Rockets vs. Boston Game Thread/Streak Ends!

Guest DickVitale
:D :D LOL @ "Jesus Shuttlesworth"! That was the worst bit of acting that I have ever seen...Glad Ray Allen had another career....He was making DENZEL look bad in "He Got Game"....It was atrocious acting by Allen...LOL :D :D :D

Celtics played stellar defense all night.  T-Mac was bottled like a genie.  They played great defense on out pick and roll and they switched great on our screens that we like to do.  it also didn't help that he had horrible spacing either.  On offense, that Powe dude off the bench was the X factor.  He came to play.  Of course we had no answer for 'the big ticket' or Pierce. 

With that being said, T-Mac, I know u been trusting your teammates on this streak.  But in a game like this, you have to take over like I know you can.  This game would have been a lot closer.

Haven't had much of a chance to see Kendrick Perkins play, as we dont see the Celtics much, but he looks really good! Seems to be a great defensive player!

If you just look at his stats, it wouldn't appear that Perkins plays a big role in the Celtics' success.  When you watch him play, however, you see just how valuable a player he is to them.  His interior defense is huge, and his hustle play and ability to clean up the scraps down low are important as well.  He may never average 20 points a game, but the Celtics are where they are today in part because of his play.

As for the game itself, the Celts made the Rockets look pretty average.  Keep in mind that this was the second game in two days for the Celtics after a hard-fought win over the Spurs the night before.  The streak was impressive, but I still find it hard to believe that the Rockets are good enough to advance in the playoffs over one of the top-tier teams.  Hopefully they can prove me wrong.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• Tim Erickson from Orangefield….
    • Lucky for Orangefield there’s only 3 games max to play.    Someone said they had a pitcher or 2 throw 90’s but I don’t know that for a fact.  Rumors.   it appears that Orangefield will see some faster pitchers this round. Generally speaking I haven’t been too impressed with Orangefield opponents pitching. Only pitcher so far that was fast (92 mph) was vs Woodville in first game & Orangefield got several runs off of him.    Looking for a good series with no injuries for both teams. 
    • Apologies if this is a stupid question, but why would they just not renew his contract for the 24/25 school year if he had multiple write-ups? I know teachers and paraprofessionals don't get their contract renewed if their performance is bad enough - are coaches' contract situations different?
    • “We have incredible evidence that it’s gain-of-function research again being done in US laboratories.” “𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐟𝐥𝐮 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞, 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐗, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐥𝐨𝐛𝐚𝐥 𝐕𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐀𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐗 — 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐟 𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐜𝐲𝐜𝐥𝐞.”
    • It’s very difficult to fire an educator.  It’s not difficult to reassign them and put them in a situation where they’re likely to leave on their own.  I’m not sure of the legality of exposing an employee’s work records, but it seems likely it’s not allowed if nothing criminal took place.  
  • Topics