***All-District 21-3A Baseball Team***

If the original article was at all typical of the Orange Leader, I do not know why anyone would want to read it anyway.  Most grocery stores have that type of papers by the checkouts!

Don't read it then, I don't think anyone is forced to read a post on here, go get your paper from your local grocery store, some of us like to read the articles in the Orange Leader. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coop delete all that you want on this but for five minutes at least I want it out that I didnt get on this site for almost a week. I had no internet at my house and couldnt get on.

That is the reason its on Page 4 and why it took so long.

So there are the facts you obviously did not know yourself.

Thank you Gabe!  You had a right to question this activity that left Casey Jackson out.  Politics can be ugly.  I wish there were no Polls by Coaches--period--I think more people get hurt by the fall-out.

Best of luck for your continuing dedication and coverage: a lot of folks agree with you on this issue.

Thank you Gabe!  You had a right to question this activity that left Casey Jackson out.  Politics can be ugly.  I wish there were no Polls by Coaches--period--I think more people get hurt by the fall-out.

Best of luck for your continuing dedication and coverage: a lot of folks agree with you on this issue.

I have had enough... I am going yell out something that may end this because apparently some people are not smart enough to read between the lines.

COACH BRYANT NEVER NOMINATED CASEY JACKSON FOR MVP.  THEREFORE NOBODY COULD VOTE FOR HIM.  DON'T BLAME THE OPPSOSING COACHES WHEN THE KIDS OWN COACH DIDN'T THINK ENOUGH TO NOMINATE HIM.  GO ASK BILLY FOR THE TRUTH!!!

Guest tigersvoice

I'm not clear on some things here.  In your innuendo, to what politics are your referring?  I thought all of the selections were based on votes by the coaches.  Has this been changed?  And for the superlative designations, doesn't each coach nominate his player if he feels that he has a worthy one?  Again, has this changed, too?  If this is still the process then where does the politics come in?  Are you suggesting that there is some back scratching (you vote for mine and I'll vote for yours) going on?  That may or may not be true.  But, in my opinion, the point here is that you can only vote on the nominees.  Was the player that you

fellows are so upset about nominated?  Seems to me that Gabe, instead of writing an editorial opinion on the evils of the selection, should have done some good ol' newspaper investigating and reported the facts as he was able to uncover them.  That could have been a real hum-dinger of an article.

Please excuse the modification but I left out a key part.  You wished that the coaches would have no polls.  I guess that you wish also that the coaches

were not the ones to make the All-District

selections.  Who would you want to make the selections; sports writers and parents?

As per another moderator this topic will be locked. It is done to start a new thread on the selections and to only congratulate the players selected.

I have personally talked to someone within HJ's team and hopefully resolved the issue between the only people who matter.

Congratulations to everyone and wish them well on the new thread.