1. 1. Who will win

• Kirbyville
    • Newton

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tigersvoice

Meh..it is not like Newton fans went silent.  As a rule, Newton does not do much trash talking. (There are, of course, exceptions.)

A few lessons learned from decades of winning:

1.  Trash talk wins no games.

2.  Anyone can be beat. 

3.  This one Kirbyville would do well to heed. When it comes to the playoffs, being better than your opponent is not enough.

Here is my attempt at trash talk: 

All this noise coming from the Kirbyville fans makes me wonder.  Since you are not content to let the team speak for itself through what happens on the field, I ask "Who are you trying to convince?"

The reason you don't hear from Newton is we expect to win the game and district title next week.  Period.  We don't hope to win, or think maybe we will win, or might win, we EXPECT to win.  That trophy belongs to Newton and has for over three decades excepting a year here and there.  Can it be taken from Newton?  Sure.  Bridge City, Jasper, and other have managed to take it home here and there but none for long.  Crowing about how Kirbyville is "Here to stay", before they have even arrived, rings hollow.

It rings hollow just as much as people saying that Newton is as good this year as in years past!  Simply not the case! ;)

Suppose, Lefty99, just suppose that Newton does beat Kirbyville this year - I realize that that event CAN NOT happen in your reasoning - but just suppose it does.  Then Newton will have achieved that feat with a team that is inferior to (not as good as) Newton teams of the past.  Then what stamp does that put on Kirbyville?  Oh, I know - it was the referees! ::)

I think Silsbee has enough problems keeping their players on the feild maybe you should attend to that cause we dont wont any tigervoice here!! lol

No you shouldn't. First you are throwing a blanket over all of the players. Second unless you were there you don't know the facts. Third this isn't the place for that.

?? Trying to comprehend your use of classless.  Where was that statement anywhere in these posts?

OK so please start talking about football then. Everyone seems to be talking about talking about football yet it has not been done. Please get back on topic from here on out.

The first post dealing with the Silsbee situation has been deleted and a warning has been sent about language on this thread.

This should be a great thread about two great teams. Use it wisely before it is deleted if it gets too out of hand.

I agree! Back to Predictions and FOOTBALL talk.

Yes, to get back on the topic about the Kville/Newton game would be a good idea. I, for one, will be rooting 110% for Kville to win this one, am I going to take it to the bank, of course not! Anything can happen, it is a football game afterall. I've read that Newton hasn't had the great year as they have in the past, but that doesn't make them any less of a team. They will be bringing it next week and we will be ready for what they have to offer. There is no magic 8-ball that will tell us who WILL win this game, but I can tell you this, there will be alot of blood, sweat and tears shed on that field..it will be the game that we will remember for a long time comming. That itself will make it a DANG good game well worth watching!!  Go Wildcats!!!!! ;)

Yes, to get back on the topic about the Kville/Newton game would be a good idea. I, for one, will be rooting 110% for Kville to win this one, am I going to take it to the bank, of course not! Anything can happen, it is a football game afterall. I've read that Newton hasn't had the great year as they have in the past, but that doesn't make them any less of a team. They will be bringing it next week and we will be ready for what they have to offer. There is no magic 8-ball that will tell us who WILL win this game, but I can tell you this, there will be alot of blood, sweat and tears shed on that field..it will be the game that we will remember for a long time comming. That itself will make it a DANG good game well worth watching!!  Go Wildcats!!!!! ;)

Now see, your opinion is very respectable wildcatfan! Nice to see that not every kirvbyville fan is utterly arrogant.

Newton wins this by 2 tds if they will play all 4 quarters. That's what happend to the eagles in the diboll game. They had a good size lead but just seemed to give it up toward the end. This game will be very emotional as well. The eagles for the 1st time in a few yrs are not ranked in the top 25 and they have a statement to make against the #1 team. K Ville at most is ranked #5 or 6 in the state in my opinion.

Go Eagles (Newton wins this one 35-21)

Yall are just all mad because the Egales wont be able to hang this year!

Tell 'em Big Bob!  Just work on that spelling!  You spell Newton's mascot this way:  E a g l e s

::)

I will never forget the 03 season when Newton played K Ville. It was my senior yr at Newton and I could not believe my ears when i heard K Ville was up at HT. Boy was I glad when they pulled out that game. Newton ended up getting beat in the 2nd rd 37-7 by Marlin but just knowing we beat K Ville made it all better. I hope this yr is no different.

Go Eagles

I can not wait for this game. unlike alot of the of this thread which is trash talking i would like to say both teams are going to bring their best games. Newton coming in as defending champs and Kville coming in to their first year in 2a 7-0.....I of course as a wildcat fan i am going for my team but im not gonna say newton is a bunch of whimps and dada dada da lalala you know lol. I think besides if we make state this will be the most emotional game of the season. let both teams play clean and lets have a h**l of a game

This game will be a playoff like feel for both squads. Since Newton will be going in the playoffs as a small school, this will be a great challenge for them playing the #1 team in the state. I sure hope our eagles pull it out. Regardless its going to be a dog fight from kickoff and until the last sec clicks off the clock.

Go Eagles

In case anyone is interested, it was Newton's JV 45 Kirbyville JV 12 in tonights game

Good Game..but the one that really counts is Next week..RIGHT???? lol

I'm just curious, If newton were to come out on top next week, what would you say then?

I would say GREAT GAME..I'm not above myself to say good game to an opposing team. I myself played sports in high school. This site is all fun and no harm meant. So if you are getting offended, I am sorry, but I love my team, and I support them 100% win or lose. If newton wins next week, good for them, hope they dont, but we make playoffs regardless. I see Kirbyville going deep either way! So..Good luck next week Newton and Good Luck Kirbyville! GO CATS!!!!

In case anyone is interested, it was Newton's JV 45 Kirbyville JV 12 in tonights game

In case you were wondering, nobody cares. Ha. When those JV players reach Varsity level.. then we care. Until then, lets just worry about next Friday night  ;D

Wish they would have won but look at it half of the sophmores are on varsity.

The difference between Newton and Kirbyville is, Newton reloads every year. Kirbyville will have a good team for about 4-5 years then they are down for 2-4 years. Newton is never down. I would like to know the last time Newton had a losing season. Can anyone come up with that number? When it comes to football Newton and WOS are in a class by themself. Nobody in southeast Texas is even close. It does not matter who wins this game, except too the two schools. But I will say this, Newton is heads and tails above Kirbyville when it comes to football. Heck even basketball and track. The only sport that Kirbyville my dominate is baseball and I am not sure they do in that sport.

I will tell you another sport Kirbyville DOMINATES in is TENNIS!!! They have not lost District since 1991, You can take it to the bank!!! So Kirbyville is not only good at Football!!!

I keep hearing how good Newtons defense is...Ok..and Kirbyville's D is not??? Dont get it. We've only allowed 13.8 ppg for the entire season thats pretty awesome. In district play we've only allowed 7ppg. Hello...Give our D some credit!! Your offense will not walk all over our D I promise you that!!! We have been tough on everyones running game. So I hope Barbay dont plan on running the ball..cause he wont get far up the field..Dont worry..our CATS will be there to play and win! And for you newton fans...who say your team is as good as you've been in the past...what happened to your poor eagles this year? YOU LOST TO DIBOL!!! I believe OUR WILDCATS BEAT DIBOL!!!! So I dont understand how you can be so overly confident! I think you better start paying attention!

WEEK 10 HERE WE COME!!! GO WILDCATS!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami