Coach Woodard Info

Guest Ozen

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really do not think Woodward is going to make the huge impact that we all were led to believe that Lamar would make when they announced their head coach. I'm actually rather shocked and am interested to see if this comes to fruition, because this hiring is less than flattering...

If this is your hire and everything else does not measure as big a splash as many of you claimed, there will probably be a line of people ready to go get the old sign from back in the 1980s reserving your spot at the basement of the SLC.

Words that have reached my ears say some of the other claims made on this board are a bit short of the hype...

the only hype im hearing about lamar's football program is from some of the poster's on this board.  i think the university is handling everything in an appropriate manner.  ive said it before, i trust that billy tubbs and dr. simmons  know what they are doing in getting this football team back on the field.  if they feel that woodard is a good hire, then i think we should give him a chance

the only hype im hearing about lamar's football program is from some of the poster's on this board.  i think the university is handling everything in an appropriate manner.  ive said it before, i trust that billy tubbs and dr. simmons  know what they are doing in getting this football team back on the field.  if they feel that woodard is a good hire, then i think we should give him a chance

Us hard core fans will support who ever is picked. However our population is not big enough to fill Buna's high school stadium. We need a name

that will grab the attention of all +400,000 people of this metro.

Guest coachacola

WOS95 is right, nobody from LU's administration said they were going to hire a big name coach and build a 30K stadium.  Dr. Simmons has been rebuilding Lamar's academics first, and the $46 million raised so far is proof of that.  Billy Tubbs said he would consult with some big name coaches, and he has, but he never said he was going to hire one of them.  They are going to renovate Cardinal Stadium so it's one of largest, if not nicest, stadiums in the SLC.  Since the majority of the schools in the SLC average less than 10K per game, Lamar will also be one of the leaders in football attendance too.

WOS95 is right, nobody from LU's administration said they were going to hire a big name coach and build a 30K stadium.  Dr. Simmons has been rebuilding Lamar's academics first, and the $46 million raised so far is proof of that.  Billy Tubbs said he would consult with some big name coaches, and he has, but he never said he was going to hire one of them.  They are going to renovate Cardinal Stadium so it's one of largest, if not nicest, stadiums in the SLC.  Since the majority of the schools in the SLC average less than 10K per game, Lamar will also be one of the leaders in football attendance too.

Lamar will not average more than 10,000 if Lamar doesn't bring in a big name. Only 1 time to get community excited and on board.

Its like a freight train. 2 small U-18 engines will not get 150 cars up to 60 mph. You need the big Dash 9's. If the train was already going 60 mph, then

the U-18's could maintain that speed. Lamar needs a big engine to get the program up to speed first, then bring in a Stump or Woodard.

Lamar will not average more than 10,000 if Lamar doesn't bring in a big name. Only 1 time to get community excited and on board.

Its like a freight train. 2 small U-18 engines will not get 150 cars up to 60 mph. You need the big Dash 9's. If the train was already going 60 mph, then

the U-18's could maintain that speed. Lamar needs a big engine to get the program up to speed first, then bring in a Stump or Woodard.

Somebody knows a little about the railroad!    I UP for awhile.

Guest coachacola

I'm not disagreeing with you.  Let's hope Lamar can find a big Dash 9 to get this train going.

6.jpg

The fact of the matter is this: the job is difficult and it could be either the steppingstone for FBS opportunities or the career-killer that sends you back down to coaching JV football and teaching U.S. History.  Noone really wants that kind of pressure. 

I looked up to my JV Coach and I loved history.  ;)

Guys,

I think that we here at this forum want the best for Lamar, but that sometimes clouds our judgment. I think we all wanted a RC Slocum, Fran, or a Larry Coker. But lets be reasonable we are not paying that much, we are in a crappy conference, and we have already had our football program fail once. I think we are trying to do it right but we have limited options. We cannot force these coaches to take the job. I am optimistic, I think that Woodard or Stump would be good choices and I base my opinion on the type of background that they share with USF coach Jim Leavitt. He was not a big name when he took over USF and built that program. He was an up and comer like Stump or Woodard.

Guest abovetherim

Anyway we can get both? The more I think about it, the more I like Coach Stump. Is it possible to pay him enough to leave West Brook for a OC position and an agreement he will be the next Head Coach should Coach Woodard leave.

I don't know much about Coach Woodard but the people who do like him a lot.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami