LC-M/WOS Game Canceled

Guest LCM Volleyball

Maybe the offensive coord. fault. :o

77, that's only funny the first time. Time to get some new material... ;D

Bottom line, Moody ripped this entire community off, LCM and WOS both. Period! There is no reason and there is no good excuse. He saw an opportunity to get out of it and went for it. Had we lost to Nederland you can bet this game would be happening.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Think about it if you were the LC-M head coach and your record was 8 and 20 over the last 3 years and you wanted to leave, wouldn't you do anything to avoid another loss on your record. He is having a hard time getting a job, I heard that he applied for about 30 jobs this past summer and got turned down for even a JV head coaching job. He is trying to salvage his record so maybe some sucker will hire him next year. Unfortunately to avoid more losses he should hope for a hurricane every week. It is sad that the kids have worked their but off for this man and he doesn't have enough confidence in them to let them play and see what happens.

You should stop posting rumors! Why should he play on two days of prep? Let the team move on to BC and you give the smack on Moody a rest! Or better yet, send in your resume in for head coach and lets see what you've got.

WEAK. WEAK. WEAK.

This really screws Garrett, who has told me personally that he is after his brothers record.  He would have at least been good for 400 yard on the ground against the Bears. LOL.  This will set him back a little, so I really feel sorry for their next opponent, beacause he will have to make up the missed game against them.  Thanks Moody.

They did not play a game last week.  Of course, they have been working on WOS.  They had coaches at WOS game last week.  They have had two weeks to prepare for WOS.  WOS had to prepare for Nederland and even play them.  The upper hand is with LCM as far as preparation is concerned.  Who did they scrimmage last week?  Baytown Lee?  Aren't they a spread team?  That even furthermore tells me that they were trying to get ready for WOS.  They were trying to get a taste of the spread offense a week early.  Lastly, Noone prepares for a scrimmage.  That would be a waste of time to do.  We can   come up with every excuse in the book; but everyone knows the real deal.  It might not be the players; it might not be the community; it definitely was not the storm. What other reason is there?  TODD MOODY.  The only reason that this game is not being played.  All this is doing is hurting the LCM Bears Football Players as well as the WOS Mustang Football Players.  I am sorry for the seniors that have to endure this.  You kids do not deserve one person messing up something that has been a tradition around here for YEARS!!!!!!!!!  I am truly sorry.

so wos didnt prepare for the dayton scrimmage???

i don't know why, but THEY somehow agreed that the game isn't happening.

if hooks wanted to play, he could refuse to agree to cancel the game.

in that case, LCM would either forfeit or play. neither of those 2 things are happening, therefore a cancellation was declared by BOTH coaches.

a whole bunch of teams cancelled their games scheduled for this week, i know central and westbrook did as well as many others. i mean for the game to be played they have to coordinate things with the officials, band, drill team, cheerleaders, volunteers, etc. it's just alot to do when people are going through the ordeal of moving back into their houses or having trouble getting home. we'd all love to see the game played, and i know coach moody wants to play it, otherwise he wouldn't schedule it. it's just not going to happen.

This is the hidden content, please

read page 9, item 2, bullet 5

thanks for that post, its to bad everyone else is to retared to understand that it was both hooks and moddy that didnt want to play...like u said if it would have just been moddy backing out, it would be a forfeit and wos would get the win

They did not play a game last week.  Of course, they have been working on WOS.  They had coaches at WOS game last week.  They have had two weeks to prepare for WOS.  WOS had to prepare for Nederland and even play them.  The upper hand is with LCM as far as preparation is concerned.  Who did they scrimmage last week?  Baytown Lee?  Aren't they a spread team?  That even furthermore tells me that they were trying to get ready for WOS.  They were trying to get a taste of the spread offense a week early.  Lastly, Noone prepares for a scrimmage.  That would be a waste of time to do.  We can   come up with every excuse in the book; but everyone knows the real deal.  It might not be the players; it might not be the community; it definitely was not the storm. What other reason is there?  TODD MOODY.  The only reason that this game is not being played.  All this is doing is hurting the LCM Bears Football Players as well as the WOS Mustang Football Players.  I am sorry for the seniors that have to endure this.  You kids do not deserve one person messing up something that has been a tradition around here for YEARS!!!!!!!!!  I am truly sorry.

so wos didnt prepare for the dayton scrimmage???

