Lumberton's Cody Hussey

Guest BIG HOUSE

This kid can flat-out play football!!  Would love to have seen him go to a larger program and believe me, I'm not taking anything away from the ride he's got.  It's weird, this guy, in my opinion, could have started for anyone in Lumberton's district.  Anyway, good job Hussey!  Show em what you're made of and good luck in with your future.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BIG HOUSE

Hussey said he will sign Monday @ the high school....He also said that everyone did all they could to help keep him close to home or to get to a larger school,its just not in the cards...He even said that there were some other coaches from other schools trying to pull strings,but he said that he is ok with the offer he got.........

TVC, you are sharp... karma for you bud.  It was a joke, I know Credeur is a stand up guy, the arguement that has been made like you said is poor.

Thanks.

I get sarcastic on here and go for the dry sense of humor and it is surprising how many people miss it. It seems fairly easy to spot for me... maybe since I do the same thing to make a point.    ;D

We should all trash the Lumberton coaches for not getting him a better scholarship....

Congrats to this young man and good luck.

you feel stupid yet? notice, your the only one trashing them. For one, Lumberton plays as a team, our goals aren't to get 5 guys to the next level like ozen and central. we play as a TEAM, therefore, we MIGHT only have 1 or 2 each year.. if that. And TWO, there is only so much a coach can do, he just doesn't have D1 size, and he knows that..

quit hating because we have athletes and yall only can get two players in college a year the fact of the matter is the players over there are not as good as they're hyped up to be and college coaches arent impressed either so Aj quit hating and get used to it lumberton wont have a player D-1 ball for a very long time.lol

We should all trash the Lumberton coaches for not getting him a better scholarship....

you feel stupid yet? notice, your the only one trashing them. For one, Lumberton plays as a team, our goals aren't to get 5 guys to the next level like ozen and central. we play as a TEAM, therefore, we MIGHT only have 1 or 2 each year.. if that. And TWO, there is only so much a coach can do, he just doesn't have D1 size, and he knows that..

quit hating because we have athletes and yall only can get two players in college a year the fact of the matter is the players over there are not as good as they're hyped up to be and college coaches arent impressed either so Aj quit hating and get used to it lumberton wont have a player D-1 ball for a very long time.lol

you act like we care one bit? and just so you know, jonathon ward went to texas state, which IS D1!!! and one question.. what was our record this year and what was ya'lls? thank you. ya'll don't play as a team, lumberton does.

you act like we care one bit? and just so you know, jonathon ward went to texas state, which IS D1!!! and one question.. what was our record this year and what was ya'lls? thank you. ya'll don't play as a team, lumberton does.

o wow yall went to the playoffs for the 1st time in a billion years way to go Ozen has always had a winning tradition

First of all Congrats to Cody for the excellent season, and I wish him the best of luck at OPSU! ozensfinest why do you even post when you have no sense of knowledge about high school football and about the Lumberton football team? High school football isn't about who has the most athletes but who comes together as a team and plays as a team. No dough in my mind Ozen has way better athletes than Lumberton, but do you know why they pretty much bent yall over? TEAM EFFORT! Everyone of thoughs guys laid it on the line each and every play, and thats what makes Lumberton so darn good. Ozen in the other hand was fighting with each other on the field. No team unity. And by the way 2 of Lumbertons players for 2009 are getting highly recruited. 6'5, 285 OL Hunter Howden, and 6'0 210 RB/LB Jacob Hanna. Both of these guys will go Div.1 next year. And not to mention 6'0 210 RB/LB Anthony Beard for the class of 2010. After these guys pass I don't think their will be any Div.1 players for a while. And once again Congrats to Cody Hussey! well deserved young man

