P.A Indoor facility

Guest Pounce

I know this is getting off the subject. Pounce you keep talking bad about the coach at PAM. The problem is not the coach, it is society. The coach at PAM is respected among the coaching ranks. He is "old school" and that is what we need to get back too. It's not all about football sometimes. It's preparing kids for life in the real world. Sports does that for some kids. The problem is kids are not the same. They show no respect, they are lazy and the parents don't help things. Each generation gets worse.  Example: Most young people want to make a lot of money but they are not willing to earn it. Not all young people but most.

i agree with most of that,but when it comes to football...he fails!!! when colbert was there,he got the kids into good schools and was like a father to them,but COULD NOT COACH. now which one would i rather have??? both. but with thompson,give me  a better coach. okay i'm not going to bash on coaches,but i have to call it like i see it(and if i don't see it,i make it up lol!!! i stole that from someone)

Typical Port Arthur, wasting money as usual. Why don't they take that money and repair some of the homes in old Port Arhtur that were damaged from Rita. Some homes (Down by MLK Bridge) still have blue roofs or whats left of them.

How did you figure that out? Port Arthur has very little to do with it according to the news reports. The city is said to be spending less than a million dollars on it and the complex is going to cost up to 30 million. How is the city wasting money when they basically aren't spending any?

Guest bleed orange

He is in a no win situation. They expect to win and sometimes you just don't have the talent. PAM is not Thomas Jefferson in the old days. As far as coaches helping kids get to the next level. That's tough, I know because I just went through it with my daughter. Our girls basketball coach did try but most of the leg work was done by me. I sent tapes to schools and brought her to tryouts. It paid-off, she got a full ride. I guess what I am trying to say is, you cannot put everything on a coach. If you want the "Dream" then you have to get off your butt and do something about it. Coaches are busy and have a lot on their plate. In small schools coaches coach more than one sport. Sometime they don't have the time.  My "Dream" for my daughter is not basketball but an education for a better life. I did not mine doing the leg work.

Guest bleed orange

Typical Port Arthur, wasting money as usual. Why don't they take that money and repair some of the homes in old Port Arthur that were damaged from Rita. Some homes (Down by MLK Bridge) still have blue roofs or whats left of them.

How did you figure that out? Port Arthur has very little to do with it according to the news reports. The city is said to be spending less than a million dollars on it and the complex is going to cost up to 30 million. How is the city wasting money when they basically aren't spending any?

I guess we will see since you think you are so smart. Oh I forgot you are a moderator. I mean Port Arthur has made all the right decisions.

Yea they made all the right decisions...thats why they have one of the highest crime rates.

I think it would do better in nederland or portneches.

LOL! The crime rate is kind of a reflection of that "fine" police department they have over there. I rank them right up there with Beaumont's finest. :o

You can't blame everything on the police. That's a sore spot. If people act right then you don't have to worry about crime rates. Oldest excuse in the book, when all else fails blame your local police department. What have you done for your community lately? Just remember police are regular guys and girls just like you and I. Anyways I wish they would build it in mid county.

I guess we will see since you think you are so smart. Oh I forgot you are a moderator. I mean Port Arthur has made all the right decisions.

I guess that means that you think I am wrong and PA city council will fund the entire project. Like you said, we'll see. Don't hold your breath waiting for PA to fund a $30 million dollar project for high school sports. That is a school district function, not a city. Being that you are smarter than me, I guess you know that already however.

Guest Pounce

tvc,it's a city thing. the school district doesn't have anything to do with it. saying that,i think this plan have been kept behind closed doors. why would you build a new h.s. and practice fields for football and band,but no stadium. i think PAISD gave them the idea.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83