21-3a All District

glove4x

Stang, I used to work at MacAuthur Sonic and still know a few people who work there!!  :D

The ref in question, kept warning just the Navastoa team that he would have to start calling fouls if they didn't stop fouling, or 3 seconds in the lane, or traveling.  This came from my sister, who fouled out in overtime...Oh her last foul yeah he called it too.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch out Orangefield posters, you used the "racial" word, the NAACP will be on the lookout for you.  They are the only ones that can cry foul on a racial issue.

And if you weren't at the game you really have no idea what took place. Racial or not, it was a raw deal to send those girls home by an official who crossed the line and abused his authority.

My Oh My....I seriously was not going to post on this particular topic because I absolutely do not have a dog in the hunt, nor do I have a child in an Orangefield school, but since others have given their 2 cents worth.....

First off, I've been watching these kids play ball for a long time, as my daughter previously played AAU ball for "Coach Wanna Be", and this was really a no brainer.  This is the exact same scenario that was done to Christina Jaques in the softball picks last year.  (and NO, I don't have a kid in Bridge City either)  Very same thing, no difference.

Secondly, back when my daughter (who is out of school) played basketball, she learned more from Bobcat4life, THE "coach wanna be", than anybody else, bar none.  Little Dribblers, Jr High or High School coaches combined.

There are some posters here who ALWAYS have an opinion relative to Orangefield's players, parents and posters.  That isn't an excuse or paranoia, it's just fact. 

Well thanks Pluto, not even sure who you are but I appreciate the compliment.  In fact, I added it up the other day and I have coached in excess of 1,000 kids in the last 15 years.  I enjoy it tremendously.  And before anyone freaks out, I can tell you that Bleed is not at all racially biased.  A couple of years ago, when I was coaching the AAU team that consisted of both Brittany's from WOS, Janae and Memri Carmen from H-F, (her mom was my assistant coach and is one of the finest people I know) we played an inner city black team from Dallas.  The ref's were from the same area.  They shot 35 free throws to our 2.  We still won the game, but my point is that what Bleed is saying is few and far between, but it happens.  I am sure that it has happened with white refs too, but no matter what IT IS WRONG.  I think that is all Bleed is saying. It is easy to paint everyone from a predominantly white area or all black area as racially biased, but the truth is that just isn't the case.  In fact, my daughter used to tell everyone that B Scott was my second daughter.  Does that sound like she is biased? And I don't have one thing against Ang Green, in fact, I bet she doesn't even know it but a couple of years ago I paid of her and another Silsbee player to travel with a good friend of mine from Lubbock on their AAU team, without even knowing either kid.  So lets just call it like it is, IT IS MY HUMBLE OPINION THAT KK IS HANDS DOWN THE MVP OF THE DISTRICT, AND I COULD CARE LESS WHAT THE COACHES SAID AS THEIR DEGREE IN MATH OR HISTORY OR WHATEVER DOESN'T MAKE THEM BASKETBALL COACHES!

Well thanks Pluto, not even sure who you are but I appreciate the compliment.  In fact, I added it up the other day and I have coached in excess of 1,000 kids in the last 15 years.  I enjoy it tremendously.  And before anyone freaks out, I can tell you that Bleed is not at all racially biased.  A couple of years ago, when I was coaching the AAU team that consisted of both Brittany's from WOS, Janae and Memri Carmen from H-F, (her mom was my assistant coach and is one of the finest people I know) we played an inner city black team from Dallas.  The ref's were from the same area.  They shot 35 free throws to our 2.  We still won the game, but my point is that what Bleed is saying is few and far between, but it happens.  I am sure that it has happened with white refs too, but no matter what IT IS WRONG.  I think that is all Bleed is saying. It is easy to paint everyone from a predominantly white area or all black area as racially biased, but the truth is that just isn't the case.  In fact, my daughter used to tell everyone that B Scott was my second daughter.  Does that sound like she is biased? And I don't have one thing against Ang Green, in fact, I bet she doesn't even know it but a couple of years ago I paid of her and another Silsbee player to travel with a good friend of mine from Lubbock on their AAU team, without even knowing either kid.  So lets just call it like it is, IT IS MY HUMBLE OPINION THAT KK IS HANDS DOWN THE MVP OF THE DISTRICT, AND I COULD CARE LESS WHAT THE COACHES SAID AS THEIR DEGREE IN MATH OR HISTORY OR WHATEVER DOESN'T MAKE THEM BASKETBALL COACHES!

Let's not paint everyone with the same brush.....  I feel the same, but the coaches voted and thats it..... let it die...

I have sit back and read this board laughing at some of the post but I bet the Grren girl now knows you paid her way what a hero.  Lets give you the pat on the back you deserve because when you do nice things for others you should never have to look for praise.  That comment was uncalled for and I hope that the children you paid for or any of their families do not read this board.  I can only hope that people who have helped my children out are not out there looking for glory.

Guest bleed orange

I have sit back and read this board laughing at some of the post but I bet the Grren girl now knows you paid her way what a hero.  Lets give you the pat on the back you deserve because when you do nice things for others you should never have to look for praise.  That comment was uncalled for and I hope that the children you paid for or any of their families do not read this board.  I can only hope that people who have helped my children out are not out there looking for glory.

You don't know what you are talking about. He was only stating he was not racially bais. He paid for my child and I am thankful and I told him so.

You don't know what you are talking about. He was only stating he was not racially bais. He paid for my child and I am thankful and I told him so.

We are totally off topic here but, you people know nothing about this guy.  While I have not always agreed with everything he does or his tactics, and have certainly butted heads with him over many issues, he's still a big hearted person.  Regardless of what any of you might think.  You don't know him or his family the way that some of us do.  I can tell you that once he gave me several hundred dollars to buy an economically disadvantaged child new school clothes and shoes.  When he brought me the money, he asked me to please not tell the child or her parents where the money came from and to just let them think that I had done it myself.  That was probably about 6 or 7 years ago and those people still don't know.  He never got the pat on the back or thanked for it (other than from myself, which doesn't really matter).  He has given many kids jobs, taken in troubled teenagers and worked with them.  It doesn't take a college degree to be a teacher or coach.  You all missed the point.

Cardfan you are clueless, the girl still doesn't know who I am.  I have never met her personally.  If you told her who I was she wouldn't know me.  The POINT is that I believe KK got the shaft on the MVP.  I have never looked for pats on the back from a message board.  You have no idea who I am, so crawl back under a rock....

For those of you that thinks, for whatever reason, that one play, or one call, etc.... or one anything doesn't make a difference in a game, I will try and make it very simple for you.  If the knuckleheaded, racist ref did not call a tech on OF's bench for celebrating after a VICTORY with the PHATOM 1 second on the clock then who wins the game.    I will tell you "ORANGEFIELD"!!!!!!  If you think that was a fair call on the  Orangefield girls, after they fought back so valiantly to WIN the game then you are an "IDIOT".  One call can and did make a difference.  One bad, fictitious, moronic call by a worthless racist cost OF girls their dream season!!!!! 

Wasn't going to saying anything on this thread but got tired of BS comments by some (I said some not all) posters on this thread. 

So big boy who are you or do you think I really care.  You proved the point telling someone to crawl under a rock you are really classy.  I have done nothing but wish your girls well and still wish them well.  I understand a tough loss but it is part of life and to keep making excusses is teaching our youth that we can always blame others.  I dont believe you are the only team in history with a bad call.

Now it does not matter if the girl knows who you are or not what matters is maybe kids who get good deads done for them may not want everyone to know.  Kids can be so hateful.  Think about it and maybe you will get the very simple point I am making.