Simmons: LU stronger, more vibrant, more vital university today

Guest coachacola

Mffl, glad to see a few more moderators here. I can't wait till Feb. 5, 2009 and the traffic on this forum. I'm excited about the future and I welcome all the assistance.

I was talking to someone in the athletic department and they told me they just received the largest gift to the Cardinal Club. It was from a former football player.

"Our university" is poised for great things in academics and athletics.

Again, I'm glad to have you with me here. This site just keeps getting better.

Thanks rim, you've turned this board into a great source for everything Lamar!

Ditto   ;D ;D ;D

Mffl, glad to see a few more moderators here. I can't wait till Feb. 5, 2009 and the traffic on this forum. I'm excited about the future and I welcome all the assistance.

I was talking to someone in the athletic department and they told me they just received the largest gift to the Cardinal Club. It was from a former football player.

"Our university" is poised for great things in academics and athletics.

Again, I'm glad to have you with me here. This site just keeps getting better.

any word on how much??lot of people im talking to are uping there donation to get the first shot at football tickets.

Guest coachacola

Awesome pic there bigredfan2!!!

Thanks, I hope to get one with more and better ones this year.

I think there is plenty of games scheduled that could be big attendence games.

That would make a great poster!!

Awesome pic there bigredfan2!!!

Thanks, I hope to get one with more and better ones this year.

I think there is plenty of games scheduled that could be big attendence games.

That would make a great poster!!

I'm not sure what else they have done with or are going to do with the photo.  I just know it has in my eye it could be better.

Thanks for the comments

Part of the reason the enrollment appears to have dropped is not so much the economy but the result of Lamar moving into the TSUS. Enrollment prior to TSUS included Lamar-Beaumont, LIT, Lamar-Port Arthur, and Lamar-Orange. After the TSUS broke up the Lamar System the enrollment figures no longer include the campuses at LIT, Orange, and Port Arthur.

Part of the reason the enrollment appears to have dropped is not so much the economy but the result of Lamar moving into the TSUS. Enrollment prior to TSUS included Lamar-Beaumont, LIT, Lamar-Port Arthur, and Lamar-Orange. After the TSUS broke up the Lamar System the enrollment figures no longer include the campuses at LIT, Orange, and Port Arthur.

Do you feel the enrollment should include those schools? Are those students paying fees to the main campus?

No they should not be paying fees to the main campus. They are now completely separate entities from Lamar University. They have their own athletic programs, etc. Unless they take courses at LU they pay no fees to Beaumont. Attending Lamar State College is no different than attending SHSU, SFA, San Jac, or Angelina College.

Lamar University - Beaumont - Cardinals (Southland Conference)

Lamar State College - Port Arthur - Seahawks (Metro Athletic Conference)

Lamar State College Orange (LSCO)

Here are some recent enrollment figures:

Lamar Beaumont - 14,000 (10500 campus + 3500 online masters program)

Lamar State College Orange - 2,143

Lamar State College PA - 2,530

Lamar Institute of Technology - 2,711

If Lamar University had not split into these 4 separate institutions, the current enrollment would be close to 21,400 as of today.

Hope this explains some of the variations over the years.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Love Binding Psychics
    Newest Member
    Love Binding Psychics