*HURRICANE IKE AFTERMATH AND COMMENTS*

KFDM COOP

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like we are all awaiting that 2 a.m. update.....  ;D

I would rather get it from COOP than The Weather Channel!

My wife is an RN in ICU at the Medical Center....She confirmed that if mandatory evacs are called....they don't have the resources to get the people out.   Everything was sent South and they can't get them back in time.  They don't want to have patients or people stranded on the road with an inbound hurricane.

My thoughts....They sent everything South.  The Golden Triangle Counties don't have the buses or ambulances to get everyone out in time.

Not to panic anyone but if it moves closer to us...we could be in huge trouble!   :'(

Now what to do until 2? Lol

packing and trying to find a hotel or someone to stay with would be a good start

Grandma lives in Carrollton, north of Dallas, so we have a place to stay...

Well we're not leaving till atleast noon on Friday, so hopefully it won't be as bad... But still not a pleasant trip to say the least...

Good deal. It's going to be a long drive though

Where ya headed Bulldog?  I am waiting till tomorrow late night so hopefully the traffic won't be as bad....It will be easier on the kids...they can sleep.  However, my wife has to stay behind at the hospital!   :'(

That sucks man.  We always feared that when my mother worked at St. E.  Those hospitals are pretty safe though.  

Hoop,

We have to remember this first and foremost, we only have a certain amount of resources to be able to handle a storm like this. Remember just a couple days ago this thing was supposed to hit Northern Florida. It is hard to make any real preparations with movement like this. I hope that you investigate this but the choices were made with the best available intel.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami