more prayer before football this season

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83