Lamar vs. BYU Predictions?

KFDM COOP

Guest coachacola

Come on!! Need a prediction! :D

No prediction from me either.  #20 BYU has already beaten Louisville, lost to #1 North Carolina by 10, and lost to #9 Michigan State by 7 a few nights ago (they had a 10 point lead at halftime).

Last year when we played them and won, we were 3-6 with a 3 game losing streak.  But unlike last year, this is not a home game and we don't have James Davis this time to score 20 points and grab 16 rebounds!!!

Guest abovetherim

BYU by 15-20 at home. Lamar has no answer for the big man for BYU. Unless the guards shoot a ungodly percentage from the 3pt line the Cougars will extend their homecourt winning streak.

The reason Lamar beat BYU last year was because James Davis was a better true center than Trent Plaisted, who they built their offense around.  Davis swatted Plaisted's first shot (faced up), and the look on Plaisted's face was total shock.  It was a great match-up for Lamar with Davis, but it's a bad match-up without him.  I'd be shocked if Lamar were able to pull it off.

Guest abovetherim

Lord, I hope the game is within 30 pts. BYU is really good this year and we have no inside game versus a guy 6-11 with a wonderful offensive game. LS plays with heart but I doubt he is really 6-6. I bet he is more like 6-5. Worrell is a tough guy but again he may be 6-7. I haven't seen Brown play real tough on D so far this season. Nabors is a high energy guy but again he is 6-6. Custer isn't ready to play at this level just yet. So, the only chance Lamar has is to attempt to turn the game into a track meet. Run from baseline to baseline. Limit the subs for the starters. I'd go with the guys playing best right now. 1. McThay 2. Dawkins 3. Nabors 4. Sanders. 5. Worrell. Use D-Hop, Barrow, and Nwevo and that is it for this game. I love Hall but he appears a step lower since his car wreck. Todd loves jacking it up from 30 feet and can't make a layup. I'd go with 8 guys this game and hope they have the energy to play 40 minutes. Plus, the air in Utah is thinner than here and our guys may not hold up in those conditions.

I am just hopeful of a competitive game and that our team will be improved after playing such a talented and well coached team.

Guest coachacola

The only way I can see us having a chance at winning is if we get hot from the outside and our inside guys rebound very well.  BYU is very good offensively and defensively.  This could be a repeat of the Mississippi game.

Guest coachacola

BYU is similar to Mississippi and they killed us on the boards.  DHop and Todd started the Mississippi game but won't start in this one, so that's a plus.  Nabors and Worrell are playing better.  Both Nabors and Sanders need to have monster rebounding night. Nwevo is always a question mark.  At his size I thought he'd be a lot better rebounder.  McThay will probably start with Dawkins in the back court.  We'll see how well McThay plays against a top-notch opponent.

Guest coachacola

LU by 1 on a last minute layup by Kenny Dawkins.  Both Sanders and Nabors will have a double-double.  DHop and Barrow have a good offensive night off the bench.  Nwevo and Worrell rack up the fouls but keep their big men from having monster nights.  McThay and Dawkins outplay BYU's guards.

Go ahead and call me a dreamer...I don't care!!

I'll take Lamar by a dozen.  The guards hit their shots at the beginning of the game opening up the middle for Sanders and NAbors.  In the second half, the press of Dawkins and McThay wear down the Cougars and Lamar pulls away in the last few minutes. 

82-70

*All hope, no head.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124