****Neumann Stays At Nederland!****

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vincent had the #1 defense last yr in their district.

Team Defense

School Passing Rushing Avg.

Flower Mound Marcus 1500 1429 244.0

Lewisville 2009 1297 275.6

Coppell 1685 1205 289.0

Flower Mound 1905 1700 327.8

Carrollton Newman Smith 1534 1761 329.6

Hebron 1732 2979 336.4

Carrollton Creekview 1841 1783 362.4

Carrollton R.L. Turner 1707 2679 438.6

One must consider something when looking at the record of the five finalists....

The following coaches had similar records prior to coming to La Marque.

There is one hicup in the list. Larry Nowotny was thrown to the wolves after the sudden death of Hugh Massey. Huge shoes to fill.

Records are not always what make the coach....

It's what he can do with the talent available that makes the coach

Most coaches in the list as shown below, realized that when they came to La Marque

Double digit wins.... that's the key, double digit wins

Hugh Massey:

1983 6-4-0

1984 5-5-0

1985 8-3-0*

1986 12-1-0*

Larry Nowotney:

1986 2-1-0*

1987 7-3-2*

1988 5-4-0

1989 3-6-1

Alan Weddell:

1990 9-3-0*

1991 10-2-0*

1992 12-1-0*

1993 14-1-0*

1994 15-1-0*

1995 16-0-0*

1996 14-2-0*

1997 13-3-0*

Larry Walker:

1998 13-1-0*

1999 11-2-0*

2000 10-4-0*

2001 9-3-0*

Bryan Erwin:

2002 11-3-0*

2003 16-0-0*

2004 11-3-0*

2005 12-1-0*

2006 15-1-0*

Update on Gary Mullins... he was the DC when Grapevine won both of their State Championships and the starting QB for the Houston Cougars from 69-71.

Won the '96 4A Div 1 Championship over Hays Consolidated, 34-19. Shut out a good Bay City team in the '98 State Championship, 22-0.

April 10th is board Meeting.

That is bad for whichever team ends up coachless.  That only leave about 4 months for some school to find a new HC (and maybe a new HC/AD) and get ready for two-a-days. 

Two thumbs down to the LM administrators for dragging this thing out. 

Can't really be down on LM's administration.  Why should they care about other programs?  They are looking out for themselves as any school would.  It is the coaches who are looking to leave. 

I have always felt Nederland was a less talented team than many in the area but were very disciplined and fundamentally sound.  You have not seen a lot of mistakes.  If Neumann does leave Nederland must find a strong leader or some lean years could be in store.

Guest Nederland Bulldogs

Yes james but he may want a ring before he retires and how do we know Nederland will fork over the money?

What Coach in America would not want a ring. He will get the money to keep him in Nederland and there is no guarantee he would win a championship at LaMarque anyway. From what I'm reading and hearing they are going to be down in talent next year. I say he stays because Nederland does the right thing and brings his salary up to par!!! Our school board will get it right.

What Coach in America would not want a ring. He will get the money to keep him in Nederland and there is no guarantee he would win a championship at LaMarque anyway. From what I'm reading and hearing they are going to be down in talent next year. I say he stays because Nederland does the right thing and brings his salary up to par!!! Our school board will get it right.

That's all relative though. I'm sure they'll still be more talented than most. I hope he stays at NED for continuity's sake with what ya'll have returning. But LM is still very talented even on a down year and I would like to see what he could do with them.

When Coog Nation replies that the talent is down, we mean experience, the speed will always be in La Marque.  All our JV's were taken off the varsity and placed on the JV squad for reasons unknown. If you look at the 9th graders you would think they are 11th and 12th graders, they are just that huge, but  that does not equate to playing on a varsity level. Coach Nuemann or Coach Vincent would be good choices, further more if Coach ErWIN had coached last year's team the outcome I'm sure would have extended more than two rounds in the playoffs, so DOWN does not mean having a down year it will be experience.  Coach Nuemann or Coach Vincent will WIN a State title in La Marque.

When Coog Nation replies that the talent is down, we mean experience, the speed will always be in La Marque.  All our JV's were taken off the varsity and placed on the JV squad for reasons unknown. If you look at the 9th graders you would think they are 11th and 12th graders, they are just that huge, but  that does not equate to playing on a varsity level. Coach Nuemann or Coach Vincent would be good choices, further more if Coach ErWIN had coached last year's team the outcome I'm sure would have extended more than two rounds in the playoffs, so DOWN does not mean having a down year it will be experience.  Coach Nuemann or Coach Vincent will WIN a State title in La Marque.

I agree.....Based on previous teams I thought 2006 was a down year.....and LM still won a championship.......

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83