Who Has The Best Looking Uniforms In SE Texas?

Guest GoStangs

Can anyone tell me who designed the flying WO-S on the Mustang's helmets???

I've heard a few different stories, but I'm pretty sure Coach Foreman is the one who came up with the idea to use the Flying WOS on the Mustang helmets.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I LIKE NEDERLANDS ALL BLACK =HOME GAME UNIFORMS HELMETS OLG GOLD WITH AN OLD ENGLISH N WHEN THEY WEAR ALL BLACK THEY ARE THE HOME TEAM AND THE FANS HAVE A BLACK OUT AT THE GAME BY WEARING ALL BLACK THATS COOL, LOOKS GOOD IN THE STANDS

Well, the coaches went to a clinic at TCU in '85( i think) and if you notice, the old TCU logo was flying just like our WOS is. The coaches came up with the idea from the TCU helmet logo and incorporated it into our own.

( I think this is what coach Thompson told me in highschool)

I could be wrong though.

So we did sort of copy the logo, but styled it on our own. I will try to find an old picture of TCU's helmets and post it on here.

Guest ECBucFan

EC has a new E and C interlocked, with the state of Texas profile inside the C. Really sharp. Green and Gold is a good combo, too.

Guest bleed orange

I think the uniforms Orangefield had about 3 years ago were sweet. They had the stripe on the side that came to a point at the bottom of the pants. The stripe was also on the jersey to match.

Guest bulldogbark

I think the crimson on crimson on crimson is a great look for Jasper, or is it red on red on red or maybe its maroon on maroon on maroon (sp) we always seem to get a different shade every two years :D

I think the uniforms Orangefield had about 3 years ago were sweet. They had the stripe on the side that came to a point at the bottom of the pants. The stripe was also on the jersey to match.

By far those were the best. Had those in 2002 and 2003. I hate the ones we have now, they are too plain.

Well' date=' the coaches went to a clinic at TCU in '85( i think) and if you notice, the old TCU logo was flying just like our WOS is. The coaches came up with the idea from the TCU helmet logo and incorporated it into our own.

( I think this is what coach Thompson told me in highschool)

I could be wrong though.

So we did sort of copy the logo, but styled it on our own. I will try to find an old picture of TCU's helmets and post it on here.[/quote'] Close Kicker. The Clinic was in Ohio at Ohio State and the look was after a TCU Money clip according to Coach Foreman. :D

They got the idea from TCU. Coach Thompson attended a football clinic at TCU back when Jim Whacker was their coach. When he got back, he initiated a change on the helmet to look like the TCU logo.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin

• Whatever happened to educating people so that they don’t go off the deep end pursuing an incident that shouldn’t be political in the first place? Seems everyone is looking for their “trigger”moment. The dumbing down of America has taken its toll. Anyone who would hold this against her is doing so out of spite and for political gain. Said people need to be ignored.
    • You won’t get an argument from me that this won’t hurt her nationally but I don’t think this will hurt her in SD or even an appointment in a Republican administration.  I’m sure she saw backlash from some, apparently not from folks like you and me, which is significant, but like I said, I appreciate the honesty.
    • Appreciate the confidence.  Why don’t we see how this works out for her.  Going great so far.  She MIGHT be able to get re-elected in South Dakota next election, but if a good candidate runs against her in the Republican primaries she may be in trouble.  I don’t think there’s a chance in hades she gets the VP nomination, and if for some reason Trump is dumb enough to give it to her, his chances of winning are probably over.  On a positive note, maybe DeSantis gets it now?  If they win and do a decent job then we’d have a VP ready to run for president in four years with a good shot of winning.  
    • I honestly don’t have an issue with it.  I grew up around livestock.  We had a neighbor lose nearly 30 animals in a 3-week period before they caught the dogs doing it. Those dogs needed to die.  I was there when my uncle killed a dog that was eating his chickens… didn’t bother me. If one of my dogs ever bites one of my kids it’ll be dead.  Immediately.  But some things are better left unsaid, and probably 90% of the country loves dogs, with only a small fraction of them being able to relate to why she did what she did.  
    • If only she was as politically savvy as you. 🙂
  • Topics