Hurricane Ike

RangerDad

Thanks RD.  I think most of the Crush family and residents of

Beamount, are passing through my home town. [Woodville,

north of Beaumont.

I am sticking this one out even though the last time I did, I

was in deep trouble.  Too old to run anymore.

Best to everyone in the path of Ike, and give us a shout when

you return.

We are boarded up, hunkering down and staying.  On the North end of Trinity Bay, just south of I-10.  Foundation is at 22 ft, so think we're ok with surge.  Gonna be a wild night tomorrow though.

Good luck and God bless to everyone in SETX softball family and see you on the other side of this thing.  I'll try to post occasionally till we lose internet or power.

A mandantory evucation of Jasper, Newton, and Tyler counties was just released.  As most know

we are located 50-60 miles north of Beaumont.

I am also staying, and hope I don't regret it.  Just can't see that long drive to San Antonio where

my daughter lives.

I got ice, generator, coffee, beer, chips, even some water. ;D

Good Luck to all and have a safe trip.

[move]Our prayers all with all of you.[/move]

Update...at noon, the water level at the Plantation Subdivision boat ramp on Trinity Bay was up about 3.5 ft and rising about 6 inch an hour now.  Wind at about 25 mph.  Glad I'm not on Galveston.  La Porte, San Lean, Kemah/Seabrook, Bacliff, Tx City, Anahuac and lots of others will be under water before this is over.  We're at 22 ft...but have the boat anchored if needed!

Good luck to everyone. 

Hope everyone is doing well.

We (3ABirdMan's bunch plus inlaws, WJBoogers bunch, plus 2 more families from BC, and one from Port Neches) holed up last night in Hot Springs, Ark.  But the local news guy scared us out of town - "When the warm, moist air from IKE reaches the surrounding hills and elevations, and rises, it will create severe thunderstorms resulting in as much as 12" of rain with severe local flooding, and will most likely spawn tornados.

That was enough for US - Could'a stayed home if that's what we were looking for!  Now in Delhi LA, east of Monroe.  We will hole up here for a little while.

Everyone take care, be safe, and call us when you know when we're playing again.  ;D

Reports are 4-6' water in Bridge City.  Have a pictue of the Pizza Hut - water is up to the bottom of the windows, but can't post it.  I'll work on that.

Lot's of good info from www.kfdm.com and www.kbmt12.com via streaming internet feed.

Supposed to be 5' of water in the plants on Chemical Row.  Heard you can only go south on 16th street in Orange down to Park - too much water from there on.......

Actually Water was over the road from Taco Bell South just about all the way, but got real deep at Park. MacArthur Drive was also underwater for a good bit. Bridge City has been hit real hard with storm surge. Of course downtown Orange was flooded and even some in West Orange. Basically if you were close to any waterway you were probably in trouble. The levee in PA held back the storm surge, so they were lucky there. Good Luck

All of us bridge city residents are screwed.  Go to www.kogt.com, photo gallery, events, hurricane ike.  All of BC is under water.  And every photo from the bridge by the high school is less than a mile from my house.  We have nothing.  Can't get it, tried today but couldnt get to the rainbow bridge.  water backed up all the way to veterans memorial park, farmers market, completely submerged up to the roof.  The photos on teh gallery, are from the bridge over cow bayou, most of them.  Some are from town. 

We will all have problems for quite some time.  Just wanted to update you all...i'm at my inlaws in nederland, i rode it out at my folks house down the street, by market basket on 27th in nederland.  We made out fine here, just some wind damage, no water anywhere.  Limbs down, no power, etc....Orange county residents, like me, are effed.  Period. 

I, w/o family, just came back and am running on generator.  No real damage.  I fear the majority of the posters on this forum are in far worse shape than I am.  If there is ANYTHING I can do to assist you, PLEASE do not hesitate to call me at 281-386-7854 and I will do everything within my means to help those within our softball community and the ones they care about.  Just let me know.

Wyman

Just wondering if everyone is ok.  We just got or power back.  I've been working from 6a to 2a every day and haven't heard much from our softball family.  I do know that one of or players lost her home in BC.  I'm sure others did too.  Just looking for any info. We faired good in Vidor.  Just alot of people suffering like all over.   If anyone is in need of anything please conctact me and I'll see what I can do.  781-5142 (my self phone is public so I don't mind it given out.)  God Bless you'all.

Guest stircrazy

I got power at 7 pm tonight. My store in DT Orange has been in my family since 1928 and I had been told it has never had water in it..... BUT it had 3ft in it this time. We helped rescue people and animals in BC the first day while waiting for the water to go down. In the last 3 days we have worked our butts off to get it back to being a business again. I would like to thank Todd Trawhon( Silsbee Baseball Coach) and Charlie Piper (I coach his daughter) and ALL the friends, employees and customers who have helped us get our lives back together. We will open tommorrow limited while we still clean and straighten up. Hope we can get back on the SB field real soon. Thanks for all the support and remember to help someone cause you never know when you may need some help.

Woodville just got elec at 7:30am.

Like  BHBLUE, I had small damage only.  Replaced two pieces of my metal roof and a section of my

chimmey.  Lost 3 trees, but nothing but limbs hit the new house.

No heart attack.

If anyone needs anything that I might offer, please call.

409-338-6001.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder