If your team doesn't make the playoffs......

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is all according to what day the games are on and how deer season is going. I will watch PN-G if they are in the playoffs and Nederland is not. I might watch any other area team if the game is fairly close to home.

The Oilers have a real good team but they are far from a state champion team. You need to take a close look at 1A. There are some real good teams at that level. There are some very good teams that dropped down this year. Time will tell who knows what they are talking about. Good luck Oilers.

The Oilers have a real good team but they are far from a state champion team. You need to take a close look at 1A. There are some real good teams at that level. There are some very good teams that dropped down this year. Time will tell who knows what they are talking about. Good luck Oilers.

Ill follow any other Orange area team. Even though we fight like siblings. :lol:

I even was rooting for BC to beat Hutto :shock:

Dont tell anybody though :lol:

Guest ECBucFan

I can't imagine a 1A team with more depth than W-H. I bet they meet Alto down the road, and that winner has great shot at the title.

West Hardin Preview

West Hardin looks to be in great shape to win the district 24-1A championship in their first year in 1A. Coach Dave Westfall welcomes back 24 lettermen including 14 starters in 2006 after his team went 4-5 last year and 1-4 in a tough district 24-2A.

Offensively West Hardin will be very good with 7 starters back. Quarterback Brandon Letsinger returns after he completed 57 passes on 129 attempts for 814 yards and 9 touchdowns. The Oilers will also have a very potent running game with the return of tailback Zach Simmons. Last year Simmons rushed for 548 yards on 85 attempts and had 6 touchdowns. Both of these guys will be a big part of the Oiler’s success in their senior seasons. Also look for big things out of linebacker/fullback Patrick Kelley and wide receiver Tyler Copeland.

The Oilers also welcome back 7 starters on defense in 2006. Some of the defensive standouts in 2006 will be linebacker Patrick Kelley, nose guard Wyley Ener, linebacker Dominique Bennett, and defensive backs Mark Bell and Jared Tomlinson. The defense for West Hardin will be tough and they will make it very difficult for opposing offenses to move the ball. If the defense can hold teams in check and keep the Oiler offense on the field it will be very tough for teams to beat West Hardin.

West Hardin will face some tough competition in non-district play. They will open the 2006 season on the road against a very tough Groveton Indians team on September 1. In week 1 they host the Warren Warriors. The following week the Oilers welcome the Hardin Hornets to Saratoga. The last of a three game home stretch will pit the Oilers up against the Kountze Lions. They will also have a road matchup against Huntington on September 29. The Oilers open district 24-1A play at home against the Evadale Rebels on October 13. Fans have November 3 marked on their schedule as the 24-1A championship should be decided when West Hardin welcomes the Hull-Daisetta Bobcats. Here is the complete 2006 schedule for the West Hardin Oilers….

Sept. 1 @ Groveton

Sept. 8 Warren

Sept. 15 Hardin

Sept. 22 Kountze

Sept. 29 @ Huntington

Oct. 6 ???

Oct. 13 Evadale*

Oct. 20 @ Sabine Pass*

Oct. 27 OPEN

Nov. 3 Hull-Daisetta*

Nov. 10 @ High Island*

Chilton' date='Bremond????????????????? If you know 1A football do these teams ring a bell? 4.4 speed all over the field! not one guy about 8.[/quote']

Not bad.

How does West hardin(a 1A school) have so much depth? Are we talking about depth of players?

They will likely win there district. Besides H.D. a very weak district. Waiting up in east Texas are some 1-A schools that could beat some 2A and 3A schools. I hope W.H. has a great year but to say they will win a state championship is far fetched. West Hardin should be one of the biggest schools in 1A. I think basketball will be on there minds come mid Nov. There team should also be very good. JMO

They will likely win there district. Besides H.D. a very weak district. Waiting up in east Texas are some 1-A schools that could beat some 2A and 3A schools. I hope W.H. has a great year but to say they will win a state championship is far fetched. West Hardin should be one of the biggest schools in 1A. I think basketball will be on there minds come mid Nov. There team should also be very good. JMO

Well, I have heard about them from the 2A ranks over the past few, and now they are 1A :shock: :shock:

Im not trying to dump on my team, but we for sure were going to win state our first year of 3A. Look what happened. Just cause these schools have less enrollment, doesnt mean they have any less talent.

You can only play 11 at one time :wink:

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder