CitiBank is RACIST!

This has to do with LMI banks......there are white people that bank at those minority owned banks and are also having the fee waived. I don't see a case of discrimination here. 

There are mortgage LMI programs that give crazy discounts, no closing cost, etc for folks that make less than a certain amount purchasing in a designated LMI area.  

15 hours ago, Separation Scientist said:

Charges fees according to skin color. So Sad.  

This is the hidden content, please

While the practice they're speaking of is wrong, it's not necessarily charging the customer based on his/her skin color. A non-minority can bank at the minority owned bank and get the same advantages. I do think it gives an unfair advantage to certain banks based on the owner's skin color which, as I said, is wrong.

Just now, thetragichippy said:

This has to do with LMI banks......there are white people that bank at those minority owned banks and are also having the fee waived. I don't see a case of discrimination here. 

There are mortgage LMI programs that give crazy discounts, no closing cost, etc for folks that make less than a certain amount purchasing in a designated LMI area.  

You beat me to it. Lol.

1 hour ago, SmashMouth said:

While the practice they're speaking of is wrong, it's not necessarily charging the customer based on his/her skin color. A non-minority can bank at the minority owned bank and get the same advantages. I do think it gives an unfair advantage to certain banks based on the owner's skin color which, as I said, is wrong.

Advantages are indeed based on skin color. Can't get around that. 

27 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

Advantages are indeed based on skin color. Can't get around that. 

True. But you said "Charges fees according to skin color", not "Advantages". That's the discrepancy I was pointing out.

Florida customers who say they were charged out-of-network fees for transactions at Citi ATMs while customers of minority-owned banks were not

Wether it be from the SKIN COLOR of the bank owner or the SKIN COLOR of the customer, fees are determind by SKIN COLOR at some point. There is no discrepancy in the statement. This is a totally racist CitiBank policy. . 

7 minutes ago, Separation Scientist said:

Florida customers who say they were charged out-of-network fees for transactions at Citi ATMs while customers of minority-owned banks were not

Wether it be from the SKIN COLOR of the bank owner or the SKIN COLOR of the customer, fees are determind by SKIN COLOR at some point. There is no discrepancy in the statement. This is a totally racist CitiBank policy. . 

If that suits your narrative, I guess...

Its not a "narrative". Its a fact. Citi uses skin color to manipulate fees. 

Its just that easy to understand.  

They don't charge fees based on skin color. Simple as that. I agree that their practice is wrong, but keep the facts straight and clear and untwisted, and your arguments will be more believable and trustworthy. 

1 hour ago, Separation Scientist said:

Except they do. Their fee structure is directly based on skin color. If it’s not then why is “minority” in their policy? Let’s see how the lawsuit goes. 

In a roundabout way, you may be correct, but the person paying the fees aren't charged based on ethnicity. As far as how the lawsuit goes, even though what they're doing is a racially biased practice, I have no faith in the judicial system to get that right. Ask Donald J Trump what he thinks about fairness in the court system...

Maybe I am missing it but…..

There is no debate that the policy is purely based on race or ethnicity.

However….

If the non- minority (White) financial institutions charging fees and making probably millions of dollars collectively but the minority owned institutions are not, are the minority owned businesses being deprived (screwed) of an easy profit??

So while the minority (and White) customers might be saving $2-$3 a transaction at minority owned institutions, those minority owned businesses are losing possibly large amounts of money.

Are am I missing something?

But there is a debate coming from someone here. SM is saying its not really what it is. Buisness and fees determind by skin color. 

If we are EVER going to achieve MLK's dream of real equality and have a colorblind society, then we have to stop looking at skin color. Period. 

Second, remember the auto company government bail outs? Remember when GM got bailed out and became "Government Motors"? I happen to be listening to a former GM dealership owner on the radio in Houston. He had one of the most profitable GM dealerships in Texas. Then he got shut down by GM because he was white, while minority owned underperforming GM dealerships in Houston were allowed to exist and even got propped up by the infusion of Government (taxpayer) bailout cash that GM was awarded. The guy seem to have ran a model, overperforming Chevy dealership, but was punished and shut down due to his skin color. This racism has to stop. CitiBank has to stop doing all buisness by skin color. I hope the lawsuits against them stands.     

If we are EVER going to achieve MLK's dream of real equality and have a colorblind society, then we have to stop looking at skin color. Period.

I agree, but that will never happen in my opinion. At least not in the foreseeable future.