***All-District 21-3A Baseball Team***

All-District 21-3A Baseball Team

Leader Sports

The Orange Leader

MOST VALUABLE PLAYER: Taylor Monse, Hardin-Jefferson

OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Malcolm Bronson, Jasper

CO-DEFENSIVE PLAYERS OF THE YEAR: Jacob Felts, Orangefield; Dylan Lundy, Hardin-Jefferson

NEWCOMER OF THE YEAR: Ty Parker, Jasper

COACH OF THE YEAR: Billy Bryant, Bridge City

FIRST TEAM

Pitchers: Jace Statum, Orangefield; Matt Hicks, Bridge City; Jaden Dillon, Bridge City; Kevin McDonald, Silsbee

Catcher: Casey Jackson, Bridge City

Infielders: Joe Robertson, Bridge City; Blake Moss, Silsbee; Randall Courville, Hamshire-Fannett; Travis Moore, Hamshire-Fannett; Tyler Ernest, Jasper

Outfielders: Jason Clark, Bridge City; Kevin Roebuck, Hardin-Jefferson; Randy Musgrove, Kirbyville; Ryan Hargrove, Silsbee; Hagan Daigle, Hamshire-Fannett

Designated Hitter: Josh Rodgers, Hardin-Jefferson

Utility Player: Blake Hubbard, Bridge City

SECOND TEAM

Pitchers: Brandon Wolcott, Silsbee; Brett Koenig, Hamshire-Fannett; Justin Parsons, Jasper; Matt McClelland, Kirbyville

Catcher: Kyle Markum, Hamshire-Fannett

Infielders: Blake Snyder, Bridge City; Logan Ferguson, Hardin-Jefferson; Josh Skinner, Silsbee; Parker Phillips, Jasper

Outfielders: Chase Adams, WO-S; Garrett Minaldi, Hamshire-Fannett; Taylor Hart, Jasper; Jacob Ricossa, Hardin-Jefferson

Designated Hitter: Aaron Stephenson, Jasper

Utility Player: Jordan Darnall, WO-S

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I had to pick Casey Jackson would be MVP because a 13-1 record in 21-3A is truly an accomplishment and if not him, Malcolm Bronson is the true best player in the district and nobody in their right mind can disagree with that!

A column in the Orange Leader is already written and will be published Saturday.

If I had to pick Casey Jackson would be MVP because a 13-1 record in 21-3A is truly an accomplishment and if not him, Malcolm Bronson is the true best player in the district and nobody in their right mind can disagree with that!

A column in the Orange Leader is already written and will be published Saturday.

I agree, You could argue all day about them two players you listed but it must not be going off of stats....Look at Casey's stats I mean how many times did he get walked, Hr's, Doubles, Hits in general......Bronson is absolutely the top Offensive player, but all around ???? just needs more time in the field....

Jackson batted .526 in district, 16 walks, 5 homers, 18 RBI, five doubles and only five strike outs...

Please don't take this as a knock on the MVP himself, he is a great player though. Just not where I would have gone with the pick.

Oh no, not a column in the Orange Leader!  What does that mean anyway?  Oh, and by the way, obviously there are a few people that can and did argue about the best player in district 21-3A.  They're called the 8 coaches that had the opportunity to coach, coach against, nominate and vote on the MVP of this wonderfully tough district.  I think these guys know a little more about who is and who is not the MVP.  The coaches have spoken.  Congratulations to each and every player who received an all-district award.  You deserve all the recoginition that may come your way.      

Jackson batted .526 in district, 16 walks, 5 homers, 18 RBI, five doubles and only five strike outs...

Please don't take this as a knock on the MVP himself, he is a great player though. Just not where I would have gone with the pick.

Do you know if there is any way we can get stats on all of the players that made the list? I think everybody would like that....Well maybe everybody...

Oh no, not a column in the Orange Leader!  What does that mean anyway?  Oh, and by the way, obviously there are a few people that can and did argue about the best player in district 21-3A.  They're called the 8 coaches that had the opportunity to coach, coach against, nominate and vote on the MVP of this wonderfully tough district.  I think these guys know a little more about who is and who is not the MVP.  The coaches have spoken.  Congratulations to each and every player who received an all-district award.  You deserve all the recoginition that may come your way.     

Im paid to have an opinion and have seen enough 3A baseball this season to have a strong one.

Do you know if there is any way we can get stats on all of the players that made the list? I think everybody would like that....Well maybe everybody...

MaxPreps/FanPages......if coaches report to this site........they should.

Im paid to have an opinion and have seen enough 3A baseball this season to have a strong one.

Well guess what.  The coaches are paid to coach these kids and paid to make the all-district selections, which they did.  I'm pretty sure they have seen enough 3A baseball this season to have a strong opinion as well.

MaxPreps/FanPages......if coaches report to this site........they should.

MaxPreps is one site.  You can also try leaguelineup.

Taylor Monse (HJ) SR………W 7 L 0 58.1 IP ERA 2.62 K 82

Taylor Monse (HJ) Sr……….Avg .481 R 18 2B 12 HR 3 RBI 31

Jacob Felts (OF) Soph..        Avg .500 R 18 Hits 41 RBI 29 2B 11 3B 2 HR 5

Dylan Lundy (HJ) Sr……Avg .483 R 31 2B 14 3B 2 HR 4 RBI 22

Blake Moss (Silsbee) Sr....Avg .453 R 27 Hits 39 2B 4 HR 3 RBI 25

Kevin Roebuck (HJ) Sr……Avg .494 R 43 2B 10 3b 3 HR 1 RBI 19

Jacob Ricossa (HJ) Sr………Avg .435 R 15 2B 7 HR 3 RBI 21

Guest WB42

To put this to rest, congrats to every person on this list.

My opinion is just that it is sad when politics can sometimes sneak their nose into all-district picks.

Don't worry.  This is not the only district that will have politics influence decisions.  I guarantee that 22-4A will too.  Some of last years All District 1st Team players didn't have as good of years this season.  But I bet they'll still be first team based on their past history and being seniors. Some players who actually earned first team with their play this year will have to be satisfied with whatever recognition they get.  It's just the nature of the beast.  The incumbent will always get the nod.  I approach with the attitude that as long as the right players get recognition don't worry if it's 1st or 2nd team, MVP, etc., because coaches are human and will not always be objective.  

Good bunch of players on this list!  Congrats!

2008 SETXsports Pre-Season Baseball Team

Co-MVP

Taylor Hart (Jasper)

1st Team

Infielders

Randall Courville (Hamshire-Fannett)

Dylan Lundy (Hardin-Jefferson)

Thad Lycan (WB)

Joe Robertson (Bridge City)

Outfielders:

Jace Statum (OF)

Randy Musgrove (Kirbyville)

DH:

Casey Jackson (BC)

Malcomb Bronson (Jasper)

Utility:

Matt Hicks (BC)

2nd Team

Pitchers:

Justin Parsons (Jasper)

Catchers

Jacob Felts (Orangefield)

Infielders:

Taylor Eaves (Hamshire-Fannett)

Brandon Wolcott (Silsbee)

Outfielders:

Kevin Roebuck (Hardin-Jefferson)

Utility

Kevin McDonald (Silsbee)

DH

Honorable Mention:

Blake Moss (Silsbee), Jacob Ricossa (HJ), Taylor Monse (HJ), Travis Moore (HF),  Jason Clark (BC)

Congrats to the guys who proved us wrong

Ty Parker, Jasper

Tyler Ernest, Jasper

Ryan Hargrove, Silsbee

Hagan Daigle, Hamshire-Fannett

Josh Rodgers, Hardin-Jefferson

Blake Hubbard, Bridge City

Kyle Markum, Hamshire-Fannett

Blake Snyder, Bridge City

Logan Ferguson Hardin-Jefferson

Josh Skinner Silsbee

Parker Phillips, Jasper

Chase Adams, WO-S

Garrett Minaldi, Hamshire-Fannett

Aaron Stephenson, Jasper

Brett Koenig, Hamshire-Fannett

Jordan Darnall, WO-S

As usual comments about coach bryant that make no sense. why don't you ask him if he showed up.. he tried to get his guys as much as he could.

The main problem is the coach cant vote for his own players.

Don't be too sensitive.  Just a little humor.  It's just unbelievable that the district champs did not receive one superlative award. That hasn't happen in many years.

Maybe this is the year they will bring back the 'RING'.

Please do not slight one player to prop up another....

Everyone on that list deserves to be where they are period!!!  The coaches came up with that list... voting for your own player is irrelevant.  The coaches in 21-3A are all class acts, and I have a hard time believing all the "politics" garbage.

BC was 13-1 because they had the best"team" during district play.  This should not play into consideration at all when dealing with individual awards...  I know some will disagree with that... but it is my opinion...  These awards are not to celebrate team accomplishments... that is what the playoffs are for...