24-2A thoughts..predictions?

bobcatfan

What are yalls predictions for 24-2A?  This will be a very interesting district, because besides Buna, i think any 5 of those teams (EC, Deweyville, Hardin, Warren, Anahuac) not counting Kountze can make the playoffs... Kountze is probably a lock...A lot of people are going to put EC in their playoff predictions, but i wouldnt just assume that will happen.  I havent seen them play, but heard they havent played real well and dont have a lot of help around Tremain Thomas.  The team i know the least about is Anahuac.  I've seen Warren, Deweyville, and Buna play and have seen plenty of EC, Hardin scores, but Anahuac is hard to tell how good they are.  They did beat a good liberty team.  I think the team of the 5 teams i mentioned that i feel most confident will get in is Hardin.  Looking at their scores they seem to be a pretty impressive team.  So really to me it comes down to EC, Deweyville, Warren, and Anahuac fighting it out for 1 spot.. My gut says Warren might have the next best chance with their shooting.  Dont sleep on Deweyville, they have a good guard in Caleb Jackson and a big post named Bland, they will be a tough team to beat.  I wouldnt be shocked to see them get in.  I also wouldnt be shocked if EC didnt get in the playoffs.  Just some of my thoughts about this district.  What do yall think?

This district is too close to call.  Pre-season, I said Kountze, EC, and Warren.  What I didn't count on was Hardin, Anahuac, and Deweville playing this good.  My predictions are over with, just gonna watch it play out.  Good luck to all these teams.  Hope officiating doesn't factor into any of these teams losing out or wining for that matter.

This district is too close to call.  Pre-season, I said Kountze, EC, and Warren.  What I didn't count on was Hardin, Anahuac, and Deweville playing this good.  My predictions are over with, just gonna watch it play out.  Good luck to all these teams.  Hope officiating doesn't factor into any of these teams losing out or wining for that matter.

I agree,  this should be some race.  But, you know as well as I that there will be officiating issues! I just hope no local officials will be calling local games.  That's been a real stickler with me, having a coaches brother call a game, what's up with that.

not just coaches brother but kids parent, uncles, brother inlaw all that kind of stuff just isnt right

LOOK LIKE THE UIL SHOULD DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS.

Very close district top to bottom.The top 6 teams will be easily capable of beating each other on any given night.The team that wins it will protect the home court and steal one or two on the road.The top 3 preseason picks were a little inconsistant early but seem to be playing better now.E/C has Vance back and McBee has the knee brace off in Warren so they should both get better.I think those will be the 3 playoff teams in no particular order.E/C Kountze and Warren.Hardin,Anahuac and Deweyville(if they get Bland back) will all upset some folks.Buna must be getting better because they played Hardin a lot closer than I thought they would.

Does anyone know when Bland might return?  This young man is the key to Deweyville's success this season. With Jackson and Bland (2 of the few that seem to not be hot heads and not out their to injury their opponents) in the game together, they really make a difference for the Deweyville squad.

I don't understand the part about injuring your opponents?

He is probably talking about the flagrant foul given to #2 on the breakaway layup in Warren last friday night.There is a huge difference in a hard foul and a cheap shot,that was a cheap shot and was called as such.It's very easy for someone to be hurt with that kind of foul,no place for that in the game.I agree with sports talk,D-Ville does need Bland to be successful.With him they can challenge for a playoff spot.

He is probably talking about the flagrant foul given to #2 on the breakaway layup in Warren last friday night.There is a huge difference in a hard foul and a cheap shot,that was a cheap shot and was called as such.It's very easy for someone to be hurt with that kind of foul,no place for that in the game.I agree with sports talk,D-Ville does need Bland to be successful.With him they can challenge for a playoff spot.

I did not attend the game, that doesn't sound like something that the players on this team do, I have seen several other games Deweyville has played and I did not witness any flagrant fouls in those games.

Yes, D-ville's #2 foul in the Warren game. 

And the fouls from D-ville's #13 & #5 against Spurger's #1 PG @ the Deweyville Tourney.  I have been to only three games of D-ville's. I have witnessed what seems to be very intentional fouling that could have really done harm to their opponent.

"My opinion" is that their are "some" on the D-ville squad that needs to get a check on their game, get Bland back, and this team may have a real good chance of a top three spot in District. If not  ??? ??? ???   

Yes, D-ville's #2 foul in the Warren game. 

And the fouls from D-ville's #13 & #5 against Spurger's #1 PG @ the Deweyville Tourney.  I have been to only three games of D-ville's. I have witnessed what seems to be very intentional fouling that could have really done harm to their opponent.

"My opinion" is that their are "some" on the D-ville squad that needs to get a check on their game, get Bland back, and this team may have a real good chance of a top three spot in District. If not  ??? ??? ???   

I was at those games, and I don't remember a single flagrant foul called. If your calling a player running down a break away and contesting the free layup as something other than hustle and make the player make two free throws instead of giving up the easy layup then I don't agree with your assessment at all.  Like I said, I was at those games, and I didn't see anything other than basketball games being played, the ref's let these games go on the contact side in the Spurger game where both sides played hard with lots of contact, you can't point your finger at one team.

I disagree w/ steelerczy, I was also @ these games and pushing Warren's player in the back in mid-air is just not right.

And to the Spurger game.  I have it on tape and reviewed it today after reading the previous post. D-ville's # 13 put a shoulder in Spurger's #1 back and then what looks to be a trip, & then as #1 tried to get up #13 got up all in his face, w/ his chest out, and #1 returned w/ the same reaction.  Ref's called double foul.  D-ville's coach didn't even take him out. And by the way Spurger's did.  The next foul by #13 within a minute of this incident.  The Ref's looked to be warning them while lined up for Spurger's freethrows.  And #13 kept laughing @ the refs. 

Then when #1 came back in the game in the 4th quarter, when their was about less than a minute left in the game.  D-ville's #5 came about mid-court, dropped his shoulder, and plowed into #1 in the chest. 

SteelerCzy you may need to review this game, since you obviously turned your head a time or two.

DP#1Fan, I totally agree with you.  Bland seems to be a good kid, as well as a bball player.  And Deweyville is for sure going to need him to be successful this season :)

DHSpirate, I hope your right & he is able to come back healthy & 100% :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83