First of all Congrats to Cody for the excellent season, and I wish him the best of luck at OPSU! ozensfinest why do you even post when you have no sense of knowledge about high school football and about the Lumberton football team? High school football isn't about who has the most athletes but who comes together as a team and plays as a team. No dough in my mind Ozen has way better athletes than Lumberton, but do you know why they pretty much bent yall over? TEAM EFFORT! Everyone of thoughs guys laid it on the line each and every play, and thats what makes Lumberton so darn good. Ozen in the other hand was fighting with each other on the field. No team unity. And by the way 2 of Lumbertons players for 2009 are getting highly recruited. 6'5, 285 OL Hunter Howden, and 6'0 210 RB/LB Jacob Hanna. Both of these guys will go Div.1 next year. And not to mention 6'0 210 RB/LB Anthony Beard for the class of 2010. After these guys pass I don't think their will be any Div.1 players for a while. And once again Congrats to Cody Hussey! well deserved young man

none of them will go D-1...........you can play as a team and have a sucessful season but in the end what are those guys purposes for busting their butts on the field i know they want to get something out of it not jus a good playoff run i know if  you are any good in football you want to go and play at the next level and thats something that lumberton fail to do with their players...........only two players going play college ball thats sad

I have to agree with ozensfinest as far as no matter how far u go in the playoffs if it doesn't generate scholarships then its now accomplishing much. Take e.c. For an example this year we didn't have half the season lumberton had school is less than half the size of lumbertons and yet we turn out two d-11 scholarships so how much more r the athletes in lumberton accomplishing? On the other hand I don't think there's a question about anthony beard going d-1 hell at the rate he's going rite now I can c him playin nfl in a few years

Howden and Beard will be D-1 players and Gilliam and Hanna will go somewhere probably 1-AA or D-2 and you people on here who think that the only reason to play highschool sports is to get a scholarship then you must have not been very successful or you really didnt enjoy playing. You play sports because you enjoy playing them and the bond that you have with your teamates and coaches is one that never goes away. The fact that Lumberton is only gonna have 2 guys get scholarships is a testment to how hard the kids played and how well the coaches coach. EC probably does have more Talent than Lumberton and most teams they played this year but couldnt get past the first round. Ozen has more talent than most teams in the Greater Houston area but they dont play very hard, argue with each other and are becoming a joke really. Schools that are always successful have the attitude that Lumberton is working on developing. I suggest that if yall want yalls team to become more successful then you might wanna quit worrying about scholarships and start worrying about working hard and careing about your teammates.

Guest BIG HOUSE

Yes Lumberton will only have 2-kids sign this year,but they will continue to sign more and more.......As far as Ozen and Central signing more than Lumberton,well it must just be based on size and speed.....because when we played them,I personally didn't see, no not 1 very outstanding player.......as far as Hussey,well he showed that he can play with all these superstars from these other schools ;) ;)

If playing football or any sport were only about players playing to get scholarships...has it come to that?

It's not only about the few on each team that get scholarships. It's about every player who plays because they love the game and want to play. If a scholarship happens...great! If not, at least you can say you had fun and did what you enjoyed in high school. It will give you and your buddies something to talk about for years :D.

Lumberton only had a couple get scholarships...yet went further in the playoffs this year than teams with more students getting scholarships.

Why is that?? IMO, if a team has that many players getting scholarships, they should have dominated on the field. But they didn't. Again, why?

You can say that our playoff run didn't accomplish much because it didn't produce more scholarships...but I don't agree. Sure, more scholarships would've been nice. But, I think, what that TEAM accomplished means more than some getting scholarships. And besides, some of the ones that contributed the most were only Jrs and Soph...

Sure all that is great and probably the best reasons to play h.s. Sports but when your sitting in ur home town a year or two after u graduate talking about how great it was for a year or two. How much did u really get out of it?

exactly buc............take southlake carrol and katy for example they have great way better seasons than lumberton and still manage to send three to four players to D-1 schools...........IMO, the reason lumberton isnt sending many players to college is because those guys arent as good as hyped up to be

Most of you don't have a clue how hard it is to get any kind of football scholarship - D1 schools can only offer a total of 85 scholarships combined (Fr - Sr).  There are over 100,000 kids playing high school football in Texas alone, not to mention the rest of the US.  Getting to play anywhere at the next level is a tremendous honor.  Congrats Cody and good luck to you.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami