Apologies to the Silsbee Coach, Assistants, and Fans

Cat22

I don't know the details of what happened in the fourth quarter, but apparently some derogatory comments were made to the Silsbee bench.  Every village has an idiot and if it's who I think it was, this person is our idiot.  This is not the first time this has happened with this person, but I sure hope it's the last.  Hopefully our administration will ban this person from future Orangefield sporting events.  Please Coach do not lump all of Orangefield in the same category with our idiot.  I know this apology means nothing to you and your assistants, but I for one do apologize for what took place.  Coach you are a class act and I wish you and your staff nothing but continued success the rest of the season.  Coach if there is anything I can do for you, send me a PM on this site and I will give you my contact information.  Sorry for what transpired and good luck the rest of the way.

Guest bleed orange
I agree Cat. I have seen this person be rude more than once and he should be banned from future games. I will also do what it takes to make sure this does not happen again. The coach from Silsbee and his players are a class act. And I hate it that this fan had to show his ignorance. Please don't judge Orangefield by one persons actions.

After the game I personally apologized to the Silsbee coach and some Silsbee fans for our village idiot acting like a retard, even though I don't know exactly what transpired behind the Silsbee bench.  Although I don't feel we should be the ones to apologize for the actions of 1 or 2 (they should be ashamed enough to do it themselves), I will because I don't want Silsbee people thinking we all act like that.  Good Luck Tigers!

Thanks Cat and Bleed. As a coach, I'm a little uneasy about speaking on the forum but I feel that you deserve a response. I want to begin with a hearty congratulations to Chris (Jost) and the Lady Cats on their well deserved victory. At the half, we felt that we had taken their best shot and knew we could come back and almost did but several girls stepped up for Orangefield and did what it took to win the game. I am proud of our LadyTigers but I am also very respectful of the Orangefield team. You play the game the way it should be played!  And from a crowd standpoint, no girls team in this area gets any better following than Orangefield.
In addressing the issue that has been brought up, I must admiot that I personally don't register much of the heckling that takes place during the game. I wish it would never happen, but probably all schools do it to an extent and after all these years that I've been in this profession I've learned that you have to zone it out as best as possible and focus on the important issues...your team and the game at hand. I really couldn't tell you what the three major culprits last night were saying but the kids and personnel on our bench were really drained from the constant barrages. From a head doach's standpoint, I felt I had to get the officials to remove them from the gym but it never happened. I was very disappointed about that and as a result, our bench was still taunted by these people. It's a shame that some people couldn't realize that there was a great game being played by two very good teams and to enjoy the moment.
I want to thank the several Orangefield fans who were so courteous and complimentary after the game. As coach of the Lady Tigers, I would hope that Orangefield was able to see the true quality of people such as Ang Green, Chelsye Tyler, Brittany Henry, Mary Moody and the rest of the team that I am blessed to coach. Believe me, I have the same high regards for the Lady Cats and their staff. I wish the Lady Cats the best for the rest of the season...except if we are fortunate enough to make the playoffs and would have to play each other again....

Thanks for putting up with my long essay....

Have a Blessed Day,
Coach Bob Killam
Silsbee Lady Tigers

Belive me Coach your team has my respect and I'm sure everyone who has seen your girls play has that  same respect, I think enough of the Orangefield fans will take care of that problem you had last night.  Tell your girls they played great and take it to HJ in their house!  You're a class act and so are your girls. Good luck the rest of the season! 

Coach K, those of us from Orangefield that do have common sense do have the upmost respect for you, your staff, and your team.  I have really enjoyed watching Silsbee since you took over the program.  You run a class team and your players are class acts also and are very respectful.  I always pull for Silsbee, except ofcourse when they are playing my Lady Bobcats.  Last night was a great atmosphere for girls basketball.  That's the way it should be, with the exception of the three stooges!!  Best of luck to you coach the remainder of the season.  It would be great if we were to meet again.  I'm pulling for you and the Lady Tigers!!

I'm the same as Cat22, I am always trying to find the stats to all the Lady Tiger games on here.  I to pull for the Tigers unless they are playing the Bobcats.  We will hopefully take care of the problem you had last night.  I can not say enough about Ang Green, she is the epitome of greatness on the court, I read something someone wrote about her "[b]she can not be stopped only contained[/b]" well we tried to contain her and she had 38 or 39 points. She is awesome.

CoachK I too would like to apologize to you and your players and coaching staff for last night. I too have no clue what was said or done, but I'm extremely embarrassed by a few people's actions. That is not typical of Orangfield fans and hopefully that type of situation will never happen again.

Coach I was one of the individuals that shook your hand after the game and wished you all the luck in the world. I too appreciate what you've done in Silsbee and I also appreciate how your team plays and carries themselves. Your a class act and so is your team. I hope Silsbee knows what type of coach and person they have over there running their girls program...I believe they know!!! Good luck to your Lady Tigers the rest of the season and I hope that your thoughts on our team, fans and community are not tarnished by what happen last night.

Trust me Bobcat fans, we Tiger fans know what a gem of a coach we have in Coach Killam. We greatly appreciate the fantastic job this man has done.

To you Coach K, don't even think about leaving anytime soon, we won't let you. Besides, I need you to help me out doing the spotting duties in the pressbox when I have to fill in for Alan. ;D

Guest bleed orange
Hey Coach this is Keith Little. Your kids played their hearts out last night and you should be proud.That is whats fun about playing you guys. The game are always electrifying and the sportsmanship shown by both team is awesome.  I knew that you and your team was a class act the first time I met you guys. I will voice my concerns to the administration about the fan and also the handling of the situation. Good luck to you and your team the rest of the way. Ang, you played awesome last night.

I would like to just make a comment.  I was behind the people in the stands that everyone is talking about and Mr. LeJeune did come and talk to them before Coach K even asked him too (the refs had already talked to Mr. LeJeune).  When Coach K said something, Mr. LeJeune then came and sat next to the people in question to make sure nothing more was said.  Not to make an excuse for the people themselves and maybe they should have been asked to leave.....but I do feel that at that point the school had handled it. 

I too love a good basketball game and last night was probably the BEST game I have ever been too (other than the playoff game Kirby made a three pointer at the buzzer to win the game)....but I have only been on the basketball scene for a few years now.

Let me also weigh in on Coach K. Not too many times, if hardly ever, does an opposing coach talk to me at a game like Coach K so often does. Before tip off last night I walked over to get Silsbee's overall record and he asked if I was Gabe from the Leader. That started about a five minute conversation in which we just talked about the game and other happenings around the area. Then Coach thanked me for the work the Leader does in girls sports and that he reads my stories online.
Coach K that really meant a lot and I will certainly start pulling for Silsbee more than ever when they are not up against our area teams of course! You yourself are a class act and it has trickled down to your players and fellow coaches.
Good luck the rest of the way and thanks again for your kind words

During my first year as a coach, I was JV and assistant to Coach K. That was nearly a decade ago, and while I have been assistant to other coaches, none have been the role model for me that he is. Since that time I have coached against him, and he has never been anything but a class act, and his teams as well. When we came over from Houston to play, Coach K was there from the beginning, making sure we needed nothing. And the Lady Tigers were great as well, talking with me and my players after the game. If I could ever become half the coach, teacher, and person Coach K is, I could honestly say I had lived a great life.

So to you, Coach, just remember that you are loved and respected, and never let yourself doubt that. Print out the pages here if you ever need reminding. For every quote listed here, there's probably a few hundred people that feel the same.

And I am one of them.

Lin Ellis

Sam Rayburn Lady Texans

I was not at the game to see what happened.  However, I do find it a bit upsetting that our Orangefield fans would resort to name calling on this board.  I can tell you that the heckling of the players only gets worse as the boys and girls go on to college.  However, a parent that is reduce to calling another fan names does not set a good example for the kids.  Just my opinion.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder