Unconfirmed but likely true rumor

Guest mffl

What does Boutte bring to the table to help Lamar University?  Is it his innovative man to man offense?  You know...where the guards stack up behind the posts, then pop out?  Or his inovative zone offense, otherwise known as high/low?  Maybe his stall ball will translate well to the college game. 

Look Boutte has had a ton of success at the high school level.  As he should, because he has had a ton of super talent at the high school level.  Do you really think he would have had the same success if he coached Nederland, Port-Neches, or Lumberton all those years?  You think he takes any of those teams to state or regionals???  If so, you're nuts.  He does a good job with out of this world talent.  There are many area coaches that would have the same success (if not more) if they had the talent that Boutte has been blessed to coach over the years. 

Trust me, Lamar WILL NOT be calling Boutte begging for him to join the staff.  Just won't happen.  Roc will find a COLLEGE coach that he has previously worked with.  I'm sure he will make the right decision. 

By no means is this post meaning to degrade Boutte.  He has done a fine job over the years.  He's just not the savior some of you make him out to be.

Guest abovetherim

Guys, it is great everyone can express their thoughts here but let's don't cross the line of good taste. You are correct Lamar will not "beg" Coach Boutte to coach here but with several state championships to his credit he would be a valuable assist to any college.

I sure hope neither of you are coaches. I understand if you are a fan but coaches should always wish the best for other coaches as you guys don't get enough money for the jobs that you do.

Guest abovetherim

Just didn't want anyone to get upset. See the high school basketball forum. This forum is for opinions and chatting Lamar athletics so obviously not everyone will agree. I welcome the discussion about who is going to take Coach Aldrich place on the bench.

I'm sure Coach Roc will hire the right man for the job, whoever that might be.

Where was the poor taste in Aces's comments?  No disrespect to Boutte, but I just do not see what he would bring to the table.  LU runs a different offense and defense as stated.

Believe me at this point if they ask to talk to him he will listen seriously.

Guest tigersvoice

Where was the poor taste in Aces's comments?  No disrespect to Boutte, but I just do not see what he would bring to the table.  LU runs a different offense and defense as stated.

Everyone associated with highschool basketball in Southeast Texas has an opinion about Coach Boutte, so here is mine.  I can see that Coach Boutte is passionate about his profession; I believe that he loves what he is doing.  He runs the system that he runs because at the highschool level he is still "Teaching" basketball.  Granted, that with all the little dribblers programs, etc. that are prevalent in this area, the players are better players earlier in their lives than ever before, but, Coach Boutte is still teaching basketball to his highschool squad.  Now, if Coach Boutte were to step up to the college level I believe that his approach to the game would change somewhat.  Firstly, if he is an assistant in someone else's program, he will have agreed that he will coach the style that that program is playing.  If he were to step directly into a Head College Coaching position then he could coach his own style and I believe that his college style would not necessarily be the same highschool style that he now uses.  At the college level there would be less teaching of basketball than in highschool and more teaching of his scheme of basketball.  That scheme would be adapted to the talent that he inherited and then would morph to fit the talent that he acquired.  I personally believe that Coach Boutte has a great basketball mind and a gift in communicating with his players.  I believe that he would become as successful on the college level as he has been on the highschool level.  And for that reason (he has reached the pinnacle several times in highschool) I think he may be ready to step up.  I hope that step, when it comes, is up to the Lamar staff.

Everyone associated with highschool basketball in Southeast Texas has an opinion about Coach Boutte, so here is mine.  I can see that Coach Boutte is passionate about his profession; I believe that he loves what he is doing.  He runs the system that he runs because at the highschool level he is still "Teaching" basketball.  Granted, that with all the little dribblers programs, etc. that are prevalent in this area, the players are better players earlier in their lives than ever before, but, Coach Boutte is still teaching basketball to his highschool squad.  Now, if Coach Boutte were to step up to the college level I believe that his approach to the game would change somewhat.  Firstly, if he is an assistant in someone else's program, he will have agreed that he will coach the style that that program is playing.  If he were to step directly into a Head College Coaching position then he could coach his own style and I believe that his college style would not necessarily be the same highschool style that he now uses.  At the college level there would be less teaching of basketball than in highschool and more teaching of his scheme of basketball.  That scheme would be adapted to the talent that he inherited and then would morph to fit the talent that he acquired.  I personally believe that Coach Boutte has a great basketball mind and a gift in communicating with his players.  I believe that he would become as successful on the college level as he has been on the highschool level.  And for that reason (he has reached the pinnacle several times in highschool) I think he may be ready to step up.  I hope that step, when it comes, is up to the Lamar staff.

Amen

Billy Tubbs said back when coach roc was hired and we were waiting for Coach Roc to name a 3rd assistant (Bubba), that Boutte was worth too much for Lamar... but that was then.

Guest abovetherim

Hoopinsider, is Coach Aldrich and his wife working for the company owned by the father of a Lamar player? Is the company like scout.com, hoopmasters, rivals and those types of "private basketball business"?

Coach Aldrich is a really smart guy and I'm sure he'll be successful in whatever field he chooses. Best of luck to him and his wife.

Hoopinsider, is Coach Aldrich and his wife working for the company owned by the father of a Lamar player? Is the company like scout.com, hoopmasters, rivals and those types of "private basketball business"?

Coach Aldrich is a really smart guy and I'm sure he'll be successful in whatever field he chooses. Best of luck to him and his wife.

If Boutee joins the LU staff, I will wear a red jacket ..........hmmm, no! I will buy season tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!

If Boutee joins the LU staff, I will wear a red jacket ..........hmmm, no! I will buy season tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha i would have to see it to believe all that.

Great things are happening at Lamar right now. It is the perfect time for both parties!!!!!

I don't get it.  Boutte is a high school coach and you are getting all excited wanting him to coach at LU?  Makes no sense.  He should be begging Lamar to give him a shot to move up...not the other way around.

Great things are happening at Lamar right now. It is the perfect time for both parties!!!!!

I don't get it.  Boutte is a high school coach and you are getting all excited wanting him to coach at LU?  Makes no sense.  He should be begging Lamar to give him a shot to move up...not the other way around.

Both Boutte and Lamar would benefit greatly from each other, neither should have to beg but neither should be so blind not to see the benefit.

Boutte could help raising Lamar Signing players by 1 and in some cases 2 stars.

Both Boutte and Lamar would benefit greatly from each other, neither should have to beg but neither should be so blind not to see the benefit.

Boutte could help raising Lamar Signing players by 1 and in some cases 2 stars.

agreed! I think recruiting is where he'd be most valuable.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami