Lamar recruiting local kids

I think Yoshika was even looked at by Oklahoma.... I for one wish the would look at talent closer to our area, I dont think they have to go to spain or california...BTW....Your Karma is safe with me, Its just your opinion.....I just wish they would recruit closer to home, I think they miss the boat some times becuase they are use to going off far. Maybe with the new addition to the coaching staff that will change. ;D

ok, I have to ask. If Lamar is overlooking KK and blowing it by not recruiting her, what other schools D-1 or otherwise are recruiting her?

Seems like Coach Ancelot would be familiar with her capabilities

I'm hearing...Sam Houston, McNeese, New Orleans and possibly UTA. I believe she will go juco though so she will continue to play all the time and then transfer to a D1 after that. I think that's best for her, but if she does go D1 and it's not Lamar, I hope she goes to a team that plays Lamar so she can put it on them. She has that "it" factor that you can't coach, so Lamar passing on her blows my mind. She would be the 2nd best shooter on that Lamar team right now. If she was 4 inches taller it wouldn't be an issue. Stupid move by Lamar if you ask me!!!

ok, I have to ask. If Lamar is overlooking KK and blowing it by not recruiting her, what other schools D-1 or otherwise are recruiting her?

I'm hearing...Sam Houston, McNeese, New Orleans and possibly UTA. I believe she will go juco though so she will continue to play all the time and then transfer to a D1 after that. I think that's best for her, but if she does go D1 and it's not Lamar, I hope she goes to a team that plays Lamar so she can put it on them. She has that "it" factor that you can't coach, so Lamar passing on her blows my mind. She would be the 2nd best shooter on that Lamar team right now. If she was 4 inches taller it wouldn't be an issue. Stupid move by Lamar if you ask me!!!

Very stupid!

Same for me.

I agree with everyone that thinks Lamar should recruit closer to the area. We have so much talent right now and up coming teams. KK and KB are two perfect examples. I have seen both of them play. Who ever posted that stupid quote that KK should try to shoot a layup with her left hand needs to get a life. It's amazing how people post stuff on here they dont even know about. Before anyone talks about some ones skill level they should go watch a few games.

Guest abovetherim

Did you apply for the Lamar job? The women just had their fist winning season since 1991 and you people want to tell the coaching staff who they should recruit. They will have a Top 25 recruiting class this year. I think they know what they are going. Plus, isn't the ex coach for Orangefield on the staff and aren't they going to sign arguably the beast player in the area.

I know K. Little is a great player but there are just so many scholarships to give out. Then at the end of the day are you guys responsible for producing a winning season, winning the conference championship and advancing to a postseason tournament. I think not. Coach Tidwell is.

What you would not have signed Tamara Abalde this past season? She was 1st Team All-SLC and Freshman of the year. Coach Tidwell has signed three players just as good or better than her and you guys and gals are upset that they aren't signing more players from SE Texas.

Give me a break.

Did you apply for the Lamar job? The women just had their fist winning season since 1991 and you people want to tell the coaching staff who they should recruit. They will have a Top 25 recruiting class this year. I think they know what they are going. Plus, isn't the ex coach for Orangefield on the staff and aren't they going to sign arguably the beast player in the area.

I know K. Little is a great player but there are just so many scholarships to give out. Then at the end of the day are you guys responsible for producing a winning season, winning the conference championship and advancing to a postseason tournament. I think not. Coach Tidwell is.

What you would not have signed Tamara Abalde this past season? She was 1st Team All-SLC and Freshman of the year. Coach Tidwell has signed three players just as good or better than her and you guys and gals are upset that they aren't signing more players from SE Texas.

Give me a break.

Kudos to this post. Couldn't agree more, abtr.

Guest bleed orange

I appreciate the kind words about my daughter. But her name needs to dropped from this conversation.  I agree Lamar knows what they are doing. It does not bother me or my daughter that Lamar is not recruiting her. She will play where ever she is given the opportunity. Now, if she is not given that opportunity then an injustice has been done. I firmly believe that and that's not because she is my daughter. Like I said in a earlier post I am prepared to pay for my daughters college. Because plain and simple she wants to play basketball.

Guest abovetherim

19-13 with a first year HC and only two players with DI experience and then only Brittney Williams with a lot of DI experience. Matter of fact, Coach Tidwell hasn't been at Lamar University for 12 months yet.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics