Hardin At Kountze Predictions

[quote name="bushpilot" post="316805" timestamp="1200559267"]
Topdawg must have been on the moon the first time Hardin played Kountze.
[/quote]

Not so fast my friend!  ;) But, I can see 8) where TopDawg is coming from. The Lions are on a roll right now, and there is nothing like getting revenge 'at home'. I do believe that Hardin "SHOCKED" Kountze the last time they played and I'm confident that the Lions will win this one handily (+15). Kountzes' offensive weapons are coming to life at the right time. You have to remember that the Lions are VERY young. Zay McDaniel (FR.), Roman Walker (SO.), and Devin Bray (SO).) are key components to the Lions offense. The second part of the district season will be very interesting to say the least, as I look for Hardin to drop a few games.

It sounds crazy saying Kountze will win by 30. But Kountze played Hardin in the Middle of December the 1st time and they were not as good as they are now and too much talent on kountze side. + the Officials won't blow the game like they did in Hardin.

I actually thought that game was one of the better games called this year. I think it will be a closer game though...Hardin gets up to play Kountze, especially in basketball.

I agree high school ball is all about match ups.Marsh will play well but Kountze has 2 bigs that play well and the guard match ups go to Kountze at home.I also agree about the officials at Hardin,they did a very good job of calling a good ballgame.I don't think that will be the case in Kountze,they will let them play and that style game favors Kountze.I think the Lions win this one and set up another matchup in the Montagne.

Kountze-80

Hardin-60

I have a question that really isn't about this topic but what happens if Kountze beats Hardin and then EC beats Hardin at Hardin and then kountze in winnie. Wouldn't that make a three way tie? all three teams having 2 losses in district. what would they do?

Thats a very real possibility. I think there are gonna be some upsets in the second half and I don't see anyone in the district beating Kountze the way there playing right now.

Kountze by 20 at home. They will make a statement.

They will only make a statement if the refs lets Ktz play their brand of ball...i.e. heavy press (with lots of handchecking, body contact, etc).  That is what they thrive on...don't get me wrong, they are a good team led by a very good coach, but they are young and impatient...they want the steal and they want it NOW!...and that can lead to fouls in just about any game, but, like I said, if the refs let them play hard....who knows??

edit: I want to add that the tempo will not be set by either team, but by the officials.  If the officials call it tight, then this helps Hardin, but if they call it loose, then this favors Kountze.  This is not an official bash, but this is how I see it.  I hope it is a good game like the last one.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476