Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

But, if Silsbee is somehow still in football playoffs, this game may not be played or it will be nothing but JV players for Silsbee.

Silsbee has 90% of the varsity basketball players on the varsity football team.

Posted

2nd round of playoffs would be the 20th. That's the Friday before that Monday the 23rd.

I anticipate Silsbee to at least make the 2nd round. Even if they lose that game I don't expect too many varsity basketball players to suit up on that Monday.

Posted
6 hours ago, AggiesAreWe said:

2nd round of playoffs would be the 20th. That's the Friday before that Monday the 23rd.

I anticipate Silsbee to at least make the 2nd round. Even if they lose that game I don't expect too many varsity basketball players to suit up on that Monday.

We played them the Monday after they lost in football the previous Friday night last year. I think almost all the football guys played they just hadn't had one practice yet. 

Posted
Just now, CoachWynnTHS said:

We played them the Monday after they lost in football the previous Friday night last year. I think almost all the football guys played they just hadn't had one practice yet. 

I remember but this Silsbee team has way more football guys than last year's team.

Most did play in that game but a few did not.

Point being, it's likely a Silsbee JV type team that plays on the 23rd.

Posted

Silsbee tournaments this year will be Nederland, Lufkin and Tarkington tourneys.

Silsbee has home non district games against Splendora on Dec. 1, Hardin-Jefferson on Dec. 8 and Huffman on Dec. 15.

Road non district game at Port Arthur Memorial on Nov. 28.

Silsbee is also playing in the Texas Jamboree at CE King on Nov. 27

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Member Statistics

    46,970
    Total Members
    1,837
    Most Online
    NETSN
    Newest Member
    NETSN
    Joined
×
×
  • Create New...