who's next

Guest Orangeboy

Coach Jason Keeney should be on the short list there. He is a Bridge City boy who played under Coach Young. He also served under Coach Landry at HF for the last 5 years. Great baseball man.

Coach Jason Keeney should be a the short list there. He is a Bridge City boy who played under Coach Young. He also served under Coach Landry at HF for the last 5 years. Great baseball man.

No, No, No!!  Much rather have Lindstrom.

Come on don't start bashing anyone.  What's your problem with Keeney?  I played under Landry my years but know both Keeney and Lindstrom very well and both would be a good fit at HF.  I have absolutely nothing negative to say about either one.  Just hope there is enough bulletproof vests out there for the candidates because the HF parents will speak their minds and don't care if they hurt someone in the process.

I think that Keeney should be given the chance to show what he can do when given the opportunity to run the Horns. He played under Chuck, coached under Landry, and cares a great deal about all the kids he coaches. I believe that HF would be doing themselves a great disservice by hiring someone else. A young coach with a good rapport with the kids and a hard working attitude is what the HF people need to continue as they build their baseball tradition.

I think that Keeney should be given the chance to show what he can do when given the opportunity to run the Horns. He played under Chuck, coached under Landry, and cares a great deal about all the kids he coaches. I believe that HF would be doing themselves a great disservice by hiring someone else. A young coach with a good rapport with the kids and a hard working attitude is what the HF people need to continue as they build their baseball tradition.

I agree that sounds like a good idea, but that is not how HF works.  We will overlook the guys who have been there and hire from outside like usual!!  Typical HF

I agree that sounds like a good idea, but that is not how HF works.  We will overlook the guys who have been there and hire from outside like usual!!  Typical HF

It is very disappointing that so many school districts take this approach instead of developing guys from within the district. I still think they would be doing themselves a huge disservice by not promoting Keeney to Head Coaching status.

Guest baseball25

I think Heath Paviliska would be a very good fit at HF. Coach of the year 2 times at hardin and knows the game very well and a very dedicated coach that loves the game. Also was a pitcher for Northwestern La.

...developing guys from within the district...

It would not make much sense to hire someone other than the two that are there.  Keeney has been there 5 years and Lindstrom for 7 years.  Landry (with more experience) passed Lindstrom to take the head job 5 years ago.  They hired from within the district then...why wouldn't they now?  Lindstrom is a hometown guy (grad '97) knows the community well.

Although I do believe that district 's should be preparing assistants to become head coaches, I do not feel this is always the best way to go in hiring head coaches. I do not believe the fact someone has grown up in the same district he or she now works has anything to do with how good of a head coach they will be when given the chance. In fact getting your first head job where you know everyone and grew up with the community can make for many different pressures then an outsider coming in.

As for HF job, I do not know either person but if coaches have been leap frogged once for a job it is very unlikely this time will be different. Whatever the decision on this issue, I know the individuals making this decision will make the decision based on a heck of alot more information than anyone on this forum has, including myself. Good luck to HF.

Although I do believe that district 's should be preparing assistants to become head coaches, I do not feel this is always the best way to go in hiring head coaches. I do not believe the fact someone has grown up in the same district he or she now works has anything to do with how good of a head coach they will be when given the chance. In fact getting your first head job where you know everyone and grew up with the community can make for many different pressures then an outsider coming in.

As for HF job, I do not know either person but if coaches have been leap frogged once for a job it is very unlikely this time will be different. Whatever the decision on this issue, I know the individuals making this decision will make the decision based on a heck of alot more information than anyone on this forum has, including myself. Good luck to HF.

The only opposition I have to your statement is, everyone in HF knows everyone elses business, so they believe they have the "downlow"  :D

Guest Orangeboy

Just talked to a coach who has access to the coaches website and he said the job was reposted again this morning. ???

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476