What does this have to do with anything?

canecutter, do you agree with the game being cancelled?

Look Sneakysnake...it's obvious by the number of posts you have made that you were sent here to quell the rumors and/or comments that fans are making.  We understand that.  But to try to give us some lame excuses is just pointless.  NOONE needs the band, drill team, or even FANS to play a football game.  I will agree that refs are needed (somewhat...lol), but the refs are set for the game and I'm sure they are disappointed to hear that their game got cancelled because LCM didn't feel like playing it, whatever the reason you may try to say it is!

I think he is done. He was figured out and he is done.

in that case, LCM would either forfeit or play. neither of those 2 things are happening, therefore a cancellation was declared by BOTH coaches.

a whole bunch of teams cancelled their games scheduled for this week, i know central and westbrook did as well as many others. i mean for the game to be played they have to coordinate things with the officials, band, drill team, cheerleaders, volunteers, etc. it's just alot to do when people are going through the ordeal of moving back into their houses or having trouble getting home. we'd all love to see the game played, and i know coach moody wants to play it, otherwise he wouldn't schedule it. it's just not going to happen.

thanks for that post, its to bad everyone else is to retared to understand that it was both hooks and moddy that didnt want to play...like u said if it would have just been moddy backing out, it would be a forfeit and wos would get the win

There is no understanding to it... many of us KNOW Hooks didn't agree.

...and if you're going to insult someone, at least learn how to spell the insult... JEEZ!

Isn't his name Moody?????????? And really, who is the "retared" one?

What other teams except Jasper and K'ville cancelled.  You stated that a whole bunch of other teams cancelled, who?

Isn't his name Moody?????????? And really, who is the "retared" one?

heck he still hasn't answered my question ..he said a BUNCH of schools has cancelled including Central and brook..the only ones that I have seen cancelled was jasper/k-ville and WOS/LCM.

Re: **Post any confirmed game cancellations or changes here for this week**

« Reply #52 on: Today at 02:53:41 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PN-G at Crosby (Sat. 6pm)

Kountze at BC (Sat. 6pm)

Barbers Hill at Lumberton (Sat. 7pm)

Buna at Orangefield (Sat. 6:30pm)

Colmesneil at Price Carlisle (Sat. 6pm)

Port Arthur Memorial at Beaumont Ozen (Sat./Babe Zaharias Stadium 7pm)

Chester at Beaumont Legacy (Sat. 12pm)

WO-S vs. LC-M (Cancelled)

HJ at Woodville (Sat. 7:30)

My guess as to what happened..

Hooks wanted to play, Moody didnt

Getting the "W" on paper is irrelevant, im sure WOS wanted to rack up stats and get experience on LCM.

Theres really no gain for WOS by making LCM forfeit, might as well agree to cancel since the other coach wont play anyway and getting the 1 win on record isnt that big a deal

Guest LCM Volleyball

Re: **Post any confirmed game cancellations or changes here for this week**

« Reply #52 on: Today at 02:53:41 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kountze at BC (Sat. 6pm)

I'm sure this list will be added to, if they could play then we can't we? Geez

Maybe the offensive coord. fault. :o

77, that's only funny the first time. Time to get some new material... ;D

Bottom line, Moody ripped this entire community off, LCM and WOS both. Period! There is no reason and there is no good excuse. He saw an opportunity to get out of it and went for it. Had we lost to Nederland you can bet this game would be happening.

Its gettin old but when the playoffs come around it will come up again it does every year like clock work.

Central at West Brook (Sat 7pm)

Kountze at BC (Sat. 6pm)

Kirbyville at Jasper (Cancelled)

Kelly at Hitchcock (Sat. 6pm)

no i dont agree with the game been'n canceled, i just dont think it is fair to be dog'n moddy out so bad, when him and hooks both agreed to cancel the game

How do you know that Hooks agreed, have you talked to him or someone on the coaching staff yourself?  Or have you just heard that he agreed?

well if he didnt agreed, it would be a forfeit, and wos would get the win, but that hasnt happen has it?