WOS AT KIRBYVILLE. WHO YOU TAKING IN THIS ONE???

jr1979

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rykerx144

Well all i know is talk is cheap. action is where its at. i love to here kville talk smack it makes the win that much sweeter. i still don't see how they can talk so much when they never beat us. oh well let them talk as talk is all they got. ;D

they only played you twice, fine a better stat for your argument!!!

they only played you twice, fine a better stat for your argument!!!

They may have only played us twice, but they have been dominated both times. We will make them wish IKE came thru here. The stangs are going to tear em up and send em home distraught and broken just like before so get ready cuz the stangs are comin baby  hahahaha!

Guest rykerx144

WOS fans your right WOS should be a better team than Kirbyville.  Your right they have never beat you and should never come close to beating you.  Their school is almost three times smaller than your, they have half as many players as you do and your programs reputation speaks for its self.  All Im saying is what have they got to loose. They talk all the crap they want and if they end up getting blow out, so what it, it was WOS they was supposed to. Now if the stars line up just right and Kirbyville happens to beat WOS then ur trash talkin makes their win even that much bigger and u feel even worse.  Just a thought.

WOS fans your right WOS should be a better team than Kirbyville.  Your right they have never beat you and should never come close to beating you.  Their school is almost three times smaller than your, they have half as many players as you do and your programs reputation speaks for its self.  All Im saying is what have they got to loose. They talk all the crap they want and if they end up getting blow out, so what it, it was WOS they was supposed to. Now if the stars line up just right and Kirbyville happens to beat WOS then ur trash talkin makes their win even that much bigger and u feel even worse.  Just a thought.

Not sure about the school sizes, and I DO believe that sometimes the best team doesn't always win. Your right in your assessment of the trash talk. Personally, I have always believed trash talk is a waste of time. Each team SHOULD believe that they can beat the other but talking about it is just a waste of time.

As far as rivals, sorry Wildcat fans Mustang fans just don't see you as that. We do see LC-M, BC, Orangefield, Jasper, and perhaps Silsbee as what I would call rivalry games. We have longer tradition playing those school. Perhaps, in time we will, but honestly we don't right now.

I have seen WO-S on tape against Nederland and in person against LC-M. Believe me, we possibilities to get much better than what we have played so far. Have not seen Kirbyville so I can't judge them. I did have a coach of an opposing team tell me that the Stangs have more team speed than any team he can remember. Hopefully the game gets played, noone gets hurt, and the best team (whomever it is) wins.

very GOOD point rykerx144

Yes, WOS is a bigger school and on paper should beat Kirbyville.  Yes, they used to be in the same district for the last two yrs but that isn't the case anymore.  There aren't many 2A teams in this area that are willing to strap it up against bigger schools!  K-ville may win or may lose.  The fact is that they scheduled tougher teams so that they will be ready for district and a run into the playoffs!  How do most of you think Newton and WOS have such a long winning tradition, and are able to make deep runs into the playoffs or win state?  It sure isn't by playing smaller schools every non-district game!  If you can hang with the big boys or possibly beat them you will be much better off in the playoffs!  The entire season is a learning experience!  So, if K-ville beats WOS or not it will not be the end of the season, just another opponent on the schedule!  That's all they are, and will be forgotten by the team the next week! ;)

Yes, WOS is a bigger school and on paper should beat Kirbyville.  Yes, they used to be in the same district for the last two yrs but that isn't the case anymore.  There aren't many 2A teams in this area that are willing to strap it up against bigger schools!  K-ville may win or may lose.  The fact is that they scheduled tougher teams so that they will be ready for district and a run into the playoffs!  How do most of you think Newton and WOS have such a long winning tradition, and are able to make deep runs into the playoffs or win state?  It sure isn't by playing smaller schools every non-district game!  If you can hang with the big boys or possibly beat them you will be much better off in the playoffs!  The entire season is a learning experience!  So, if K-ville beats WOS or not it will not be the end of the season, just another opponent on the schedule!  That's all they are, and will be forgotten by the team the next week! ;)

Very nice well put!!!!!

Guest kvillecheer

Exactly. Very well put. 

I'd like to add a bit of trivia, '87.  Newton has never scored a POINT against WOS.  Isn't that strange?

Sorry but that is not a true statement! I am a former player and now a fan, and if my memory serves me well the very first time that we played them the score was 12-6 I believe it was the 96' season! Once again though I hope we stomp KVILLE in the ground so they can shut up and quit this fake we are your rivals thing NOT!!!!!!!!!!

actually only 4 of 6 were shutouts over the Eagles. (87s hard work is actually linked on this site so anyone coulda looked this up.)

1988:  24-0

1989:  47-9

1996:  12-6

1997:  30-0

1998:  10-0

1999:  18-0

Mustangs over Wildcats BIG, as usual.

Guest rykerx144

Someone said Kville had half the players of WO-S, that's about 13 brainwave.

WOS turned in 691 and has over 700 in enrollment now, Kirbyville turned in 425 and had about 398 in enrollement at start of this year.  Yes you probably have about 23 active on Varsity that you pulled up from a JV and freshman team of probably 80 kids comparted to Kirbyvilles maybe 30. So if you are going for the poor little WOS save it and the next time you have a thought Mr.Brainwave do us a favor and let it go.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder