Lamar Ranked 6th Most Prestigious MBB Program in SLC

Most prestigious programs in NCAA since 1984-85 per ESPN. Here's the Southland schools ranks. The school must have been in the NCAA awhile, hence the reason Central Ark and A&M-CC are not in this...Lamar is 221nd overall and 9th amongst SLC schools...

T-157. Texas-San Antonio

T-185. McNeese State

T-201. Sam Houston State

T-214. Northwestern State

T-214. Stephen F. Austin

T-237. Southeastern Louisiana

T-241. Nicholls State

T-241. Texas State

T-221. Lamar

T-260. Texas-Arlington

This is the hidden content, please

This is the methodology used...

• National title … 25

• Title game loss … 20

• National semifinal loss … 15

• Elite Eight loss … 10

• Best record in conference's regular season … 5

• 30+ wins in a season … 5

• Sweet 16 loss … 5

• Conference tournament title … 3

• AP first-team All-American … 3

• Losing in NCAA second round … 3

• Player in top 10 of NBA draft … 2

• 20-29 wins in a season … 2

• NCAA first-round win as a 12-16-seed … 2

• NIT title … 2

• AP second-team All-American … 2

• NCAA tournament berth … 1

• Postseason NIT berth … 1

• AP third-team All-American … 1

• NCAA first-round loss vs. 12-16-seed … -2

• Losing season … -3

• Ban from NCAA tournament … -3

>> Minimum 15 seasons in Division I

** Ties are broken by overall winning percentage since the 1984-85 season

^^ Teams are listed by their current conferences

Guest coachacola

Since Lamar is at 221, that would put Lamar in 6th place, not 9th place in the SLC.  This list just shows how lousy the SLC has been since the mid-1980s when the SLC was actually a decent basketball conference.

T-157. Texas-San Antonio

T-185. McNeese State

T-201. Sam Houston State

T-214. Northwestern State

T-214. Stephen F. Austin

T-221. Lamar

T-237. Southeastern Louisiana

T-241. Nicholls State

T-241. Texas State

T-260. Texas-Arlington

And the purpose of this thread?

To remind the sect of Lamar fans that constantly remind other fans how your basketball program is Holier than Thou, that your not all you guys stick our your chest to be...

I'm not saying all LU fans do this, but for awhile, all we got on our board is rhetoric about how LU is this great basketball program with all this great history, when in fact, the LU of the last 20 years has not done much of anything -- not that SHSU has either, but you get the point...

Guest coachacola

And the purpose of this thread?

To remind the sect of Lamar fans that constantly remind other fans how your basketball program is Holier than Thou, that your not all you guys stick our your chest to be...

I'm not saying all LU fans do this, but for awhile, all we got on our board is rhetoric about how LU is this great basketball program with all this great history, when in fact, the LU of the last 20 years has not done much of anything -- not that SHSU has either, but you get the point...

I think only MFFL posts on the katfans board so I guess that makes him a sect.  ::)

Lamar has 5 tourney wins, which one of those teams have 5 or more? Lamar highest ranking was 12th, which one of those schools beat that?

I was just poking fun at you guys...

Riddle me this, how many LU students were a) alive during those wins and B) how many students actually know LU won a few games in the tournament?

Guest abovetherim

Texas Terror, we have a lot of "adult students" at Lamar. They may not frequent this forum as they have families, work full-time and take as many hours as possible.

I thought you and I moved past attacking each others school? You can continue down this path but I didn't like the way I acted. I'm just staying pro Lamar and let you keep us up to date with SHSU.

Lamar has 5 tourney wins, which one of those teams have 5 or more? Lamar highest ranking was 12th, which one of those schools beat that?

I was just poking fun at you guys...

Riddle me this, how many LU students were a) alive during those wins and B) how many students actually know LU won a few games in the tournament?

Bottom line, is it better to have had those wins or better to not have them?

Texas Terror, we have a lot of "adult students" at Lamar. They may not frequent this forum as they have families, work full-time and take as many hours as possible.

I thought you and I moved past attacking each others school? You can continue down this path but I didn't like the way I acted. I'm just staying pro Lamar and let you keep us up to date with SHSU.

Way to go rim... turn the other cheek. I think i need to do more of that.  ;)

TT What do you do for a living ? You are always on some website talking about sports. I don't understand why you would constantly want to run down one school. I am a graduate of both SHSU & Lamar. I wouldn't run one down over the other. I know Lamar hasn't had much success lately in Basketball, but they have faired very well in everything else. It seems like everytime I read something you write on here, it is in an insulting way towards Lamar. It's sad. It really is.

TT What do you do for a living ? You are always on some website talking about sports. I don't understand why you would constantly want to run down one school. I am a graduate of both SHSU & Lamar. I wouldn't run one down over the other. I know Lamar hasn't had much success lately in Basketball, but they have faired very well in everything else. It seems like everytime I read something you write on here, it is in an insulting way towards Lamar. It's sad. It really is.

You must not be reading much...I'm always on numerous sports boards, talking sports. I'm not constantly running down Lamar. If you think I'm running down Lamar, you have apparently not seen remarks I've made about two institutions with the acronyms of 'TSU' in the state of Texas. I did say LU is doing a great job in other sports, but I brought up the basketball thing, just because we've been treated to fans from your schools numerous times on the sport -- whether it be 'reliving' the glory days or 'nationally ranked' recruiting classes. This was before you were around (and on the 'other' Lamar board)..

Luckily, MFFL has grown up some and your fans are starting to get football crazed (as am I -- love when new schools come on board!)...I really enjoy your fan base, because for the most part, you guys are really an entertaining and enlightening group. Also, a few of the 'bad apples' from other SLC boards apparently don't know much about this board and do not clog it up with the typical drivel...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami