Question of the Week

No one has raised this question.  But the current win streak and a record of 7-2 without Jacovian Brown makes me wonder.....  Are the Titans better without Jacovian Brown?  They beat a really good Kingwood team...  They are playing more cohesive basketball...  The coach is able to be a coach now... It may be true!  What do you think?

Guest DickVitale

Dude, why do you pull OZEN into EVERY thread? The question was about PA Memorial...We understand your opinion...This thread is about PA Memorial though.  Man! ::)

We had this discussion Friday, Short.  And as I told you then, they are winning and doing it as a team.  I know how good you are and I'm not brushing that aside.  But you have to come off the pine.  That other  Brown is pretty good.  Harry (football QB) and let's not forget about Buckner.

Dude, why do you pull OZEN into EVERY thread? The question was about PA Memorial...We understand your opinion...This thread is about PA Memorial though.  Man! ::)

lol.  I noticed this too.  Give him a little slack, DV.  He's just excited about Ozen hoops and deserves to be.  I think once he becomes a 'seasoned' poster, he'll be ok.  lol.

Guest DickVitale

Terrul is definitely doing the right thing...This should have been done YEARS ago, but, hopefully this will help him (J'Covan) in the long run. Kudos Coach Henderson, you pulled a move like Coach Gamble on that one!! :D

It is not big news yet and I could notr see why!  The sports casters always says tahat J. Brown didnt play but there has been no big story about it!  I don't want to hurt the kids college chances (no more than he, himself already has)  but this is good sports news...  And you wonder why the BMT Enterprise never has good sports articles!

Terrul is definitely doing the right thing...This should have been done YEARS ago, but, hopefully this will help him (J'Covan) in the long run. Kudos Coach Henderson, you pulled a move like Coach Gamble on that one!! :D

Man I hate to agree with you DickVigtale, but you are right on with this one.

No one has raised this question.  But the current win streak and a record of 7-2 without Jacovian Brown makes me wonder.....  Are the Titans better without Jacovian Brown?  They beat a really good Kingwood team...  They are playing more cohesive basketball...  The coach is able to be a coach now... It may be true!  What do you think?

If he is selfish in his play, then yes it seems like they are.

[quote name="bigdog" post="315286" timestamp="1200295857"]
[quote author=shorttexas1 link=topic=31838.msg315239#msg315239 date=1200290700]
[/quote]

If he is selfish in his play, then yes it seems like they are.
[/quote]

Its not about selfish play...  Its about attitude that pours into his teamates.  And the total disdain for the coaching staff that he displays on the court!

I think the record speaks for itself. There have been some quality wins in this too.

Hey, Brown MIGHT be the best player in the area, but it's obvious he's been a virus to the team overall. Like Dick posted earlier, kudos to Henderson for doing what I KNOW what Coach Gamble would have done. The right thing for the TEAM.

Since hearing about this kid a couple of years back and all of his attitude problems, I am wondering where his parents are in all this.  I have been around coaching and athletes all my life and I know there can be two different kinds of parents in this situation.  Either they have no control over their kid or the parents (like the kid) feel everyone owes their kid something and cannot understand why there is a problem.  Any thoughts on this.  Also, as I understand it, he is STILL not playing as of today?  How long is his suspension?

[quote name="bmtdc1996" post="315768" timestamp="1200380912"]
Since hearing about this kid a couple of years back and all of his attitude problems, I am wondering where his parents are in all this.  I have been around coaching and athletes all my life and I know there can be two different kinds of parents in this situation.  Either they have no control over their kid or the parents (like the kid) feel everyone owes their kid something and cannot understand why there is a problem.  Any thoughts on this.  Also, as I understand it, he is STILL not playing as of today?  How long is his suspension?
[/quote]

Indefinite!!!

His father is at every game but doesn't feel the need to discipline him...  Maybe because his father never had the skills or the athleticism his son has... and he is just as caught up in the hype as hiss soon is!!!

[quote name="THEBRAIN" post="315750" timestamp="1200377430"]
WHILE THE TITANS HAD BROWN U GUYS SAID HE DOSEN'T HAVE ANYTHING AROUND HIM I SAID HOW HARD WOULD U PLAY IF U NEVER GOT THE BALL OR IF HE WAS YOUR 1ST 2ND AND 3RD OPTIONS. I LUV THE WAY PEOPLE FLIP FLOP W A WIN NOW THEY 'RE BETTER W/O HIM GOTTA LUV IT
[/quote]

No flip flop here...  I really thought that there was no talent around him... But maybe the kids never got the chance to show their talents...  Now without him they have shown that they have talents too...  My mind or opinion didn't flip flop...  The players stepped up and proved me wrong!

Guest DickVitale
They are now a T-E-A-M...J'covan is a heck of a talent, but it is hard to win with him if he is going to be a distraction.  The other kids have said good riddance, and have realized that they can win without him. The Kingwood win was huge in that aspect.  Now, the challenge is going to be what will happen to the chemistry when he returns. It's definitely a sticky situation in PA....

[quote name="shorttexas1" post="315789" timestamp="1200384109"]
[quote author=bmtdc1996 link=topic=31838.msg315768#msg315768 date=1200380912]
[/quote]

Indefinite!!!

His father is at every game but doesn't feel the need to discipline him...  Maybe because his father never had the skills or the athleticism his son has... and he is just as caught up in the hype as hiss soon is!!!

Brown's older brother seems to be far apart in attitude than his younger brother so it may be in the genes. I see a lot of AAU games in Texas, especially in the Houston area. The majority of kids with attitude problems have parents who are not active in their kid's social activities. I'm really surprised to hear his dad watches him play. If it was my sons, I'd beat their azz&^*es and explain to CPS later. = Child Protective Services
[/quote]

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="315818" timestamp="1200387472"]
[quote author=shorttexas1 link=topic=31838.msg315789#msg315789 date=1200384109]
[quote author=bmtdc1996 link=topic=31838.msg315768#msg315768 date=1200380912]
[/quote]

Indefinite!!!

Brown's older brother seems to be far apart in attitude than his younger brother so it may be in the genes. I see a lot of AAU games in Texas, especially in the Houston area. The majority of kids with attitude problems have parents who are not active in their kid's social activities. I'm really surprised to hear his dad watches him play. If it was my sons, I'd beat their azz&^*es and explain to CPS later. = Child Protective Services
[/quote]
[/quote]

I heard the funniest thing last night...  Someone that was a Memorial fan said the to worst people in their respective sports are JB and Pac Man Jones...  That had me rolling!!!!!!!!

[IMG]http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j108/tvc184/anim_lol.gif[/img]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder