Always Wanted To Ask This

IF WO-S  WERE To Drop To 2A And Still Win Games Like Thy Have Been Doing Over The Years,Would YOU Sill Like To Play The Mustangs Even If Thy Are A 2A Team

For a large school(4a) it could hurt them in the state rankings, but who cares. Newton and now Kirbyville are small schools that would prepare 3a and some 4a schools for the playoffs. Its not the size that matters, but how well you play football.

Don't think we'll ever drop to 2A.

Well, that is what I thought 10 years ago about going to 3A.

I am sure that there are some 4A teams which would still agree to play the Mustangs.  The question is whether Coach Hooks (or his successor) would ever schedule teams two classifications higher.  Take this years predistrict for instance.  I know that there are some who are complaining about the strength.  However, as he did when the Mustangs ceased playing 5A teams while in 4A, Coach Hooks will (and maybe has) at some point determine that playing schools with much bigger enrollments is actually hurting the team rather than toughening them up.

i know nederland doesnt mind scheduling wos 4a-vs=3a however if they should drop to 2a i dont see it being done i personally like to play wos always been fun to watch they beat dayton last year and i still am having nightmares about the dayton game lol

i will say this again ---the city of orange BETTER FIND A REPLCEMENT  FOR  LEVESTION- AMERICAN BRIDGE    my lord lots of jobs  lost lost lost . was talking to a buddy  last night about all the homes up for sale in little cypress now whats going on out in there part of the county.i will call the county building dept and see where all the building is going up ,looks to me  ORANGEFIELD.

Guest ECBucFan

WOS on the way to 2A...gulp. WOS vs. Deweyville  :o

I have a feeling wos vs. e.c.  Wouldn't be much better.

That wasn't a slight against DV. Anyone familiar with my posts overall knows I wish the best for DV. I was drawing a contrast of sizes, DV is by far the smallest 2A, and if WO-S drops into 2A, they would (at least for a time) be the largest 2A.

One thing to keep in mind, if WO-S drops to 2A, at some point the teams depth will inevitably reduce. As for EC, maybe it wouldn't be much better. The exception might have been last two years, when TT and Co. could have given it a go...   

at this time and going back  4 years ago wo-s has NEVER had big numbers come out for football .coach hooks and his staff have done a outstanding job with the small number of kids  that do come out and most all the coaches just sit there and shake there head in wounder how can that happen. i have been told not sure this is true are not but i will say it enyways  IT STARTS IN LL FOOTBALL program in orange some very smart people  that know there stuff so i have been told.on friday night going to a mustang game when i have the chance, i sit and look at the kids under the stands with there girlfriends but should be out on the field not under the stands looking prutty,BUT at wo-s there is no place for prutty boys on there field ,sounds like i am double talking dont it lol sorry

what is the cut off line between 3a and 2a.is wo-s a  big 3a school

In 1984 WO-S had an enrollment of close to 1350 and the cutoff between 2A and 3A was 275

In 2008 WO-S has an enrollment of 691 and the cutoff between 2A and 3A is 430

If the enrollment numbers continue to drop as they have, and the cutoff between 2A and 3A continues to rise as it has it is definitely within the realm of possibility that WO-S could drop to 2A

They're still 260 students above the cutoff but a little over 20 years ago they were over 1000 students above the cutoff!

Guest ECBucFan

With WO-S constantly losing students, and the UIL gradually bumping the 2A cutoff number higher, its going to happen, probably within 6 or 8 years (3 or 4 realignments from now). 

6 to 8 years is a long time enything can happen between that time but i still DONT seeing it happen. we might even get a new plant move in orange county never know.i got this gut feeling something is going to happen ,thats me wishing it would happen    just a dreamer i am lol lol

I pulled this from a post I put up several months ago.  You also have to realize that the WO-S enrollment has fluctuated up and down, with the enrollment actually being within 38 students of hitting 1000 as recently as 1999.  I imagine our current low level is partially due to numbers dropping after Rita, and it's quite likely the numbers could increase in the 2010 alignment.

Link to original post --->

This is the hidden content, please

These numbers are the official enrollments counting grades 9-12 in each of the respective high schools published by the TEA in their annual Standard Reports.  The numbers differ slightly from the UIL enrollment numbers but they should be pretty close.   

1991 was the first year ever that LC-M had a larger enrollment than WO-S

2006 was the first year ever that Bridge City had a larger enrollment than WO-S

orangecounty.gif

It is not really accurate to say WOS is a "small 3A".  WOS is a pretty average size 3A school.

In terms of the current 3A class:

WOS ranks #71 out of 180 in size

WOS has an enrollment of 691 which is:

40 higher than the 3a average of 651

285 smaller than the largest 3A school and 271 larger than the 2A cutoff

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami