Central vs Barbers Hill

Guest DickVitale

Well, its not a true art to "blowing teams out", They just have to learn how to finish teams off..See basketball is a game of runs...One team will put a run together, then the other, over, and over again...At the end of games you must learn how to close teams out, and eliminate their shot at a final run...PUT THEM AWAY...Make your free throws, limit turnovers, and control the TEMPO...The clock must become YOUR friend and not your enemy in the 4th....Man, I am really showing off my GURU skills right about now!! ;D ;D

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, its not a true art to "blowing teams out", They just have to learn how to finish teams off..See basketball is a game of runs...One team will put a run together, then the other, over, and over again...At the end of games you must learn how to close teams out, and eliminate their shot at a final run...PUT THEM AWAY...Make your free throws, limit turnovers, and control the TEMPO...The clock must become YOUR friend and not your enemy in the 4th....Man, I am really showing off my GURU skills right about now!! ;D ;D

Yeah it is also about closing out games and playing all 32 minutes... Something my Jags fail to do at times... BUT BH BETTR WATCH OUT!

HA HA :( :( :( :( :( :(

What are they "supposed" to do?  Play defense...shoot unguarded shots...play with passion???  These are things I saw them NOT do very well...

They lost to LCM!!! at home no less.  Not saying central isnt talented but BH beat Dayton by almost 30 (which central lost to) and according to sources close to BH, LCM got handled pretty easily at BH. Seems like to me, BH is the favorite.

when barbers hill playedd dayton, dayton only had 3 players that is actually on the varsity team now. The football team went so deep into playoffs that they played with JV players on there Varsity team. so that would explain why they won like they did.

Guest DickVitale

HA HA :( :( :( :( :( :(

More of my fans.... ::) ::)...CATMAN hates GURU's!

Playoffs in any sport are about three main areas, 1.  discipline -- advantage BH........  2.  coaching -- advantage BH........ and 3.  passion -- advantage BH

I still say close game but BH moves on, but of course that is an opinion from a fan of the game, I have only seen each team a couple of times.

Guest DickVitale

Playoffs in any sport are about three main areas, 1.  discipline -- advantage BH........  2.  coaching -- advantage BH........ and 3.  passion -- advantage BH

I still say close game but BH moves on, but of course that is an opinion from a fan of the game, I have only seen each team a couple of times.

Yeah you are DEFINITELY just a fan...How in the heck do you gage which team has more PASSION? How can you say that BH is more disciplined than Central? Wait I know why, nevermind, (dont want to stir THAT pot) but that is also nearly impossible to gage...and the coaching part, well, that is an opinion, which you are entitled to...Enjoy the game and good luck to your team.

Yeah you are DEFINITELY just a fan...How in the heck do you gage which team has more PASSION? How can you say that BH is more disciplined than Central? Wait I know why, nevermind, (dont want to stir THAT pot) but that is also nearly impossible to gage...and the coaching part, well, that is an opinion, which you are entitled to...Enjoy the game and good luck to your team.

I have seen BOTH teams play --on two occasions--and on each occasion BH was definately more disciplined(and it had nothing to do with the Dick Theory)---I do believe that Central has more talent and will win it in the end but BH will keep it very close with GREAT freethrow shooting in the final seconds

Guest DickVitale

I have seen BOTH teams play --on two occasions--and on each occasion BH was definately more disciplined(and it had nothing to do with the Dick Theory)---I do believe that Central has more talent and will win it in the end but BH will keep it very close with GREAT freethrow shooting in the final seconds

How in the heck did you gage THAT? Less color does not equal more discipline.

Guest DickVitale

dickie not everhing has to be about that.

I give the coaching edge to Calvin. That plus great talten equal central to win by 12

Why else would a casual fan/observer say "oh, they are more disciplined than they are" without ANY background knowledge of the teams other than what is obvious? You know why...

Hard to determine discipline by color, but not to hard if one has observed both teams...B -Hill is more disciplined than Central, does not mean they will win...Central has better individual overall talent and pretty good coaching...Passion is also easy to observe if you know what it means..my observation on a team in our area called Ozen has maybe the best discipline around year in and year out, " The Theory" should not be an issue...The team that goes out and executes the best, plays the hardest, and plays the smartest usually wins.  Still not a given...it's called BASKETBALL...and there are alot of factors involved.

Guest DickVitale

Hard to determine discipline by color, but not to hard if one has observed both teams...B -Hill is more disciplined than Central, does not mean they will win...Central has better individual overall talent and pretty good coaching...Passion is also easy to observe if you know what it means..my observation on a team in our area called Ozen has maybe the best discipline around year in and year out, " The Theory" should not be an issue...The team that goes out and executes the best, plays the hardest, and plays the smartest usually wins.  Still not a given...it's called BASKETBALL...and there are alot of factors involved.

I agree, but the passion thing....Missed me with that one..Why do you feel BH is more disciplined? Do they execute better? Do they say "yes sir" to the refs, and Central did not? How does the casual observer gage this? Please tell me.

yes discipline from the casual observer can be executing...but most of the time I notice shot selection, sticking to a game plan once one has figured it out...for example, if a team is going to play man and deny certain kids and not others, and if boxing out occurs on a regular basis, if kids behave like they are supposed to and not whining about calls, but just simply playing the game.  If a team breaks a press with the pass and does not try to dribble through it if they can not do so. maybe if a team makes the x-tra pass when called for or a team punches it inside if there is a height advantage, and then goes to the peremiter like Ozen did when they had " The Lottery at one time " kid...... just a few examples...Passion maybe the easiest to see though.....Duke is a great example..Playin hard and being excited about it is passionate, but like last night , does not mean VICTORY....

Guest DickVitale

Yes, and I get all of that, but I think it is impossible to gage who has more PASSION...Don't you? The Central kids want to win just like the BH kids, you know? As far as discipline goes, sometimes when that extra pass is NOT made you don't know if the coach is telling a kid to take over..Or they may be taught EVERY day to box out, but one kid who has superior athleticism, uses it from time to time, does not mean that he is un-disciplined...You get my point? Yeah, my Blue Devils gave one away last night too!! :(

As far as coaching, I think both teams will be well prepared by their staffs.  Both will play with passion.  I do think BH is more disciplined and here is why.  They are not as talented as Central yet they will compete with them amd might beat them.  They get everything they can out of their ability and that is discipline.  Just my opinion though.

Guest DickVitale

yes not doing what you are told, like boxing out is a sign of being un-disciplined. Becuase sooner or later, u will face another superior athlete, and the one who is more disciplined will probally win. Not always, but most of the time. In my opinion.

Yes this is true, but sometimes coaches must let players athleticism take over in CERTAIN situations...Not all of the time, but there are times when it can help you win games...Now if a kid boxes out properly and that athlete gets called for over the back at a crucial point, then yeah, it hurt..But what if that putback is crucial and no call is made? Who wins?

DickieV...why do you have to make every issue on here a black vs. white thing?  Someone can't say one team is more disciplined than the other (in their opinion) without you bringing up racism.  That is pretty weak.  And you mean to tell me you can't tell what players or teams play with more passion than others?  If thats the case, you should have never been in coaching to begin with. 

And I don't want to even try to argue why it's important to box out.  If you don't realize that...well I don't know what to say. 

DickieV...why do you have to make every issue on here a black vs. white thing?  Someone can't say one team is more disciplined than the other (in their opinion) without you bringing up racism.  That is pretty weak.  And you mean to tell me you can't tell what players or teams play with more passion than others?  If thats the case, you should have never been in coaching to begin with. 

And I don't want to even try to argue why it's important to box out.  If you don't realize that...well I don't know what to say. 

I do not have a dog in this fight--but will stand by my observation---BH is the more disciplined team--and if that hurts your feelings then so be it--DickV

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder