Central vs Barbers Hill

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DickVitale

DickieV...why do you have to make every issue on here a black vs. white thing?  Someone can't say one team is more disciplined than the other (in their opinion) without you bringing up racism.  That is pretty weak.  And you mean to tell me you can't tell what players or teams play with more passion than others?  If thats the case, you should have never been in coaching to begin with. 

And I don't want to even try to argue why it's important to box out.  If you don't realize that...well I don't know what to say. 

CAN ANY OF YOU PEOPLE READ?? I said that all of those things are important, but you cannot coach ROBOTS!! Basketball players have to make basketball PLAYS! You know what?...I forgot...This would do me NO good to explain, because some of you just would not get it..ever...Enjoy the games...

Well BH is no more discipline than the Jags...  The execution by the Jags is great.. The only team that has pushed them out of wack is Ozen in the second meeting...  They have scored effectively and are one of the best rebounding teams in the district...  The games that they have lost in district was on part by the defense...  The fact is Dayton and LCM went on a roll in January - February and came up with ome big wins after the Jags were demoarlized by the Panthers...  By far this is the best coaching job by Rice and some of the most discipline well mannered kids that he has had...  AND if you play with passion a kid could "whine" as some of you say about a call...  But the passion of the moment and the game might be the reason and not because he is un-discipline...  BH is in for a rude awakening if they think by any means that this Jag team will lose due to dicsipline or passion...  If the Jags lose it will be due to youth in the guard position which at times play like their age... Sophmore PG and Juniors...  Because the young players don't play undiscipline but they do make young mistakes....

Guest DickVitale

You CANNOT gage which team is more PASSIONATE!! That is so lame! HOW CAN you gage that? HOW? Passion comes from within, and you can't tell who is more passionate just by watching them play... ::)

Guest DickVitale

teamfirst...Can you tell how passionate a guy is about his girlfriend or wife just by watching them hold hands in the mall? Same principle here...You can't gage it, cause you really do not know HOW passionate they really are or are not...They COULD just be going through the motions...You can't tell, can you?

if i wanted to talk about couples, i would talk with my girl. It is very easy to tell which team or players is more passionate. Sorry.

Dickie 50 people in a marching band and u are the only one out of step. I have a feeling that u blamed it on the other 49, claiming u where the one who was not out of step

Guest DickVitale

if i wanted to talk about couples, i would talk with my girl. It is very easy to tell which team or players is more passionate. Sorry.

Dickie 50 people in a marching band and u are the only one out of step. I have a feeling that u blamed it on the other 49, claiming u where the one who was not out of step

WHAT?? OK whatever, just agree to disagree on that one...CATMAN I WAS going to Alvin to see Brazosport and Terry, but you know what...I am going to support my big brother in Baytown tonight...Coop are you going to Baytown or Barbers Hill with the broadcast team? CATMAN, I am looking for YOU!! ;) ;)..We need to "talk" some things out!! 8)

Guest DickVitale

It was actually a good game...a really good game...#2 for BH was KILLING them all night! Fact is, they never really adjusted to him, and just allowed him to pretty much do what he wanted..Gulley could not get into a rhythm due to picking up 2 fouls late in the first, but, I have to call a spade a spade on this one.....Big bro sat him the entire second quarter and THAT hurt their momentum...sorry...His assistants probably should have said something too, but it all falls on the head coach at the end of the day.  Officiating was about what I expected, especially early on...BH was playing DIRTY, especially that #34...With both teams playing man defense the foul count in the first half was like 9-2, Central, and that was just awful....I thought they should have gone inside more to #33, and even though Central's #10 was hot early, he HURT them a lot, especially in the end with that unforced turnover...Our coaching philosophies are different...I would have let Gulley and #33 KILL them all night long on the low block...They had nothing for them...They were trying to dribble penetrate and BH did a good job of collapsing and drawing charges at times...When it DID get inside, they scored or went to the line...about 85% of the time...Just my take.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    napeba
    Newest Member
    napeba