If the #1 team in state can't stop h-j....who will?

hjsc

who can stop them?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. who can stop them?

• Silsbee
    • WOS
    • Orangefield
    • No one

Bullets, most of the time I agree with what you have to say, but do you really think Silsbee would be that competitive against HJ. I have no bad blood with the Tigers, just watched them play about 5 times last year and a couple already this year. I feel like they are a slightly better than average team, but no more. By no means is that the gospel, it's just my opinion.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wasn't sure how HJ would handle losing donahoe, but i've been to a couple of games and like what i see.  i like HJ's chances to go undefeated until playoffs... there are only a few teams in the area capable of handing HJ a loss, and silsbee is the only team left on their schedule who could do so.  Now i'm not saying that nobody else can beat HJ, but i'm talking about teams with a legit chance to compete and win without it being some crazy fluke.  District should be a cakewalk with the exception of Silsbee, but i don't think there's any way that HJ will underestimate the tigers.  They'll be prepared for those games, and i still believe they're the better team.  As for most of the rest of the district, HJ can show up and expect to win, and probably will.  The real question will be whether or not they can get mentally ready for the playoffs if they do manage to go all year without losing.

that is because they dont really play a tough schedule. how many 4A and 5A teams do they play?

it still is a cake walk with silsbee in the district they are not that good

I figured you out........you are SCARED of Silsbee.........people don't usually bother spending so much time doggin' someone if they are harmless or of no threat to them........only if you're SCARED..........come on MWhizzie............you must first admit your fears in order to overcome them!

I figured you out........you are SCARED of Silsbee.........people don't usually bother spending so much time doggin' someone if they are harmless or of no threat to them........only if you're SCARED..........come on MWhizzie............you must first admit your fears in order to overcome them!

Now that's funny, don't care how you are. Even a SCARED little hj fan.  :D

Guest ST4life

hey this is a basketball forum not a spelling forum...your just trying to make yourself feel better cus you can spell good, but it doesnt help the fact that Silsbee is garbage and cant beat HJ....just fave the fact! ;D

for some reason i was thinking that last year Silsbee did beat HJ maybe that was a mistake :o like you said Silsbee could never beat HJ  :D

hey this is a basketball forum not a spelling forum...your just trying to make yourself feel better cus you can spell good, but it doesnt help the fact that Silsbee is garbage and cant beat HJ....just fave the fact! ;D

Calling a team garbage is pretty classless....but that is what everyone has come to expect from you.

ok i'm from h-j and saying that silsbee is garbage is the dumbest thing you can say....if silsbee is garbage then why is h-j and silsbee the main topic when we talk about 3a basketball...Silsbee is good (how good, i don't know) i have not seen them play. Y do dumb people say dumb things?

lol  :D you know thats pretty good but please explain to me why i would be scared of you oh bc i talk smack so do all of you

Bullets, most of the time I agree with what you have to say, but do you really think Silsbee would be that competitive against HJ. I have no bad blood with the Tigers, just watched them play about 5 times last year and a couple already this year. I feel like they are a slightly better than average team, but no more. By no means is that the gospel, it's just my opinion.

i think HJ is obviously the better team, but silsbee's athletic, and they've got a good season going for them so far.  Also, they have a lot of motivation to beat HJ.  I'm not saying that Silsbee is in the same class as HJ in talent, but they're the best team HJ will face in district, and they're also going to play harder than anyone else when they play HJ.  All i was really stating is that silsbee is the one team that might actually give HJ a competitive game come district. 

I can definitely agree with that. Silsbee is athletic, I just think HJ is the "smarter" team. It should be a pretty good game. . .I think I am going to try and make that one.

i went last year at HJ and it was pretty insane.  packed to capacity and it felt like it was about 110 degrees inside.  it's a hell of an atmosphere if you can get a seat.

I can definitely agree with that. Silsbee is athletic, I just think HJ is the "smarter" team. It should be a pretty good game. . .I think I am going to try and make that one.

Explain to us why you think hj is "smarter" than Silsbee. I have seen this 2 or 3 times and was just wondering on how ya'll come up with this. Thanks

I THINK L.H. STOP THEM REAL GOOD ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

well, the zebras had a hand in it, if i heard right.  regardless, if HJ plays them again on a neutral court, with unbiased refs, i'll place my bet on HJ.  in my opinion, cheated or not, this is a great time for HJ to lose a game.  now that they won't have to worry about that long winning streak, they can refocus and concentrate on bringing home another district crown. 

Why can't you just say that we had a bad night, the better team won, we will work to do better next time.  why does there have to be a conspiracy by the refs to take the game?  Here is a thought, "man we beat the #1 team in the state, we are awesome, uh oh, we are are losing and going to have to play better, instead of the refs cheated" us.  Your team might be one of the best in the area but your fans are some of the biggest whiners to go with it if things do not go your way. It is too bad Coach can't coach you fans on how to win and lose with grace.  Coach is a class act and I am sure he would say that his team did not do some things well that could have helped them to win the game.

you were at the game oldtimer?  i wasn't, but i've heard from several people, both HJ fans and otherwise who were there who said it was bad.  it seems from your posts that you feel the refs never have any hand in what happens, and that it's never a valid reason for a team to lose.  come back to the real world, where refs occasionally do cheat, and where teams occasionally do lose from it.  I'm not saying this happened at the HJ game, but you make it sound like there's no way it did happen, could've happened, or ever will happen.  you have to remember that the HJ fans love their team, and they're going to defend their team when they feel they've been cheated.  don't criticize them for that.  regardless, the game was meaningless, and the district now has to deal with a pissed off HJ. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder