If the #1 team in state can't stop h-j....who will?

hjsc

who can stop them?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. who can stop them?

• Silsbee
    • WOS
    • Orangefield
    • No one

Please note that, in the prediction thread for the HJ @ LH game, I wrote:

"Lufkin Hudson has the worst homer refs in the history of basketball-- well, at least that I've personally seen, and I've been watching for almost half a century.  I don't see how HJ can possibly come out of there with a win."

and

"Worst homer refs in the history of basketball.  That deep East TX chapter is notorious.  They will eject fans for yelling, "What?"  Not "WTF," mind you, but merely, "What?"  The game is all about them and their supreme control over it.  So I am anticipating a miserable drive up there, multiple Hawk Hecklers getting ejected, and a miserable drive home-- but of course we'll be there, supporting our high flying Hawks as they take on the most powerful 8 they'll see all season."

Seeing how the game turned out, then, was no surprise to me.  I am not whining about the loss.  The loss will have some teaching value.  I am whining--more like screaming-- about the cheating refs.  Their shenanigans were so obvious that our assistant coaches were cracking up, laughing hysterically, at some of their call/non-calls.  It is my sincere wish that we never visit Lufkin Hudson again.  It's nothing against their excellent players or coaches, who I hope we get to meet in the playoffs.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Hatchet

Bad refs or cheating refs?  Huge difference.  What were the total fouls on both teams?  I know that they can even them out at the end, did they? Just pondering because I tend to see the best in people and can't believe that they would outright cheat.

Bad refs or cheating refs?  Huge difference.  What were the total fouls on both teams?  I know that they can even them out at the end, did they? Just pondering because I tend to see the best in people and can't believe that they would outright cheat.

to let you no...they didn't even up the foul count h-j had 36 fouls and l.h had 18 and i left with like 3 minutes left so i don't know after that....honestly i would consider them refs as cheating refs but the game is over and now h-j is even more hungry for the championship and now there h-j's district has to deal with the furious h-j players

you were at the game oldtimer?  i wasn't, but i've heard from several people, both HJ fans and otherwise who were there who said it was bad.  it seems from your posts that you feel the refs never have any hand in what happens, and that it's never a valid reason for a team to lose.  come back to the real world, where refs occasionally do cheat, and where teams occasionally do lose from it.  I'm not saying this happened at the HJ game, but you make it sound like there's no way it did happen, could've happened, or ever will happen.  you have to remember that the HJ fans love their team, and they're going to defend their team when they feel they've been cheated.  don't criticize them for that.  regardless, the game was meaningless, and the district now has to deal with a pissed off HJ. 

Bullet13 listen to what you said. I quote "you have to remember that the HJ fans love their team, and they're going to defend their team when they feel they've been cheated.  don't criticize them for that." What happen to what you say about Silsbee being cheated out of the regional finalist game. They need to quit whining because they was whining about their team losing and being cheated out the that game. I'm not trying to be the bad guy but think before you say stuff. Trying to call people out and look at you. Yall lost so get over it.

Bullet13 listen to what you said. I quote "you have to remember that the HJ fans love their team, and they're going to defend their team when they feel they've been cheated.  don't criticize them for that." What happen to what you say about Silsbee being cheated out of the regional finalist game. They need to quit whining because they was whining about their team losing and being cheated out the that game. I'm not trying to be the bad guy but think before you say stuff. Trying to call people out and look at you. Yall lost so get over it.

i'm pretty sure i didn't say that stuff.  i wasn't even really active on here back when that game was played.  if you can show me where i said that, i'll be more than happy to apologize.  if you'll read through the recent threads about HJ and silsbee, while i've stated i think HJ is the better team, i've given ya'll some respect in my posts. 

• 2 months later...
Guest ST4life

Like I said in another post, HJ is the better team over Chapel Hill. Their #1 ranking IMO is not all that special. I even believe Silsbee, who is unranked( but should be) is just as good if not better than Chapel Hill. The Hawks are the defending State champs, that alone is enough to make them the team to beat. But, HJ is also very good, they are playing even more as a team than last year. Not having Donahoe could be a blessing, but I am inclined to think that anytime you don't have a player of that caliber any longer, you will miss him at sometime. We'll see who steps up down the stretch in clutch time like Ryan did so many times. Good luck Hawks.

this seriously might be the dumbest thing ive ever heard silsbee beat OF by 1 point i watched chaped hill play four games and in no way or form is silsbee even close to dreaming about being on their level go watch a game or something cause your words dont match the facts

The fact is Silsbee beat HJ and Silsbee is better :o

Guest tigersvoice

Like I said in another post, HJ is the better team over Chapel Hill. Their #1 ranking IMO is not all that special. I even believe Silsbee, who is unranked( but should be) is just as good if not better than Chapel Hill. The Hawks are the defending State champs, that alone is enough to make them the team to beat. But, HJ is also very good, they are playing even more as a team than last year. Not having Donahoe could be a blessing, but I am inclined to think that anytime you don't have a player of that caliber any longer, you will miss him at sometime. We'll see who steps up down the stretch in clutch time like Ryan did so many times. Good luck Hawks.

this seriously might be the dumbest thing ive ever heard silsbee beat OF by 1 point i watched chaped hill play four games and in no way or form is silsbee even close to dreaming about being on their level go watch a game or something cause your words dont match the facts

Good grief, you are such an idiot!.  H-J has beaten Silsbee by margins of 22 and 19 this season.  Silsbee has beaten H-J by margins of 2 and 12.  Now, I recognize that math is not your strong point so these margins have no meaning to you - but, plain and simple the H-J vs. Silsbee match is a PUSH.  Silsbee was fortunate enough to win the BIG one this year just as H-J did last year.  One can appreciate a person supporting their team - but you bring blind loyalty to a new level.

Jeez.....show some class.  It is great as a Silsbee fan, but give HJ some props.  They pulled for the Tigers to be in the regional finals at least show some respect in their loss.

Bullets13

This what you said on another thread

bullets13

SETXsports Moderator

Senior

Re: *HJ vs. Silsbee Regional Championship Updates/BROADCASTED HERE!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #56 on: Today at 03:30:59 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game over.  Congratulations to the Silsbee tigers.  Hate to see my hawks lose, but you guys had the better team today.  No controversy, no arguments, the tigers were the better team when it mattered most.  Good luck to you guys at the state tourney.  Bring another title home to Southeast Texas!  I must say, the future looks good for the Hawks, as we have a TON of young talent, so maybe this time next year we can go at it again.  Once again, congratulations!

Now which is it? No controversy or the refs had a hand in it.

wait a second... you're saying i said something about the refs having a hand in it today?  or someone else did.  i didn't say anything about the refs.  This thread was started before Silsbee/HJ played the 2nd time.  My quote about the referees was about the game @ Lufkin Hudson where we got screwed.  It was made on December 18th.

wait a second... you're saying i said something about the refs having a hand in it today?  or someone else did.  i didn't say anything about the refs.  This thread was started before Silsbee/HJ played the 2nd time.  My quote about the referees was about the game in Silsbee where they won by one.

Then why post something that you heard...that someone else said... all it is going to do is stir the Tiger faithful up.

wait a second... you're saying i said something about the refs having a hand in it today?  or someone else did.  i didn't say anything about the refs.  This thread was started before Silsbee/HJ played the 2nd time.  My quote about the referees was about the game in Silsbee where they won by one.

Then why post something that you heard...that someone else said... all it is going to do is stir the Tiger faithful up.

I was mistaken, it wasn't even about that game.  It was about the Lufkin Hudson game.  I made that post over two months ago.  This thread was just brought back up today.  I wasn't saying anything about ANY silsbee game, much less the one today.

This is why I asked about proper dates.  I have not heard any excuses from HJ.  I actually appreciate the positive responses from HJ today.  We need to enjoy them while we can because after next week the trash talk begins for next season.

This is why I asked about proper dates.  I have not heard any excuses from HJ.  I actually appreciate the positive responses from HJ today.  We need to enjoy them while we can because after next week the trash talk begins for next season.

I hear you... of course, when you figure that the comments on the last 2 pages of this thread span over two months, it's easy to see why he was confused.

I hear you... of course, when you figure that the comments on the last 2 pages of this thread span over two months, it's easy to see why he was confused.

Sorry about that Bullets

Sorry about that Bullets

absolutely no worries whatsoever.  ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder