Silsbee vs. Jasper Predictions?

Yes I am from Silsbee......but, the thread states PREDICTIONS......not your favorite team, or who you want to win......all the back and forth over the Silsbee -v- HJ game was legit, either was capable of beating the other (as far as talent goes) if any team in this district were to beat Silsbee OR HJ.....it would simply be a fluke, and a 1 in who knows what odds.......

Silsbee wins this game going away, even after watching Silsbee beat Kville last night 110 - 50, it was obvious they weren't playing with the same intensity that they played with against HJ......a better example of this was Silsbee -v- Oragngefield at Silsbee, and I'm sure it is the same when HJ plays others......FACT is......Silsbee an HJ allow other games to be as close as they are, the credit goes to their lackidasical (sp) play rather than the ability of anyone else in this district......PERIOD!

Silsbee by as many or few as they want it to be! Yes.......even in YOUR house! IF jasper does win, it will be because Silsbee didn't take the game seriously......which I doubt will happen!

Yes I am from Silsbee......but, the thread states PREDICTIONS......not your favorite team, or who you want to win......all the back and forth over the Silsbee -v- HJ game was legit, either was capable of beating the other (as far as talent goes) if any team in this district were to beat Silsbee OR HJ.....it would simply be a fluke, and a 1 in who knows what odds.......

Silsbee wins this game going away, even after watching Silsbee beat Kville last night 110 - 50, it was obvious they weren't playing with the same intensity that they played with against HJ......a better example of this was Silsbee -v- Oragngefield at Silsbee, and I'm sure it is the same when HJ plays others......FACT is......Silsbee an HJ allow other games to be as close as they are, the credit goes to their lackidasical (sp) play rather than the ability of anyone else in this district......PERIOD!

Silsbee by as many or few as they want it to be! Yes.......even in YOUR house! IF jasper does win, it will be because Silsbee didn't take the game seriously......which I doubt will happen!

so if Silsbee were to lose a game "heaven forbid it"  it would be because Silsbee allowed it.  And since Silsbee may not take other teams seriously they can lose but not really lose because they didn't really care one way or another if they won or lost.  So when the playoffs arrive I hope that Silsbee is able to take the game seriously or they could be seriouisly looking at baseball.

:0

so if Silsbee were to lose a game "heaven forbid it"  it would be because Silsbee allowed it.  And since Silsbee may not take other teams seriously they can lose but not really lose because they didn't really care one way or another if they won or lost.  So when the playoffs arrive I hope that Silsbee is able to take the game seriously or they could be seriouisly looking at baseball.

:0

Not what i said.......I'm sure they will take the playoffs seriously, there are teams as good or better than Silsbee around the state, and they CAN be beat, on any given day.......Just not by anyone in this district, unless they falter......no one in this district comes anywhere close to the talent that Silsbee and HJ have PERIOD! You can have school pride and support your school an that's fine.......but facts are facts, to much talent and coaching from Silsbee and HJ!

Examples of that would Silsbee and HJ losing to Hudson.......Hudson is nowhere near the caliber team of Silsbee and HJ!

Guest larry mcgee

this is why god created sports. on any given night a average team can beat a good team. yes, silsbee is hands down the better team. that does not mean that jasper will not have an amazing night and shoots lights out.  if silsbee comes to play they will win with ease.

Silsbee by 15

Good luck to both squads

this is why god created sports. on any given night a average team can beat a good team. yes, silsbee is hands down the better team. that does not mean that jasper will not have an amazing night and shoots lights out.  if silsbee comes to play they will win with ease.

Silsbee by 15

Good luck to both squads

That's all I was saying! and stating that this isn't a who do you WANT to win thread......rather than a prediction thread!

Definition of Prediction - foretell on the basis of observation, experience, or scientific reason

With that said.....Silsbee Wins!

I guess you could predict and upset, but as stated below, you would be defying conventional wisdom!

Definition of Upset - Upset is a term used when referring to a competition, frequently in sports. When an upset occurs, the party popularly expected to win (the favorite) is defeated by an underdog the majority expects to lose, defying the conventional wisdom.

O.K. I guess what we are saying is that teams do not get better as the year progresses. Right? If you are the favorite today then you should be the favorite the whole year. Is that what you are saying? All I know is Jasper played HJ at a level that I haven't seen from any team in our district this year. Now that being said, Silsbee does have the better overall team as I think HJ does too, but I have seen a side of Jasper that I did not know existed, although it was for only 1 game. The question is: Has the team improved or was it a one game wonder? Can they repeat this performance is the question. If they do Silsbee will be in trouble, especially playing in Jasper. If not, Silsbee wins hands down. That's what a predictions is; a persons's guess. How each individual justifies his predictions is his own business and doesn't need to be scholled on how to do it.

O.K. I guess what we are saying is that teams do not get better as the year progresses. Right? If you are the favorite today then you should be the favorite the whole year. Is that what you are saying? All I know is Jasper played HJ at a level that I haven't seen from any team in our district this year. Now that being said, Silsbee does have the better overall team as I think HJ does too, but I have seen a side of Jasper that I did not know existed, although it was for only 1 game. The question is: Has the team improved or was it a one game wonder? Can they repeat this performance is the question. If they do Silsbee will be in trouble, especially playing in Jasper. If not, Silsbee wins hands down. That's what a predictions is; a persons's guess. How each individual justifies his predictions is his own business and doesn't need to be scholled on how to do it.

Easy, it was a one game wonder. But, you guys did only beat them by 12 the first time. Since that loss to HJ the first time, let's take a look at just what Jasper has done since then.

Lost to Silsbee 66-47 19 point loss that Silsbee was up by 27 with 2 minutes left, garbage time after that.

Beat Kirbyville 51-46 in OVERTIME! A team that Silsbee just beat by 60

Beat Orangefield 72-60 Good win, game was in Orangefield

Beat BC  69-61 JEEZ Silsbee beat this team by 49, 102-53

Beat HF 57-56 won it on a last second jumper,C'MON  Tigers beat the Longhorns by 68, 106-38

Beat WOS 68-57 we all know that WOS is just not that good this year, Silsbee beat them by 30 both times

Lost to HJ 87-80 Bulldogs played well in this one, but wasn't that much of a difference in the last game against HJ

What I am trying to say is this, Jasper is exactly who we thought they are, very streaky but inconsistant team that doesn't match up very well with a team like Silsbee. Tigers will win this one by 13 or more unless like Tiger 12 mentioned, Silsbee has a terrible game, then it could be closer. Case closed.

Guest nostradamus
Easy, it was a one game wonder. But, you guys did only beat them by 12 the first time.

HJ lead that game by 35 with two minutes to go in the half.  Starters Colby Sundgren and Trey Burrell did not play at all in this game due to the flu.  HJ's lack of depth due to illness was a major factor in the second half.

I can assure you, the Jasper guards are capable of going off on anyone.  They have shown a tendency to play to the level of their competition.  However, if their guards shoot the ball like they did Friday night it will be a great game in Jasper.  Bottom line, it is all about match-ups EVERY NIGHT, especially among the top four teams in the district.  Silsbee matches up well with Jasper because of their man to man defense.  That will be the factor that puts Silsbee over the top Tuesday night.  Bailey and Spikes will not get the looks they want against Silsbee's man defense.

Wrong....Teams do get better (all teams) not just YOUR team........I just think the stats and quality of wins that Silsbee has since the first meeting has proven that Silsbee has gotten better as the year progresses as well........the only problem Jasper has is Silsbee has progressed TWICE as much as Jasper......but you are playing at home, which should keep it in the low double digits, I say 15 - 20 points!

O.K. I get it now. All I needed was for you to spell it out for me. I should have taken your wisdom from the beginning. My fault on that one. Now lets see if I got it! I'm a HJ fan, not Jasper. So your wrong on that!! Now, I saw HJ beat Silsbee at HJ by 18. Then Silsbee beats HJ at Silsbee by 2 and HJ had no Burrell. So, by your standards of predictions if HJ gets Burrell back there is no way a Silsbee fan could predict Silsbee to win against HJ on a neutral court. It would be predicting who you wanted to win and not who should win, Right? It would be considered a upset. And you already know the definition of UPSET.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami